PDA

View Full Version : USD is in your head

SDSUcks
03-30-2007, 02:55 AM
Every step they take, every more they make will be watched by the paranoid fans of the Jacks. If USD was such an irrelevant college then why do USD topics dominate this board. It's an addiction and the Jacks fans have the fever. It has already been proven and will continue to be proven. SDSU's real biggest rival is USD. USD's real biggest rival is UND. ;D

1bunnies
03-30-2007, 06:03 AM
Every step they take, every more they make will be watched by the paranoid fans of the Jacks. If USD was such an irrelevant college then why do USD topics dominate this board. It's an addiction and the Jacks fans have the fever. It has already been proven and will continue to be proven. SDSU's real biggest rival is USD. USD's real biggest rival is UND. ;D

1. USD2 topics do not dominate this board. Fact is, usd2 dominates nothing.

2. usd2 should watch their step, because they will step in Rabbit s#% as they follow SDSU. They will always follow, they will never be leaders.

3. Go back to the usd2 board. Oops, I forget, no one is ever on that board.

JimmyJack
03-30-2007, 07:11 AM

Nice way to join the board. There are more than 800 members here and literally thousands of threads. There are three or four threads about USD. How on earth would you make the argument that USD topics dominate the board?

Sure, there are rabid partisans here who seem to need to bash USD as a reflex. There are also a lot of us who are heeding President Chicoine's advice to turn down the rhetoric and see how the universities can cooperate to the benefit of both (after all, we're both small potatoes in the larger scheme of things... President Chicoine was most recently a top administrator at a university that is larger than all of South Dakota's universities combined.) We don't have the resources in this state to continue battling each other over every little dumb thing.

I guess I see all the silly "SDSucks" type bashing (from both sides) as childish and unproductive at this point. Nobody knows how either team would do against the other. And if the rivalry is going to default back to the stupidness of the past, I really don't want any part of it.

West_River_Jack
03-30-2007, 10:37 AM
My compliments to JimmyJack for eloquently explaining the importance of cooperation between the universities of this state. I am one of the posters on this board who does think that the SDSU/USD rivalry will be revived. But I am also one of the posters who does not want to see the stupidity of the past, and I don't want to see it from either side.

I wasn't in Brookings for the SDSU-Indiana game but from what I read it is a perfect example of the type of respect that DI opponents should have for one another. I understand that the Indiana coach went out of her way to acknowledge the SDSU students/fans that gave such tremendous support for their team. I read about the SDSU fans responding to her with the tremendous respect that she deserves. If the SDSU/USD rivalry is to be revived we have to learn that type of respect, at least to the degree that it is possible for an intrastate rivalry. I never owned a Screw the U T-shirt and I never will, and I will never be able to show any respect for anyone wearing one that says Beat State, not . . .

Jack4Life
03-30-2007, 10:49 AM
My compliments to JimmyJack for eloquently explaining the importance of cooperation between the universities of this state. I am one of the posters on this board who does think that the SDSU/USD rivalry will be revived. But I am also one of the posters who does not want to see the stupidity of the past, and I don't want to see it from either side.

I wasn't in Brookings for the SDSU-Indiana game but from what I read it is a perfect example of the type of respect that DI opponents should have for one another. I understand that the Indiana coach went out of her way to acknowledge the SDSU students/fans that gave such tremendous support for their team. I read about the SDSU fans responding to her with the tremendous respect that she deserves. If the SDSU/USD rivalry is to be revived we have to learn that type of respect, at least to the degree that it is possible for an intrastate rivalry. I never owned a Screw the U T-shirt and I never will, and I will never be able to show any respect for anyone wearing one that says Beat State, not . . .

I also want to thank JimmyJack for his response. Very well put. When I read the posts by our new member, I thought of many ways to respond. But, JimmyJack responded with what I felt was a very classy way. I agree, we need to learn to treat each other with class and respect. It is very easy to get caught up in handing out smack, but need to be above that.

On the second point, I personally am not in any hurry to start playing USD again. I am sure that we will again play, but the time has to be right and an advantage to both schools, not just one.

filbert
03-30-2007, 10:53 AM
It was close, but I've got to give this one a Fault, due to the Pot-Kettle-Black rule. It's a bit of a hard argument to make that SDSU fans are more obsessed with USD than the reverse by starting a thread complaining about it on SDSU's fan board.

jackmd
03-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Nice way to join the board. There are more than 800 members here and literally thousands of threads. There are three or four threads about USD. How on earth would you make the argument that USD topics dominate the board?

