Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The leaves have all fallen off the trees...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The leaves have all fallen off the trees...

the daylight is becoming less and less, it is getting colder everyday and SDSU football goes another year without a conference championship. All sure signs that winter is just around the corner.

Re: The leaves have all fallen off the trees...

Yep no conference title... only one half away from one, though!

But since our dreadful 0-3 start, we...

went 7-1

knocked off several ranked teams including UC Davis and Cal Poly and McNeese

finished in the top-20 in 1-AA, ahead of at least one playoff qualifier

So, all in all, not a bad season playing DIVISION ONE football. And your smack, as usual, is weak, weak, weak.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

It must be fall your hockey team is off to a horrible start. No wonder there are no leaves on the trees, the team is ICE COLD. But no one really gives a crap ;D especially after a 7-3 loss to Miami of Ohio. By the way how many NAIA schools you guys got on your schedule? I heard at least 5 teams, someone deseperate for some W's this year?

Comment

Agreed, very, very weak smack. If all someone can smack with is "Your team finished second in your conference!", that's hard even to call that smack. Congratulations to the Jacks on a fine season.

Comment

While Coach Stig. has not lit the world on fire the guy does have a respectable record. The guy who is amazing is that former coach ralph ginn. That guy apparently could really coach. Don't know what happened after 63 but things seemed to fall apart quickly after 63. Maybe he was adversely impacted by JFK's death or something or maybe sdsu had budget cuts or maybe he just got old and burned out. Whatever the reason he lost his winning touch after 63.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
            While Coach Stig. has not lit the world on fire the guy does have a respectable record. The guy who is amazing is that former coach ralph ginn. That guy apparently could really coach. Don't know what happened after 63 but things seemed to fall apart quickly after 63. Maybe he was adversely impacted by JFK's death or something or maybe sdsu had budget cuts or maybe he just got old and burned out. Whatever the reason he lost his winning touch after 63.
            From what I've read, that was about the time when college football transitioned from an ironman game to a platoon system and Ginn had trouble making that transition.

Considering that SDSU has not reached 63 schollies yet (it will next year) and started the season 0-3, a 7-4 record and finishing the season in the top 25 is pretty impressive in my book. At least we didn't wheel and deal our way into a first-round bye.........

Have fun with the Fighting Ralphs on Saturday.......I'm guessing that they'll be a lot more UND fans there than UNO fans........

Comment

I'm surprised that any of you really pay any attention whatsoever to a Mav smacker. Remember that's the school from yesterday; no several years ago; no, wait a minute, from the last century! A school that can't even consider going Division I -- moving up to a bigger challenge -- because the folks in Lincoln have the huge upper hand and won't allow them to get any bigger, or any better...destined to dwell in Division II forever.

A school that isn't known anywhere...while a cross-town small private school in the state's largest city is known across the nation. Mention Creighton around the country and heads will nod. Mention UNO and heads will nod off.

Let the MAV smackers RIP...they are history...not the future. Let them find a smack board among their peers...the rest is just, well you know, p---s envy! ;D

Comment

A school that isn't known anywhere

Your trying to convince us that South Dakota State is known nation wide??? Gimme a break.
                That is a good one!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Helluva lot better known than UNO... for all people care about, UNO is a card game, not a school!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                    Helluva lot better known than UNO... for all people care about, UNO is a card game, not a school!
                    .....or a pizzeria........perhaps UNO should consider another name change so no one gets them confused with Nebraska-Lincoln...........

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
                      the daylight is becoming less and less,  it is getting colder everyday and SDSU football goes another year without a conference championship. All sure signs that winter is just around the corner.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
                      Laugh it up.  Wait a minute, I just heard that the und fighting whioux beat your sorry asses in the playoffs at your house.  Does that mean that uno has yet again failed to make it past the 2nd round of playoffs for the 107th yr in a row?  That's gotta be some kind of record. Especially since your head coach was fired from und.  Now that's funny! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Comment

Working...
                      X