Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingsbury County towns

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...38/1002/SPORTS

Our ol' friend Stu Whitney truely deserves his own smack thread. So, I'm starting this thread so we can post any future (or classic) Stu moments here. Today, Stu is in love with the impending showdown between Augie and USD this Saturday at the DakotaDumpTM. He, however, neglects to mention that this potential "classic" may be the one of the last meaningful games that will ever be played between the schools as the NCC's future is shaky at best. Stu, also refused to refute Coach Salem's claim that Augie-USD is the "biggest rivalry in the state right now."

It seems that Stu should be on top of the impending D-1 decisions by Augie and USD, but those stories seem to have faded from the Argus Leader's radar since Solari left town.......

Stu does get kudos from me from mentioning the joint fundraiser for USD asst. Mike Freidel. I hope that he continues his recovery and that the fundraiser goes well......

EDIT: Overall toning down of the post and thread title

Re: Stu-pid Strikes Again!

Originally posted by NightHawk78
    http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...38/1002/SPORTS

Our ol' friend Stu "Witless" Whitney truely deserves his own smack thread. So, I'm starting this thread so we can post any future (or classic) Stu-pid moments here. Today, Stu is in love with the impending showdown between Augie and USD this Saturday at the DakotaDumpTM. He, however, neglects to mention that this potential "classic" may be the one of the last meaningful games that will ever be played between the schools as the NCC's future is shaky at best. Stu-pid, also refused to refute Coach Salem's claim that Augie-USD is the "biggest rivalry in the state right now."

It seems that Stu should be on top of the impending D-1 decisions by Augie and USD, but those stories seem to have faded from the Argus Leader's radar since Solari left town.......

Stu does get kudos from me from mentioning the joint fundraiser for USD asst. Mike Freidel. I hope that he continues his recovery and that the fundraiser goes well......
    Its called pandering to the perceived masses. Stu, Mick, Mike_H want to believe that everyone in the state is most interested in Sioux Falls teams or SE South Dakota. They prefer to ignore the fact that there are more SDSU grads in Sioux Falls than any other university.

Why recognize the fact that the states largest and only DI university is about to travel to California to represent South Dakota against a top-5 team in the nation? That makes way too much sense.

As for Coach Freidel, I concur and if a fundraiser directed by either of those schools ever saw money from me it would be for a cause like this.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I too wish that stu would give us some publicity but maybe that will come when the mid cont. comes to town and we establish some new rivalries.
      I really don't mind him covering d2 schools but am amazed he isn't giving more coverage to the impending doom of the NCC. I hope the NCC survives but I doubt it will. To me it is a huge story when an 80 year premiere d2 league is probably going to fold in 2 years. I would give that story much more attention than he seems to give.

Comment

I have never been a fan of Stu Whitney. That said, I do wonder if all this name calling is helpful? I think we need to stop and think about this.

Comment

I agree with the suggestion that it's time to cool it with the "stu-pid" stuff. There's plenty to criticize in Mr. Whitney's writings without needing to resort to rather adolescent name-calling.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Stu Strikes Again!

I apologize for the "stu-pid" remarks. I started the thread so we didn't need to start a new thread everytime Stu wrote something that resembled a rejected Collegian article. I placed this thread in the Smack section because I felt that regardless of what was posted, Stu-Smack would likely occur. Filbert, if you want to move this thread to the "Around South Dakota" section, that would be all right.

Regardless, I still would like to hear about some classic Stu-moments......

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
              I agree with the suggestion that it's time to cool it with the "stu-pid" stuff.  There's plenty to criticize in Mr. Whitney's writings without needing to resort to rather adolescent name-calling.

I make a motion that our global moderator changes the heading of this thread to something more palatable for our "friend" from the Argus!

Do I hear a second?

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                [quote author=filbert link=1161110637/0#4 date=1161191713]I agree with the suggestion that it's time to cool it with the "stu-pid" stuff.  There's plenty to criticize in Mr. Whitney's writings without needing to resort to rather adolescent name-calling.

I make a motion that our global moderator changes the heading of this thread to something more palatable for our "friend" from the Argus!

Do I hear a second?

SUPERBUNNY[/quote]

I second that motion, I say Stu-smack as nighthawk mentioned in his post. Stu isn't necessarily stupid, just some of the stuff he writes seems that way.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I don't think we need to worry. I would imagine that stu doesn't spend much or any time in the smack section of this board.

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
                    I don't think we need to worry.  I would imagine that stu doesn't spend much or any time in the smack section of this board.
                    Are you suggesting he lurks elsewhere? If so, I think I feel the same way.

Comment

I did notice that the Argus is finally acknowleging the fact that the football team has been playing top 25 opponents. In this weeks briefs they refer to Poly as the 5 ranked road game for the Jacks. For what it's worth...

Comment

Main Entry: 1stu·pid
                        Function: adjective
                        Etymology: Middle French stupide, from Latin stupidus, from stupEre to be numb, be astonished -- more at TYPE
                        1 a : slow of mind : OBTUSE b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner c : lacking intelligence or reason : BRUTISH
                        2 : dulled in feeling or sensation : TORPID <still stupid from the sedative>
                        3 : marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : SENSELESS <a stupid decision>
                        4 a : lacking interest or point <a stupid event> b : VEXATIOUS, EXASPERATING <the stupid car won't start>
                        - stu·pid·ly adverb
                        - stu·pid·ness noun
                        synonyms STUPID, DULL, DENSE, CRASS, DUMB mean lacking in power to absorb ideas or impressions. STUPID implies a slow-witted or dazed state of mind that may be either congenital or temporary <stupid students just keeping the seats warm> <stupid with drink>. DULL suggests a slow or sluggish mind such as results from disease, depression, or shock <monotonous work that leaves the mind dull>. DENSE implies a thickheaded imperviousness to ideas <too dense to take a hint>. CRASS suggests a grossness of mind precluding discrimination or delicacy <a crass, materialistic people>. DUMB applies to an exasperating obtuseness or lack of comprehension <too dumb to figure out what's going on>.

IF THE "STU" FITS, WEAR IT!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1161291547

Stu calling us idiots definitely on the Argus would qualify as an "unintelligent decision or act." Stu may not be a stupid man, but his actions today would qualify as being stupid.

I was told that the football players were making fun of Stu's "Super Bowl" comments during their trip to McNesse. If we were to beat Cal Poly or NDSU, what would Stu use this time?

Comment

This recent event would make Stu's Top(Bottom) 10 List.

Comment

What a joke, they actually made a point to bring up the message board so he could get his "shot in" about the idiots with 3 fingers who post here. Good one! You sure showed us Stu!

Thank you for validating the whole point of this thread.

While you're at it, since you're obviously reading this. Please talk to whoever is responsible for ruining the Argus Leader web-site by making it completely unuseable. While it was once an enjoyable experience of keeping up with some local news, I have now completely given up and don't even bother anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X