Sure, there are rabid partisans here who seem to need to bash USD as a reflex. There are also a lot of us who are heeding President Chicoine's advice to turn down the rhetoric and see how the universities can cooperate to the benefit of both (after all, we're both small potatoes in the larger scheme of things... President Chicoine was most recently a top administrator at a university that is larger than all of South Dakota's universities combined.) We don't have the resources in this state to continue battling each other over every little dumb thing.

I guess I see all the silly "SDSucks" type bashing (from both sides) as childish and unproductive at this point. Nobody knows how either team would do against the other. And if the rivalry is going to default back to the stupidness of the past, I really don't want any part of it.

Lets not forget this is the SMACK thread. Things posted here are intended as SMACK. I don't think any of us would converse in this fashion if meeting face-to-face. So.... lets have some fun with smack and try not to take things too seriously. If you don't want to read it, don't click on the smack thread. Thats why its separate from the other. Silly and childish is just how I want to behave sometimes.

el_presidente
03-30-2007, 12:03 PM
To quote freshman SDSU students from out of state, "Where is USD?, What is USD? SD has another schoool?"

To quote a Wyoming fan waiting to get in the gate last week, "SDSU is the only university in SD." (I wanted to tell them they were correct.)

Even if it is a topic on this board, the majority of the underclassman on campus have never been to an SDSU/USD game and several of them from out of state don't even know that USD exists.

jackmd
03-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Even if it is a topic on this board, the majority of the underclassman on campus have never been to an SDSU/USD game and several of them from out of state don't even know that USD exists.

Reality Bites, especially for usd2 fans. Thats why they try to perpetuate the "fantasy" that they are just as good, if not better, than SDSU. Its part of the culture down there. As long as you keep thinking its true it might eventual become reality. Facts are facts, usd2 is trailing SDSU, again... Our students on campus are much more excited about UNI and NDSU coming to CAS than usd2 ever playing in Brookings again,much less SDSU traveling to Vermillion.

JackJD
03-30-2007, 01:03 PM
I have a confession to make: I helped USD. It was inadvertent but I have to admit it. When I graduated from SDSU and entered USD, I raised the grade point at both institutions.

jackrabit1
03-30-2007, 01:24 PM
In terms of Lord of the Rings terminolgy.

SDSU is like Froddo (sp?). Not the biggest kid on the block, perhaps in some other's eyes a "little brother". Faced with a mighty task (transistion to DI), it struggled a couple of times along the way but eventually became victorious and begins a shiny new life in Division I.

USD is like Gollum... at one time was "The University" and "The Flagship". But it's hubris and short-sightedness caused it to lose its prestige to Froddo-like SDSU. Since then, they have been bitter, sniveling crybabies, willing to blame everyone for their failures and never showing gratitude for those who help them. I could give you at least five examples of this, if you are interested.

It's funny that USD considers itself the "Princeton of the Prarie". If you ask me, they're just one step above the "Velvet Jones School of Technolgy"! (A little zinger for you followers of classic "Saturday Night Live")

But of course, SDSUcks wouldn't know what I'm talking about... he's in his little cave called the DakotaDump lamenting the loss of prestige and and crying out "MY PRECIOUS!!"

But I don't think I obsess about USD... I think of them as the retarted little cousin you see eating his boogers at Thanksgiving. You give him a cookie then send him along his way.

goon
03-30-2007, 04:06 PM

Dont you have to be able to beat your rival to be considered rivals? Im not seeing much of that from USD in the last 15 years. we are not a rival with you, and UND prolly doesnt even consider you rivals and they are in the same confrence. Between the XDSU's and the UXD's im afraid Usd is the odd man out, UND will prolly do well in the transition, the xdsu's will be ranked top 25 competing for championships and Usd will be struggling aginst decent teams for once. Being D-1 they wont be able to play crookston and Quincy everyear to try to feel good about themselves. Seems odd that USD finally started winning after 3 NCC schools left.

filbert
03-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Where 'Cks reveals that he's a fan of Sting and/or the Police:

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take

I'll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you say

I'll be watching you

O can't you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches
With every step you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake

I'll be watching you

Since you've gone I been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby, please

O can't you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches
With every breath you take

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Every_Breath_You_Take):

The track was written during the collapse of Sting's marriage to Frances Tomelty; the lyrics are the words of a sinister, controlling character, who is watching "every breath you take/every move you make". However, this fact has often gone unnoticed, or is ignored, and hence the song is often taken as a love song

So it has a certain poignant relevance to USD's situation vis a vis SDSU . . .

rabbitz
03-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Jackrabbit 1 earns some SAMCK points!

