Candace Parker dunks (again...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candace Parker dunks (again...)

Just for the record, Candace Parker, UT LadyVol, is 3 for 3 this season in dunks (Nov. 12, Nov. 24, Dec. 20).  The Jacks were 1 for 3 against UMKC.  Maybe Candace would be willing to tutor the Jacks on dunks???!!!  ;D

http://utladyvols.cstv.com/sports/w-...122006aaa.html
    http://utladyvols.cstv.com/view.gal?...player_gallery
    http://utladyvols.cstv.com/sports/w-...112406aaa.html

Re: Candace Parker dunks

Is this Filbert's "Snookums?"

Welcome to the board! Starting to wonder when you were coming aboard!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Yep, this is Filbert's Snookums. I asked Filbert to post this, but he said "No way". He is steering clear of this talk about Candace Parker being a better dunker than the Jacks!!!

Comment

Phil finally got her to convert, Welcome aboard Snookums.

Comment

Originally posted by Snookums
          Yep, this is Filbert's Snookums. I asked Filbert to post this, but he said "No way". He is steering clear of this talk about Candace Parker being a better dunker than the Jacks!!!
          Parker is way cuter than most of the Jacks guys, too . . . ;D
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Candace Parker dunks (again...)

In the true sense of smack, I'll say that if you count Ms. Parker's "dunks" as dunks, then I guess she's 3 for 3. I will agree that those are dunks only if you count my "dunks" when I was a 7th grader and did the same thing. So, I guess what I'm saying is, if those are dunks, then I've been able to dunk since the 7th grade. Are we cool with that?

Also, welcome aboard Snookums. Your love of the Vols has been expressed on numerous occasions on this board.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Since Snookums is too much of a coward to actually come back on the board and defend herself . . . she's just miffed that more people didn't come back at her.

In other words, it appears that I'm married to a troll.

(I had to explain to her what a "troll" is . . . poor woman . . . )
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

So Filbert tell us... how was it sleeping on the couch last night? ;D
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                  So Filbert tell us... how was it sleeping on the couch last night? ;D
                  Nah, I just wait for her to fall asleep then I crawl into bed as usual . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                    In the true sense of smack, I'll say that if you count Ms. Parker's "dunks" as dunks, then I guess she's 3 for 3.  I will agree that those are dunks only if you count my "dunks" when I was a 7th grader and did the same thing.  So, I guess what I'm saying is, if those are dunks, then I've been able to dunk since the 7th grade.   Are we cool with that?  

Also, welcome aboard Snookums.  Your love of the Vols has been expressed on numerous occasions on this board.
                    And, we all know that 7th grade basketball uses 7 foot goals...

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                      [quote author=jackrabit1 link=1166724152/0#7 date=1166953132]So Filbert tell us... how was it sleeping on the couch last night?  ;D
                      Nah, I just wait for her to fall asleep then I crawl into bed as usual . . . [/quote]

Filbert just might find the bedroom door locked tonight!

Comment

[quote author=filbert link=1166724152/0#8 date=1166975395][quote author=jackrabit1 link=1166724152/0#7 date=1166953132]So Filbert tell us... how was it sleeping on the couch last night? ;D
                        Nah, I just wait for her to fall asleep then I crawl into bed as usual . . . [/quote]

Filbert just might find the bedroom door locked tonight![/quote]

Cool! All-nighter downstairs in front of the big screen!
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

[quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1166724152/0#5 date=1166730857]In the true sense of smack, I'll say that if you count Ms. Parker's "dunks" as dunks, then I guess she's 3 for 3.  I will agree that those are dunks only if you count my "dunks" when I was a 7th grader and did the same thing.  So, I guess what I'm saying is, if those are dunks, then I've been able to dunk since the 7th grade.   Are we cool with that?  

Also, welcome aboard Snookums.  Your love of the Vols has been expressed on numerous occasions on this board.
                          And, we all know that 7th grade basketball uses 7 foot goals...[/quote]

True, but I had to walk uphill both ways through 10 feet of snow to get to those goals and we played all of our games outside with only a pile of candles as a heater that we borrowed from the 3rd grade arts and crafts department. So, really dunking on a 7 foot goal was pretty remarkable. Alas, I have only a vague memory of the event because hypothermia had set in and I had no feeling in my fingers. I played most of the second half in a semi-catatonic state (but also a semi-euphoric state so it evened out). Makes that 31 point game I had all that more impressive, I guess. I'm really not one to complain or brag, though. But, congratulations to Ms. Parker. I've heard playing indoors is really something.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Just for the record, Candace Parker, UT LadyVol, is 3 for 3 this season in dunks (Nov. 12, Nov. 24, Dec. 20).  The Jacks were 1 for 3 against UMKC.  Maybe Candace would be willing to tutor the Jacks on dunks???!!!  ;D

http://utladyvols.cstv.com/sports/w-...122006aaa.html
                            http://utladyvols.cstv.com/view.gal?...player_gallery
                            http://utladyvols.cstv.com/sports/w-...112406aaa.html
                            Go Gators!!!

Comment

Hey snookums, How about Kai Williams! When Candace can put em down like that she'll get some serious love.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X