Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name the USD/UND fb rivalry trophy!

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...08/1002/SPORTS

Good article by Mick Garry here, but I thought we could help him and the UND/USD rivalry by coming up with some "creative" names for their future rivalry trophy.

By the way to all the Yotes fan's checking this out.  This is all the help your athletic dept. is going to get from SDSU. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I suppose I'll start:
    The "why didn't our dept. make this move 4 years ago" trophy.
    The trophy would have a base with this  :-[ on the top of it.

I know mine's a little weak, but I'm relying on the board to really help'em out.  God knows their going to need it.  
    P.S.  NDSU folks are more than welcome to join in the fun.  I know you've all been looking for a way to help UND out in this move.  Here is your chance!

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: Name the USD/UND fb rivalry trophy!

How about the, "Who Gives a Crap" trophy. Cowpies to the the winner.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty lame article all in all.  He ought to focus on the rivalry between Doane and Morningside or Sioux Falls College and Dordt.  The Argus should get behind the DI programs and leave the NAIA stuff on the 4th page after high schools sports and before the boring and irrelevant teams they call "pro" in Sioux Falls.  

After not getting my paper for 3 days and then the crap that is in the worthless thing, I'm cancelling my subscription again.  I'll rely on you guys for the important Argus info.  I plan on trying the Omaha World Herald for a while.  I've heard its a much better paper.  Doesn't take much to be better the the trailer.

I miss the Star Tibune and the Pioneer Press.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The "Toilet Bowl" is the obvious choice for the name of the game.

Naturally, they would play for the "Old Oaken Plunger".

I can't imagine how this will be spun since they like to poke fun at our new rivalry with NDSU. They all like to say that new rivalry doesn't compare to the USD games, and they are right and it's a GOOD THING!

A contrived USD/UND rivalry will be even harder for them to embrace but as they will soon find out, it's probably as exciting as it will get in the transition process!

By the way, the Dakota Dump would have to be the permanent home for the game and it would be fitting!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

For years, they played for the now Politically Incorrect "Sitting Bull" trophy :-/

Following the choices above the new term for the hard of hearing could be :P :P :P

Sh*tting Bowl

;D ;D Sorry guys!, Good thing this is already in Smack!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
            I thought it was a pretty lame article all in all.
            Agree 100%. I can't believe that this was actually a story that was printed in the Argus Leader. So glad that we have Terry V. reporting on all the great things here at SDSU.

Comment

The battle of the easily led.....

U of Dakotas Sheep Bowl

USD vs UND

Comment

I would hate for either team to feel insignificant or undermanned. Both schools have very fragile egos right now. Instead of trying to make this a competitive affair for a trophy, where there is a winner and a loser, they should just give all the players on both sides participation ribbons. Everybody goes home happy. We don't even need to keep score, because it won't matter who wins or loses.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Instead of a lame ribbon, they could give each player commerative coins that feature a prominent alum on each side.....Phil Jackson to represent the Fighting Ralphs and Tom Brokaw to represent the 'Yotes?...........of course, the USD(d-1?) players would probably try to redeem their coins for drinks at the nearest Verminville watering hole........ : : : : :

Comment

Working...
                  X