Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mav and I apparently aren't alone in our opinion

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...y/16278270.htm

Apparently this writer for the KC Star doesn't have a lot of respect for your struggling D1 men's basketball team.   ;D

I do think he is over the top comparing this loss to the  Park "University" loss.  This does rank up there with one of the worst losses ever for the ROOS.  Just not as bad as Park.

Re: Mav and I apparently aren't alone in our opini

I've got a question for the mav twins. I was just wondering how you guys got started with the board. I believe you've both been around longer than I have and probably longer than 90% of the board. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you out or anything like that. I actually find it quite humorous how fast you two can get people riled up around here (including me every so often).

Comment

We have played UMKC three times since our move to D1, we have won two.  I wouldn't necessarily label last nights game as an upset or an embarrasing loss...
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
        I've got a question for the mav twins.  I was just wondering how you guys got started with the board.  I believe you've both been around longer than I have and probably longer than 90% of the board.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you out or anything like that.  I actually find it quite humorous how fast you two can get people riled up around here (including me every so often).

We should give UNOdiots credit for a little something! They know a good thing when they see it and want to be a part of something good since it isn't available at UNO!

They just might be smarter than they smack!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
          I've got a question for the mav twins.  I was just wondering how you guys got started with the board.  I believe you've both been around longer than I have and probably longer than 90% of the board.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you out or anything like that.  I actually find it quite humorous how fast you two can get people riled up around here (including me every so often).

Verm,

Started out on the Bison Board and ran it at them pretty good. Then got linked over here and your smack was better. Hated (but respected) you in the old NCC days. I loved the old NCC and miss it dearly. Your arrogance about moving to D1 motivated me to run smack at you and remind you that your shirt does stink just like everyone else's.
          I love the fact the you are passionate about your teams and will defend them to the end which is why you are fun to smack with. UNO will be back and things will get better. What is fun is our teams are still winning in the meantime.

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
            What is fun is our teams are still winning in the meantime.

Mavs#1

And yet no one cares, as proven by your Avg. home attendance.  ;D

Go State!  

P.S.  I know you are a big Kent State fan now and all, so how about those Golden Flashes . . . they gave Duke everything they wanted and then some last night.  I watched part of the game at the Drum Room at the Hilton President Hotel (where the SDSU faitful gathered before the UMKC game) and saw the final after our game that Duke won 79-72 at Cameron Indoor Stadium.  

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
              [quote author=Mavs Rule link=1166629897/0#4 date=1166640299] What is fun is our teams are still winning in the meantime.

Mavs#1

And yet no one cares, as proven by your Avg. home attendance.  ;D

Go State!  

P.S.  I know you are a big Kent State fan now and all, so how about those Golden Flashes  .  .  .   they gave Duke everything they wanted and then some last night.  I watched part of the game at the Drum Room at the Hilton President Hotel (where the SDSU faitful gathered before the UMKC game) and saw the final after our game that Duke won 79-72 at Cameron Indoor Stadium.  [/quote]

Are you trying to convince us that you could play with Duke?? I know you won last night, but you still have a long ways to go.

Comment

Not at all, I certainly would not want to face Duke with a team made up of  7 freshmen, 1 soph. and a handful of upperclassmen. This team is currently starting 3 frosh, 1 soph., and 1 Sr. so I will pass on a Duke game right now. Maybe in '08-'09, but today I think it might look like the UNC vs. Florida Atlantic game from last night (by the way Florida Atlantic lost to UMKC already this season).

I was just trying to keep you updated on one of your new favorite D-I teams, that is all.  After all their logo is your avatar.   ;D

Go State!  

Comment

As soon as we get back on track others say they will step up and donate. As stated in the last paragraph...conditions are right to make this program a great one.

<filbert writes: full text of article deleted>

Copyright ©2006 Omaha World-Herald®. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, displayed or distributed for any purpose without permission from the Omaha World-Herald.

<filbert writes: Did you actually read the above copyright notice you cut-and-pasted along with the entire text of the article?

Quote and excerpt around here, please. Do not post entire contents of articles. Thanks.
                  >

Comment

I have not seen this arrogance from SDSU fans. Seen a lot of arrogance from the Mavbots though.

Comment

It would be fun to play an exhibition basketball game with the Mavericks one of these years. The folks at Frost Arena might be willing to save 335 seats in the visitors section, just in case UNO's full fan base decided to make the trip to watch their team play at a D-I venue.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Jacked Up, You are closer than you realize with that 335 number of UNO fans. That is about right - unfortunately. The good news though is that I can arrive to the games right at tipoff and sit at midcourt!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                          Jacked Up, You are closer than you realize with that 335 number of UNO fans. That is about right - unfortunately. The good news though is that I can arrive to the games right at tipoff and sit at midcourt!!
                          Does that mean that the Mav basketball boosters are able to meet in the janitor's closet before the game and have plenty of room to spare?

Comment

Working...
                          X