Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are in the playoffs...are you??

Mavs Draw 1st Round Bye to Face Winona-UND Winner

UNO, seeded No. 2 in the Northwest Region, will receive a first-round bye in the 24-team NCAA II playoffs for a second straight year. The Mavericks, 8-2 and North Central Conference co-champions, will face the winner of the Winona State-North Dakota game on Nov. 25 at Caniglia Field.

Grand Valley State, 11-0 and defending national champion, is the No. 1 seed in the region. The Lakers will host the winner of the South Dakota-Northwood game on Nov. 25.

While UNO has never faced Winona State in football, the Mavericks are quite familiar with North Dakota. UNO edged North Dakota 21-20 in Omaha on Oct. 14. UND went on to win its final three games and tie for the NCC title and finish the regular season at 9-1.

UNO defeated Central Washington 48-14 Saturday to end the regular season

Re: We are in the playoffs...are you??

I see that Belck and Buck's wasteful spending has finally paid off as their money (somehow) influenced the selection committee to select a two-loss UNO team for a bye over a one-less UND team.

All smack aside, was this decision the NCAA's way to give UND a big "F$&% You" to the Fighting Ralphs after the judge stopped the NCAA from enforcing the ban of UND's mascot from the postseason?? I have a hunch that UND may be on the right side of the law here (especially since the NCAA seems to be using a double standard here) and that UND and the NCAA are going to be butting heads for quite some time......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Comment

Mavs Rule, wait a couple years......SDSU will be in the hunt for a playoff berth while UNO will be in a transition to D-1, stuck in D-2 independent purgatory, or stuck in an unfamilar conference and either a) reducing schollies or b) getting schooled by NW Missouri State and other MIAA teams on a regular basis....

Comment

Who honestly gives a flying F$ck about the D-2 playoffs. This is just another cry for us to notice you.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
          Who honestly gives a flying F$ck about the D-2 playoffs?
          Stu and Mick from the Argus. : : :

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
            Who honestly gives a flying F$ck about the D-2 playoffs.  This is just another cry for us to notice you.

Because most people on this board are true football fans.

And UNO is the most overrated team in the playoffs this year, but we can take that over the the USD board.

Comment

No, SDSU isn't in the D-II playoffs. Are you concerned out not being in the D-III playoffs? How about the NAIA playoffs. You see, SDSU plays at a higher level of competition than does UNO.

Comment

Um... Mavs Drool... we are in a transition period, which means that we are not eligible for the playoffs... yet.

But you can bet your sweet caboose we'll be ready our first year.
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                  Um... Mavs Drool... we are in a transition period, which means that we are not eligible for the playoffs... yet.

But you can bet your sweet caboose we'll be ready our first year.

Why the heck is a UNO fan here? I can understand why some of us USD fans come up since we were rivals and now a state team we follow, but UNO? You silly people from Nebraksa.

BTW, I don't know much about the D1-AA playoffs. How many make it and do they split it up at all? Also, when are you guys eligible for the playoffs?

Comment

16 make it right now - 8 auto bids, and 8 at-large.

Comment

UNO getting a number 2 seed is a travesty. What a joke. As I said in another thread, I have no rooting interest whatsoever as I have more dislike for any of the three schools (USD, UNO, UND) than like, but the ranking for the playoffs is devoid of any common sense at all. Just plain dumb. UNO a 2 seed?!? Might as well give St. Cloud a 2 seed. Why not let San Diego in? They've gone undefeated in non-scholly 1AA? Makes as much sense as UNO getting a 2 seed.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                        UNO getting a number 2 seed is a travesty.  What a joke.  As I said in another thread, I have no rooting interest whatsoever as I have more dislike for any of the three schools (USD, UNO, UND) than like, but the ranking for the playoffs is devoid of any common sense at all.  Just plain dumb.  UNO a 2 seed?!?  Might as well give St. Cloud a 2 seed.  Why not let San Diego in?  They've gone undefeated in non-scholly 1AA?  Makes as much sense as UNO getting a 2 seed.
                        That is surprising that UNO would have jumped UND on the last week, when UND beat a playoff team in USD.  I understand that UNO beat UND (by I think 1 point at UNO) but that should only be used as a tiebreaker.  It shouldn't have come down to a tiebreaker, UND had a better record and won at UNI.  If UNO was going to get the #2 seed then they should have been ranked higher than UND going into the last weekend, because there was nothing that happened the last weekend that would have given reason for UNO jumping UND.

Comment

We had the same thing last year, people scatching their heads as too why UNO was seeded so high. Like most things in life, it's all about who you know, so their must be someone on the selection committee that has strong ties to UNO.

Comment

Originally posted by StormnNorman
                            We had the same thing last year, people scatching their heads as too why UNO was seeded so high. Like most things in life, it's all about who you know, so their must be someone on the selection committee that has strong ties to UNO.
                            I'm almost convinced that some of Belck and Buck's extravagant spending had something to do with it. : : : I don't want to accuse the NCAA of corruption, but their playoff seeding doesn't make much sense......might as well have given the #2 seed to Northwood.......

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../61112002/1002

USF to host Jamestown in NAIA playoff opener

PUBLISHED: November 12, 2006

The 2nd ranked University of Sioux Falls football team will host Jamestown (ND) in the first round of the NAIA playoffs Saturday at Howard Wood Field.

Kick-off is set for 1 p.m.  .  .  .  (read more)

Is this the place where we post playoff information about lower level schools that most poster on this board don't care about?    ;D

Go State! South Dakota's only D-I University!

Comment

Working...
                              X