SD vs. ND high school recuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD vs. ND high school recuits

Well of course the Bison come sniffing around our neck of the woods, and pouch a few of our HS players every year.  They have to, they don't have much to choose from up there in ND.   ;D

Last year the Bison had only 17 kids from ND on their roster (out of 88 total).  

Go State!  

Re: 2007 Recruits

Originally posted by 89rabbit
    NDSU also had 5 SD players.

SDSU has 28 SD players on the roster this year and 0 ND players.

That makes 33 SD players on either NDSU or SDSU's roster, compared to 17 ND players on either roster. That is a 2:1 ratio. I know SD does not have twice the population, so why are there so many more SD kids playing D-1AA than ND kids?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Now while I have no knowledge on if this is valid or not, I would suspect the state of HS football in SD surpasses that of ND. It could be the state of all high school athletics in SD is better than that of ND. Maybe some NDSU posters can give us their take on the HS sports scene in ND...particularly in football.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
        [quote author=89rabbit link=1126384259/90#99 date=1168988092]
        NDSU also had 5 SD players.

SDSU has 28 SD players on the roster this year and 0 ND players.

That makes 33 SD players on either NDSU or SDSU's roster, compared to 17 ND players on either roster.  That is a 2:1 ratio.  I know SD does not have twice the population, so why are there so many more SD kids playing D-1AA than ND kids?  
        [/quote]

Because South Dakota is better, of course!    [smiley=cheesy.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Go State!  

Comment

The simple answer is that SDSU is giving 28 SD players a spot on the team.

IE, if NDSU have 50 ND kids spot on our team, that would change the ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by 2006gwfcchamps
            The simple answer is that SDSU is giving 28 SD players a spot on the team.

IE, if NDSU have 50 ND kids spot on our team, that would change the ratio.
            HUH???? Is this a serious post? I don't even know how to respond.

Comment

What makes a kid DI?

Is there some sort of DNA market you can apply that would show up on the computer screen? "Ah yes...your son is, in fact, a DI player".

The only reason any kid is a DI players is because a DI school has given him a spot on the team.

SDSU gives many SD kids spots on their team. NDSU doesn't give as many ND kids sports on their team.

You can't conclude anything about the level of high school athletics in either state from those numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by 2006gwfcchamps
                What makes a kid DI?

Is there some sort of DNA market you can apply that would show up on the computer screen? "Ah yes...your son is, in fact, a DI player".

The only reason any kid is a DI players is because a DI school has given him a spot on the team.

SDSU gives many SD kids spots on their team. NDSU doesn't give as many ND kids sports on their team.

You can't conclude anything about the level of high school athletics in either state from those numbers.
                I hope you're joking about this....

If you're not, here's a hint. Follow the logical progression of what you started above (ie. WHY DOES NDSU NOT GIVE AS MANY ND KIDS SPOTS ON THEIR TEAM?)

Comment

Because they go after better kids in MN and WI.

That still says nothing about ND and SD kids.

Comment

I hope this doesn't end up turning into another lame Target Recruiting Market discussion :

Comment

Wow...you must be half baked while posting. This isn't even worth my response. Learn how to put a coherant argument together before you post again.

Comment

SD vs. ND high school recuits

In an effort to be funny I launched some major thread drift, sorry. So here is a new theread, although I think it will eventually end up in smack. ;D

Go State!

Comment

Re: SD vs. ND high school recuits

Really the difference between ND and SD high school football is small, it is so small it is really pointless to even argue over which one is better. For example ESPN ranked ND 40th and SD 41st in their high school football rankings.

Comment

Yes, but we all know ESPN does not really have a clue when it comes to sports in these two states.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison
                              Really the difference between ND and SD high school football is small, it is so small it is really pointless to even argue over which one is better. For example ESPN ranked ND 40th and SD 41st in their high school football rankings.
                              Yeah but SDSU has 28 SD kids while NDSU only has 17 ND kids.

So obviously SD high school football is better than ND high school football.

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Comment

Working...
                              X