Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey USD!

How tough is Central Arkansas?

(just wondering, since your team is so much better than State's.)

Re: Hey USD!

Beat me too it Coach.

SO WHATS THE ANSWER USD???? ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Coyote-Fan won't answer, although all of their fans were more interested in our score today than in their own score for D-Days!!!

Comment

Based on UCA scores, SDSU may be 37 points better than USD.

Why not be an Jerk? Its our turn. ;D

Comment

Right now the Coyotes are struggling ALOT on offense. There is no excuse the Jacks beat UCA and USD lost to them. Congrats on the win. I am still hoping in the future that we can settle all arguments on the field again.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
            Right now the Coyotes are struggling ALOT on offense. There is no excuse the Jacks beat UCA and USD lost to them. Congrats on the win. I am still hoping in the future that we can settle all arguments on the field again.
            Coyote_Fan, contact your A.D. and tell him that USD should move up to D-1 and should immediately offer to play SDSU at Brookings next year or in 2008.

Comment

If USD does move up and joins the Great West Conference which makes sence at this time they wouldn't have to call Brookings because by conference law they would be forced to play a home and home every other year.

I do believe at the beginning of the season USD was the better of the two teams but right now SDSU is the better of the two teams.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

You still dont understand the difference between DIV. IAA and DIV. II.  Biggest differerence...deeper, faster, and more athletic all around.  I am not just speaking of the first string...you better be able to back-up every position or this schedule is going to kill you every Saturday.

I'll bet if you went to UCA site and asked them which game was harder they wouldnt hesitate to tell you that State walked all over them and with a younger squad.  Take the time to catch a couple of DIV IAA games and you will see that the entire teams play at 100% for the whole 60 minutes.

Comment

Granted it would be nice for UND and USD (I suppose) to join the GWFC for the 2008 season since we could use visits from the @#$^%@#$%@ioux and the Coyotes in order to even out the conference schedule as we only have one home conference game as the schedule currently reads.......

Coyote Fan, we may still want to convince your A.D. to make a call up to SDSU in order to gain support for a USD application into the GWFC............

Comment

There is no doubt that D1AA as a whole is better than D2. No one is going to argue that point. That does not mean that every D1AA team is better than every D2 team. No one is going to argue that point. I understand that a D1AA roster is generally deeper, faster, etc. BUT, and here is the big BUT it doesn't apply in all cases. USD is going through some big problems right now on offense. Those problems arose during each of the last 3 games. I am not going to get into each problem one by one right now (as I wrote that out on the Coyote message board). We just happened to play Central Arkansas at a bad time for us. Our offense is moving the ball ok but they are not cashing in right now. They are a shell of what it was last year. Too many differening factors. O-Coordinator gone, best receiver gone, quarterback gone. We have gone through alot of change and are rotating QB's which is not helping. I don't mean to make excuses but I am just telling it like it is. USD's offense is really faltering right now. The Yotes put up as many yards on UCA as they did the D2 teams they faced. They stopped them about as well too. It's kinda of funny how so many Jacks fans get stuck on the division affiliation thing. You are D1AA so is Central Arkansas. In reality Central Arkansas is not much more than a good D2 playoff program. They may have the full alotment of schollies but I am sure many of those are moreso filler scholarships. I am sure many of them are for underclassmen or transfer students but I am sure those extra scholarships are being stretched out a bit thin. Meaning that some of the players that are getting the scholarships are not making the kinds of contributions that an established D1AA program has. UCA is another case in point of how the upper echelon D2 programs can move up to D1 and be successfully right away.

USD eventhough they have struggled for the past 3 weeks is in the upper echelon of D2 football. They are in the classification of a program that if they move up is likely to have moderate success pretty much right away. Our program is in as good or better shape as far as success as SDSU was at the time they moved up.

SDSU is always a solid team but that is as far as it goes. Nearly every year the Jacks will do one of two things. They either start really slow and then finish really strong or they start really strong and fall apart and finish flat. It usally equates to alot of 6-5 or 7-4 seasons. I am sure many of you wish that they could just put together one really spectacular year and finish 10-1 or 9-2. What you are doing in D1AA is exactly what you were doing in D2 in the prior years before you left.

I kinda of have a question I would like many of you to answer. Why do you think that so many of the teams that have recently moved up to D1AA have had moderate to very good success either in year 1, 2 or 3 after the transition? Why is it that so many programs seem to be able to find their legs so quickly at the next level? Look at NDSU. By all rights they should probably be a top 5 team in D1AA with the way they have started the year. At the time NDSU left, UND was the premier NCC program for the majority of the prior 5-10 years. They weren't heads and shoulders better than anyone else but they would have to be considered the best NCC program over that span. At least the most consistant. Has UND suddenly fallen off the map for being an excellent football program since SDSU, NDSU and UNC left? I don't think UND majically became a bad team. Was the NCC weakened, of course it was. That does not mean that the top 2 or 3 teams in the NCC became inferior to the rest of D2 football. The top teams in the NCC are still very good football teams. If I were a Jacks fan instead of bashing the NCC and belittling them it might be a better idea to appreciate where you came from because it was a darn good starting point that allowed the step up to D1AA be alot smaller than what it could have been had the NCC been at the NSIC level of play. The NCC was good preperation for a step up not a conference that should be frowned upon. That level of competition was top notch and the teams that have moved up are proving that. That should be celebrated not diminished. I think regardless of what happens with the NCC (and now it appears that it will be put to rest soon) what the teams had at a full 10 teams conference was something that can be looked upon very fondly. That is the way I will look back upon it. I think all Jacks fans should also have that way of thinking regardless of what your thinking is of USD or other teams.