Yote53
03-31-2007, 09:14 AM
LaCrosse

jackrabit1
03-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Top-25 finish in Division-I

UWMandSDSU
03-31-2007, 04:52 PM
LaCrosse

Nicholls St., McNeese St., CENTRAL ARKANSAS, Cal Poly, UC Davis, Southern Utah

thebluehatman
03-31-2007, 06:08 PM
SDSU 2, USD 0 today in volleyball... Your girls played horrible and need to learn how to finish a game.

Yote53
03-31-2007, 06:11 PM
I know, it stings.

LaCrosse, just own it. Whatever else you come up with, it doesn't matter (especially if its volleyball, seriously). LaCrosse. So endeth the smack.

jackrabit1
03-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Actually, we don't take that as smack... we take that as coming back from an embarassing loss to rebound and knock off SEVERAL ranked teams, fight for a conference championship and finish ranked in Division One!

And USD can't get past LaCrosse. We did. Because we don't dwell on the past like our little brothers to the south.

THAT endeth the smack!

89rabbit
03-31-2007, 10:08 PM
I know, it stings.

LaCrosse, just own it. Whatever else you come up with, it doesn't matter (especially if its volleyball, seriously). LaCrosse. So endeth the smack.

Ya, let's talk football. ;) ;D

SDSU 20 - Central Arkansas 7

Central Arkansas 24 - USD 0

Go State! :)

jackmd
03-31-2007, 11:01 PM
I know, it stings.

Ya, let's talk football. ;) ;D

SDSU 20 - Central Arkansas 7

Central Arkansas 24 - USD 0

Facts never matter to a loser. Its about the "chance" or the "possibility" for them right now. We live it, they want it. Bring it on!!

SDSUcks
04-01-2007, 03:56 AM
You can't compare the Central Arkansas scores until each team plays a home and road with them and since that won't be happening it's irrelevant. USD plays much better at home and is improving on the road. That game was with an unsettled quarterback situation that was settled not too far after the game. All USD had to do was convert on their red zone opportunities and the game would be different. It can easily be argued that USD was dominating UCA well into the first half but after so many missed opportunities they probably got frustrated and UCA obviously gained momentum from that. If USD would have finished their drive, and it's a big IF the game would have been totally different. If UCA was to win it would have been a squeeker. That game would have been totally different at home. It's just the simple facts.

SDSU had a good record but some of those wins were kind of stolen out from underneathe the other teams at the end. Not that they weren't earned wins but those things won't always go your way and do tend to even out in time. You could have easily had 2 or 3 more losses. Most of the breaks went SDSU's way in 2006.

2006 USD got into the post season

The word of bewilderment at SDSU for decades on end, as Jim More would say, PLAYOFFS you want to talk PLAYOFFS. That is a word that a good portion of the SDSU home crowd has not been aquainted with in their lives. Conference title flags also aren't flown over CAS grand stands very often.

Which word hurts more to SDSU fans. Playoffs or LaCrosse?

jackrabit1
04-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Hang on to that little nugget, Gollum. You're gonna need it when you become the laughingstock of D-1!

1bunnies
04-01-2007, 06:10 AM
IF all the folks in China stood with their backs to wind and farted, the wind would switch directions. Good luck loser, hosehead, scumbag, whatever they call usd2 supporters.

PREMIUM
04-01-2007, 09:19 AM
CK'S, DO YOU HAVE A CONFERENCE? WHICH FLAG IS THAT AGAIN?

89rabbit
04-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Hey Yotes,

Congrats on making the D-II playoffs. Ya know, USF won the NAIA National Championship. It is good to see the little schools in South Dakota doing well.

I'm sure you feel the same way when the big school from South Dakota does well. Did you hear, SDSU finished the season ranked in the top 25 in D-I FCS. ;) ;D

jackmd
04-01-2007, 12:14 PM
You can't compare the Central Arkansas scores until each team plays a home and road with them and since that won't be happening it's irrelevant. USD plays much better at home and is improving on the road. That game was with an unsettled quarterback situation that was settled not too far after the game. All USD had to do was convert on their red zone opportunities and the game would be different. It can easily be argued that USD was dominating UCA well into the first half but after so many missed opportunities they probably got frustrated and UCA obviously gained momentum from that. If USD would have finished their drive, and it's a big IF the game would have been totally different. If UCA was to win it would have been a squeeker. That game would have been totally different at home. It's just the simple facts.

SDSU had a good record but some of those wins were kind of stolen out from underneathe the other teams at the end. Not that they weren't earned wins but those things won't always go your way and do tend to even out in time. You could have easily had 2 or 3 more losses. Most of the breaks went SDSU's way in 2006.

