Big Sky & Nor. Colorado Humor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Sky & Nor. Colorado Humor

Here is a humorous take on the Big Sky's decision to take Northern Colorado. I'm really glad that SDSU and NDSU did not get an invite to that conference. Here is McFeely's take on it.

Nice choice, Big Sky

After a 23-car pileup of a football season, Northern Colorado's men's basketball team is living down to the school's athletic standard.

The Bears are 2-13 overall, 0-3 in the Big Sky Conference and are averaging 695 fans per home game.

Nice.

At the risk of sounding like a provincial putz, would you say the presidents in the Big Sky are a) clueless, b) arrogant or c) sly for taking Northern Colorado and turning their noses up at NDSU and SDSU?

My vote is b), because I refuse to believe fellows making $250,000 a year are too dumb or lazy too look at Northern Colorado and say, "Wow, these guys are trying to be a Division I program by scrapping for change between couch cushions in the student union."

(Read more)...

No, I firmly believe the Big Sky presidents are so geographically arrogant that they would rather take a piece of crap, on-the-cheap athletic program simply because it is located in a Rocky Mountain state. Then again, what else would you expect from a conference that added two piece of crap, on-the-cheap athletic programs (Sacramento State, Portland State) because they are located in major West Coast markets?

One positive for Northern Colorado, though: At least the basketball team's backup point guard has not stabbed the starter in the leg yet.
    Here is the link to McFeely's Blog

http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: Big Sky & Nor. Colorado Humor

You just have to love the BS Conference. :P

It sounds like that Southern Utah would have been a much more positive addition than UNC......except that the BS bigwigs only saw Denver media and money when they reviewed UNC's conference application.

Montana ought to go to the WAC and try to save itself from the glacier of mediocrity that is taking over the Big Sky. The powers that be at Suc State and Puking State (Sacramento and Portland for those of you in Jerauld County) knew that they could never stand a chance if they had to play two good Montana teams AND two good Dakota teams every year.

That said, I am endorsing the pending applications from USD(d-I?) and the Fighting Ralphs of ND to immediately join the BS Conference.

Comment

Re: Big Sky & Nor. Colorado Humor

Originally posted by NightHawk78
      That said, I am endorsing the pending applications from USD(d-I?) and the Fighting Ralphs of ND to immediately join the BS Conference.
      I second that endorsement and will actually give money to USD athletics to support that application ($25).
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
      X