Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That coach was going to get his team to town....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That coach was going to get his team to town....

Indiana-Purdue or whatever their name is was going to get to town come "hell or high water" to get an easy
    win in a season not filled with many of them. They did make it to Brookings under horrible conditions and "spanked"
    a demoralized jackrabbit team in front of dozens of disappointed fans. ;D ;D The bad news is that you lost to another not very good team but the good news is that you did a lot better than Marygrove did against them earlier in the year.
    Good luck in your last game against the NJ Institute of Plumbing or whatever they are called.

**** Actually 1000 people is a pretty good number of people that attended that game. Probably 800 of them were students with free tix, another 100 were relatives with free tix. So you had a paid gate of 100 people which is about 1000 dollars net before expenses. That isn't going to go far in paying expenses. :-[

Re: That coach was going to get his team to town..

YAWN... :

Comment

The 1010 fans that braved a blizzard to watch the Jacks is far better then UNO Avg. attendance of 743. 

No one really cares about UNO do they?  :'(

Go State!  

Comment

I find it hilarious that MAVPOWER is crying about the lack of our attendance last night. We get hit with the worst storm in 10 years and SDSU still manages to draw over 1000 to a game.

If UNO had been playing, they would have been lucky to get 100 people in the stands with none of those fans actually paying to get in. After all, only an idiot would pay to go to a UNO game, even if the weather was favorable.

Comment

That and the students do pay to get in the games its just in their bill at the beginning of each semester. I would have to say taht it was excellent turnout for the conditions.

Comment

Bring the smack as best as you can. We deserve some of it. Fact is, 1000 plus fans that game given all of the circumstances is not smackable. The loss along with many of the others this year and the current accomplishments (or lack thereof) are smackable by some. UNO fans are not part of that some but we have to tolerate the piddly smack from UNO.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
              After all, only an idiot would pay to go to a UNO game, even if the weather was favorable.
              This summer, a local Omaha radio station was giving callers the option of movie tickets or UNO football tickets. They never did give away any UNO tickets. ;D ;D ;D

You have to love the community support UNO gets from Omaha.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
                [quote author=NightHawk78 link=1172875440/0#3 date=1172877857]After all, only an idiot would pay to go to a UNO game, even if the weather was favorable.
                This summer, a local Omaha radio station was giving callers the option of movie tickets or UNO football tickets.  They never did give away any UNO tickets.  ;D ;D ;D

You have to love the community support UNO gets from Omaha.[/quote]

I think i'd rather attend an SDSU game

Comment

These UNO clowns are ridiculous. Sure things look a little bleak right now on the men's bb front but I truly believe that once we get into the MId Cont we will stabilize our situation a lot and by 2020 we will be participating in the Big Dance occasionally and competing for the Mid Cont bb title every year. Actually we will be competitive in the Mid Cont within 3 years. At the same time UNO will be battling some of those no name Mo. schools for those insignificant MIAA titles. 2020 we could be playing Duke,Ucla or some other big name in the first round of the NCAA's while UNO will be in the MIAA battling SW Baptist and Truman State. Go State!!!

Comment

UNO will be fortunate if they are still fielding a team in 3 years.

Comment

SD Man, That may have been the most ridiculous post I have ever read on this site. The day I see SDSU competing in the NCAA tourney I will know I have died and gone onto my next life. Clearly that kind of thing can NEVER happen in this world. I will grant you that sdsu will probably compete reasonably well in that sorry mid cont conference but to think that sdsu will be doing as well as you seem to think strikes me as some quite fanciful dreaming!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                        SD Man, That may have been the most ridiculous post I have ever read on this site. The day I see SDSU competing in the NCAA tourney I will know I have died and gone onto my next life. Clearly that kind of thing can NEVER happen in this world. I will grant you that sdsu will probably compete reasonably well in that sorry mid cont conference but to think that sdsu will be doing as well as you seem to think strikes me as some quite fanciful dreaming!!
                        You say we can compete in the Mid-Con. That means winning it once in awhile. That means we're in the Big Dance. Guess who else will likely be in? Duke or UCLA seem reasonable. Hope you've got your burial plot picked out.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

SD Man, That may have been the most ridiculous post I have ever read on this site. The day I see SDSU competing in the NCAA tourney I will know I have died and gone onto my next life.

Just tell me where to send the Flowers!

At least we'll know how MAVPOWERLESS goes... choking on the foot he stuck in his mouth!
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

The day I see SDSU competing in the NCAA tourney I will know I have died and gone onto my next life.
                            MAVPOWER, you're probably going to start your next life as the child of two die-hard SDSU alums.

Comment

I went to the game here in vermintown when uno got whooped by the Coyotes and there might have been 10 people from uno that made it. There weren't many that stuck around after the mens game to watch the women play but I didn't hear any yelling from the uno section cause there weren't any people there.

Comment

Working...
                              X