Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well it's November, how are the Yotes doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's November, how are the Yotes doing?

Well it's November, how are the Yotes doing?

OOPS! SAME AS ALWAYS!

Re: Well it's November, how are the Yotes doing?

I understand USD was 0-2 against DII competition today. SDSU was 1-1 against DI teams.  Facts are facts.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Since I don't follow the "yotes closely I don't know the exact numbers, but have they beat a team on the road with a winning record since their so called resurgence? They don't deserve to play in the play-offs if they can't win on the road. SDSU has played 6 games on the road with a 4-2 record (2-2 against teams with winning records).
      Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

USD had a pretty good showing up in Grand Forks today so don't even talk. Your team is good but they consistantly have to come from behind to win. That isn't always going to happen so you will need to find a way to play better earlier in games or it will come back to bite you eventually.
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

No, we have had to come from behind against 3 of the upper tier teams in I-AA.

We handled the team you couldn't score on from the opening kickoff. The same thing was true today.

How can you honestly say you had a good showing today? You lost! I do believe the Yotes will make the playoffs but your team had better figure out how to play good teams on the road or it will come back to bite you eventually. Oh wait it did already last year and is about to again this year!

"The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Losing by one score to the Number 7 ranked team usually means you played pretty well.

I look at the UNI game as an example. SDSU lost by 10, yet I thought overall they played pretty well.

I do agree they need to play better on the road overall, but just because they lost to the Sioux today does not mean they did not play well today.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
              USD had a pretty good showing up in Grand Forks today so don't even talk.  Your team is good but they consistantly have to come from behind to win.  That isn't always going to happen so you will need to find a way to play better earlier in games or it will come back to bite you eventually.  
              Just how does a "Good Loss" feel. Might be the good loss that keeps you folks whining about not making the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                [quote author=Coyote_Fan link=1163283445/0#3 date=1163300671]USD had a pretty good showing up in Grand Forks today so don't even talk.  Your team is good but they consistantly have to come from behind to win.  That isn't always going to happen so you will need to find a way to play better earlier in games or it will come back to bite you eventually.  
                Just how does a "Good Loss" feel. Might be the good loss that keeps you folks whining about not making the playoffs.[/quote]

Uhhh, not quite 1bunny, Yotes made the playoffs today.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

[quote author=1bunnies link=1163283445/0#6 date=1163303793][quote author=Coyote_Fan link=1163283445/0#3 date=1163300671]USD had a pretty good showing up in Grand Forks today so don't even talk. Your team is good but they consistantly have to come from behind to win. That isn't always going to happen so you will need to find a way to play better earlier in games or it will come back to bite you eventually.
                  Just how does a "Good Loss" feel. Might be the good loss that keeps you folks whining about not making the playoffs.[/quote]

Uhhh, not quite 1bunny, Yotes made the playoffs today. [/quote] Barely

Have fun with that very long bus trip to Northwood........Northwood 24, USD(d-2) 0

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                    [quote author=Coyote_Fan link=1163283445/0#7 date=1163357403][quote author=1bunnies link=1163283445/0#6 date=1163303793][quote author=Coyote_Fan link=1163283445/0#3 date=1163300671]USD had a pretty good showing up in Grand Forks today so don't even talk.  Your team is good but they consistantly have to come from behind to win.  That isn't always going to happen so you will need to find a way to play better earlier in games or it will come back to bite you eventually.  

Uhhh, not quite 1bunny, Yotes made the playoffs today. [/quote] Barely

Have fun with that very long bus trip to Northwood........Northwood 24, USD(d-2) 0
                    [/quote]
                    A long bus trip. If they were D1, they could fly.

Comment

Northwood is farther away from USD than Central Arkansas..........maybe Brokaw is willing to fund a charter since it's the last playoff appearance that USD(D-2) may have for awhile...........

Comment

SDSU = Don't know what playoffs even means.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

SDSU = Don't know what playoffs even means.  
                          Funny you should say that since you're rubber stamp committee make the rec to move DI. You'll be in for a long run with no playoffs anywhere in sight. Enjoy your playoffs while you can. The funny thing is last years team was head and shoulders better than this years team, but this years is in....Good luck....

Btw, I noticed the rec of that committee was on page 30. Where can I find the rest of the report? And another question that has been asked by many Jacks fans but not USD fans is why didn't your consultant say where the money is coming from or what type of financial plan you'll need?

Comment

Oh no, bad news for USD a road game against a good team. Hey Coyote_Fan remind us when was the last time that USD beat a team with a winning record on the road? Should be a long trip and a short playoff stay. Sorry in advance if all the hoopla of NDSU hosting SDSU for the Dakota Marker and GWFC title overshadows your playoff appearance, but you gotta kind of expect it because we are talking about D-I football you know.

Best of luck to USD, but I can hear the cry of the Coyotes already . . . "we would have beaten then if we could have played them in the dome". ;D

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                              [quote author=Coyote_Fan link=1163283445/0#11 date=1163363874]SDSU = Don't know what playoffs even means.  
                              Enjoy your playoffs while you can.  The funny thing is last years team was head and shoulders better than this years team, but this years is in....Good luck....

[/quote]

You are right about this. If I could only choose one of the teams to make the playoffs it would have been last years team. They were much better. I think getting screwed last year helped us get in this year. Road wins are still tough to come by for this team. It would have been really nice to hold on to the #3 or #4 spot so we could host a game. I'm not saying we deserved it, I'm just saying it would have been nice. It's very exciting to be back in the playoffs again, hopefully it won't be one and done. It will be unless we figure out how to play better on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X