The word of bewilderment at SDSU for decades on end, as Jim More would say, PLAYOFFS you want to talk PLAYOFFS. That is a word that a good portion of the SDSU home crowd has not been aquainted with in their lives. Conference title flags also aren't flown over CAS grand stands very often.

Classic usd logic. I suppose you're going to continue with that crap about usd "waiting for the right time to go DI" and continue to deny the facts regarding that major blunder. Its this kind of crappy logic that keeps everyone rolling their eyes everytime someone says usd is going DI. Stop talking and start showing us something. Getting shutout against the only DI team you played last year and then using some convoluted logic to justify that loss makes me question your sanity. I know some of the people previously in charge at usd were crazy but I thought the pills were keeping the delusions to a minimum. Somebody better check the medicine chest.

filbert
04-01-2007, 12:38 PM
La Crosse.

LAAAAAAAA CROSSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been there. Done that. Wrote the parody thread. (For the USD among us, "parody (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody)" means "work that imitates another work in order to ridicule, ironically comment on, or poke some affectionate fun at the work itself, the subject of the work, the author or fictional voice of the parody, or another subject.")

Generic USD-UNO Smack Thread (http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1160935479)

An excerpt (for the USD among us, that means "a small piece of the entire article"):

SDSU-Fan posts:
Why am I even encouraging you guys by responding? You're DEE-TWO!!!

USD-Fan posts:
Oh yeah? LA CROSSE!!!

jackrabit1
04-01-2007, 01:10 PM
The problem, Filbert, SDSUcks and Yote53 probably have their heads so far up their backsides, they don't realize they're sounding like broken records.

Guys, come up with some ORIGINAL smack, not retreads from the MavMORONS!

joeboo22
04-01-2007, 08:18 PM
I think it will be fun watching USD go or try to go D-I, they use the Dome for everything.. The dome well as North Dakotans say... you call that a dome? But honestly until they build an arena they're going to have a real tough time getting into a conference... Also it helps if you have your facilities on campus, and when I go to Vermillion well there really isn't a campus there. Also thats a knock on recruiting, Vermillion isn't the nicest town in the state and its hard to show a kid around campus if there really isn't one. You can make fun of SDSU loosing to LaCrosse all you want SDSU wasn't ready to play and the conditions really hurt them, but they still finished top 25 in D-I.

ndsubison
04-01-2007, 09:57 PM

OK, I mostly lurk on this board but I feel an obligation to come to the defense of my Jack bretheren on this one. First and foremost, I am a BISON. Secondly, I am an ally of the Jacks. I cheer for them every time they don't play the Bison. ANYWAY...........Coyote: it doesn't even take balls to post what you did. It takes stupidity. You want to talk about no playoffs and no conference???? HA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA infinity. Are you really that much of an idiot? Let's break it down for you:

1) USD became competitive after 3 of the top teams in the NCC moved up
2) You still cannot win the NCC outright. What does that tell ya??
3) UCA 24 USD Z E R O
4) SDSU 20 UCA 7 What does that tell ya??
5) You're not even DI yet. You're not even in the Great West yet. The Mid-Con & especially the Gateway are lightyears beyond your sorry ass.
6) Keep up the arrogant attitude because in 3 yrs, who will be laughing and talking about a lack of conferences and playoffs???
7) When usd is finally a 'counter', I dare you to come up to the FargoDome for a 40 point ass-whupping. If you're lucky, we'll only take out roughly 3-4 of your starters for the year.
8) Sorry to get involved in a SDSU/usd smackfest but I gotta call bull**** when I see it. SDSU has proven themselves and all I hear from the Yotes is bull****.
9) Hey usd: step up or shut up
10) usd fans make this too easy. You wanna fight? Come on over to the Bison board. We'll promise not to laugh too hard.

GO BISON!!!
GO JACKS!!
GO MID-CON!!
GO GATEWAY!!

2002jack
04-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks, Bison. USD fans are sad, sad people. They have little to cheer/talk about, so the only thing they can do is post junk on our board.

ndsubison
04-01-2007, 10:09 PM
You're welcome. I will go on record right now as being a closet Jacks fan. I know you guys put up with a lot of bull**** from those Yotes but it is nothing compared with what we Bison put up with s--ux fans. My skin is thick so the Yote smack just makes me laugh. I think I'm going to start a poll....

ndsubison
04-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I have a confession to make: I helped USD. It was inadvertent but I have to admit it. When I graduated from SDSU and entered USD, I raised the grade point at both institutions.

Thats gud man. Reel gud. ;) Go Ag Skools!!