When or if USD moves up don't expect them to automatically fail. If you approach that as a foregone conclusion you might be disappointed. As a Coyote fan if I expect immediate success I might also be disappointed. The thing is, you can never lose respect for the possibility of ones own failure or other teams successes. That does for fans of any team. It can all go up fast and down even faster. USD football and SDSU basketball are a great example even if both teams get back to their ways from the recent past.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Ouch...get a bandaid...I struck an artery on the Smack Board. :-X

The NCC is a mere dream of where it was with NDSU, UNC and SDSU involved. The schedule can pretty much be dominated by what you call a upper level team now. Before there were no expected wins on any givin Saturday. That is why the conference was considered one of the best in DIV II.

As far as you loosing players etc...no excuse...we as well as most other DIV IAA programs loose key players weekly and have to step up the next week with an athlete to take over. That is the difference, your depth must be able to fill-in at any moment.

You want respect? Who are the ones that screamed bloody murder all the way to Pierre when SDSU decided to make the leap?

The "U" will be a class institution when they start being a leader instead of a follower. That is your problem not ours, please take your whinning and excuse driven drivel over to the Yote board and keep it there.

If you want to post here, become an equal and earn your respect. Dont come on here and tell us how belittling we are on our web site.

That is another difference between the divisions...look back at other DIV IAA post on here and other websites and look at the respect even rivals give each other. There is a reason for that and it's called CLASS...pure and simple.

Get off the porch puppy...if you want to play with the big boys you have to get off of the porch and tangle awhile, that is the only way you earn respect. 8-)

Comment

If USD does move up and joins the Great West Conference which makes sence at this time they wouldn't have to call Brookings because by conference law they would be forced to play a home and home every other year.  
                        USD joining the Great West Conf would be great, but won't do much on getting that home and home when SDSU is in the Gateway.
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

No disrespect intended. I posted this in smack because I won't talk about another school somewhere else.

I just kept hearing about how USD's team was so great, and that they would handle SDSU.

That was proven wrong.

Ask Central Arkansas.

Comment

It is as simple as many here have tried to put it.  On one given day, a lower division school might defeat a team from a higher division.  However, that means NOTHING.  DII schools cannot compete against DI schools on a weekly basis.  No debate, no discussion, not an issue.

One other comment, I was listening to Augie, USF, USD on my way to the DI game when I heard a halftime interview with one of the starting LBs for USD.  He seemed like a nice kid from Nebraska.  

The interviewer (a student I assume) asked the kid about the Huskers and if they recruited him.  The kid kind of laughed and said no way.  He made is seem ridiculous to think that he would have ended up at USD if the Huskers or the like had recruited him.  He said he hadn't even heard of USD until he visited.  The only other schools to show interest were NAIA or lower.  

Now he is a major factor on a decent DII team.  I thought it a bit arrogant for the interviewer to even think that USD would land a kid who was being pursued by NU.  That my friends, may be just the problem at USD, blind arrogance.  I'm probably reading too much into this one interview.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

USD eventhough they have struggled for the past 3 weeks is in the upper echelon of D2 football.  They are in the classification of a program that if they move up is likely to have moderate success pretty much right away.  Our program is in as good or better shape as far as success as SDSU was at the time they moved up.

I kinda of have a question I would like many of you to answer.  Why do you think that so many of the teams that have recently moved up to D1AA have had moderate to very good success either in year 1, 2 or 3 after the transition?  Why is it that so many programs seem to be able to find their legs so quickly at the next level?  Look at NDSU.  By all rights they should probably be a top 5 team in D1AA with the way they have started the year.  At the time NDSU left, UND was the premier NCC program for the majority of the prior 5-10 years.  They weren't heads and shoulders better than anyone else but they would have to be considered the best NCC program over that span.  At least the most consistant.  Has UND suddenly fallen off the map for being an excellent football program since SDSU, NDSU and UNC left?  I don't think UND majically became a bad team.  Was the NCC weakened, of course it was.  That does not mean that the top 2 or 3 teams in the NCC became inferior to the rest of D2 football.  The top teams in the NCC are still very good football teams.  If I were a Jacks fan instead of bashing the NCC and belittling them it might be a better idea to appreciate where you came from because it was a darn good starting point that allowed the step up to D1AA be alot smaller than what it could have been had the NCC been at the NSIC level of play.  The NCC was good preperation for a step up not a conference that should be frowned upon.  That level of competition was top notch and the teams that have moved up are proving that.  That should be celebrated not diminished.   I think regardless of what happens with the NCC (and now it appears that it will be put to rest soon) what the teams had at a full 10 teams conference was something that can be looked upon very fondly.  That is the way I will look back upon it.  I think all Jacks fans should also have that way of thinking regardless of what your thinking is of USD or other teams.  

Do I think USD football is in a better position to move up than SDSU was? I assume you're talking about talent and record, maybe even fan support. Last year your team offense was unbelievable, and that was b/c of 3 people. Your OC, Wes B., and Logan. OC is gone, Wes is gone, and Logan is a senior. I fully expect USD's offense to return to it's old self next year (based on the last few weeks you may already be there).

A big reason why USD is having mucho success in the NCC IS because the top programs are gone. UND was a top program before, USD wasn't. However, both NDSU and UNC were. And we usually beat up USD and followed those programs. USD's success is directly related to the departure of those 3 schools and the individual talent of the 3 mentioned in the above paragraph.

Comment

Working...
                              X