USD is in your head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD is in your head

Every step they take, every more they make will be watched by the paranoid fans of the Jacks. If USD was such an irrelevant college then why do USD topics dominate this board. It's an addiction and the Jacks fans have the fever. It has already been proven and will continue to be proven. SDSU's real biggest rival is USD. USD's real biggest rival is UND. ;D

Re: USD is in your head

Originally posted by SDSUcks
    Every step they take, every more they make will be watched by the paranoid fans of the Jacks.  If USD was such an irrelevant college then why do USD topics dominate this board.  It's an addiction and the Jacks fans have the fever.  It has already been proven and will continue to be proven.  SDSU's real biggest rival is USD.  USD's real biggest rival is UND.   ;D  
    1. USD2 topics do not dominate this board. Fact is, usd2 dominates nothing.

2. usd2 should watch their step, because they will step in Rabbit s#% as they follow SDSU. They will always follow, they will never be leaders.

3. Go back to the usd2 board. Oops, I forget, no one is ever on that board.

Comment

Every step they take, every more they make will be watched by the paranoid fans of the Jacks.  If USD was such an irrelevant college then why do USD topics dominate this board.  It's an addiction and the Jacks fans have the fever.  It has already been proven and will continue to be proven.  SDSU's real biggest rival is USD.  USD's real biggest rival is UND.   ;D  
      Nice way to join the board. There are more than 800 members here and literally thousands of threads. There are three or four threads about USD. How on earth would you make the argument that USD topics dominate the board?

Sure, there are rabid partisans here who seem to need to bash USD as a reflex. There are also a lot of us who are heeding President Chicoine's advice to turn down the rhetoric and see how the universities can cooperate to the benefit of both (after all, we're both small potatoes in the larger scheme of things... President Chicoine was most recently a top administrator at a university that is larger than all of South Dakota's universities combined.) We don't have the resources in this state to continue battling each other over every little dumb thing.

I guess I see all the silly "SDSucks" type bashing (from both sides) as childish and unproductive at this point. Nobody knows how either team would do against the other. And if the rivalry is going to default back to the stupidness of the past, I really don't want any part of it.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

My compliments to JimmyJack for eloquently explaining the importance of cooperation between the universities of this state.  I am one of the posters on this board who does think that the SDSU/USD rivalry will be revived.  But I am also one of the posters who does not want to see the stupidity of the past, and I don't want to see it from either side.  

I wasn't in Brookings for the SDSU-Indiana game but from what I read it is a perfect example of the type of respect that DI opponents should have for one another.  I understand that the Indiana coach went out of her way to acknowledge the SDSU students/fans that gave such tremendous support for their team.  I read about the SDSU fans responding to her with the tremendous respect that she deserves.  If the SDSU/USD rivalry is to be revived we have to learn that type of respect, at least to the degree that it is possible for an intrastate rivalry.  I never owned a Screw the U T-shirt and I never will, and I will never be able to show any respect for anyone wearing one that says Beat State, not . . .

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack
          My compliments to JimmyJack for eloquently explaining the importance of cooperation between the universities of this state.  I am one of the posters on this board who does think that the SDSU/USD rivalry will be revived.  But I am also one of the posters who does not want to see the stupidity of the past, and I don't want to see it from either side.  

I wasn't in Brookings for the SDSU-Indiana game but from what I read it is a perfect example of the type of respect that DI opponents should have for one another.  I understand that the Indiana coach went out of her way to acknowledge the SDSU students/fans that gave such tremendous support for their team.  I read about the SDSU fans responding to her with the tremendous respect that she deserves.  If the SDSU/USD rivalry is to be revived we have to learn that type of respect, at least to the degree that it is possible for an intrastate rivalry.  I never owned a Screw the U T-shirt and I never will, and I will never be able to show any respect for anyone wearing one that says Beat State, not . . .
          I also want to thank JimmyJack for his response. Very well put. When I read the posts by our new member, I thought of many ways to respond. But, JimmyJack responded with what I felt was a very classy way. I agree, we need to learn to treat each other with class and respect. It is very easy to get caught up in handing out smack, but need to be above that.

On the second point, I personally am not in any hurry to start playing USD again. I am sure that we will again play, but the time has to be right and an advantage to both schools, not just one.

Comment

Every step they take, every more they make will be watched by the paranoid fans of the Jacks. If USD was such an irrelevant college then why do USD topics dominate this board. It's an addiction and the Jacks fans have the fever. It has already been proven and will continue to be proven. SDSU's real biggest rival is USD. USD's real biggest rival is UND. ;D
            It was close, but I've got to give this one a Fault, due to the Pot-Kettle-Black rule. It's a bit of a hard argument to make that SDSU fans are more obsessed with USD than the reverse by starting a thread complaining about it on SDSU's fan board.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
              Nice way to join the board. There are more than 800 members here and literally thousands of threads. There are three or four threads about USD. How on earth would you make the argument that USD topics dominate the board?

Sure, there are rabid partisans here who seem to need to bash USD as a reflex. There are also a lot of us who are heeding President Chicoine's advice to turn down the rhetoric and see how the universities can cooperate to the benefit of both (after all, we're both small potatoes in the larger scheme of things... President Chicoine was most recently a top administrator at a university that is larger than all of South Dakota's universities combined.) We don't have the resources in this state to continue battling each other over every little dumb thing.

I guess I see all the silly "SDSucks" type bashing (from both sides) as childish and unproductive at this point. Nobody knows how either team would do against the other. And if the rivalry is going to default back to the stupidness of the past, I really don't want any part of it.
              Lets not forget this is the SMACK thread. Things posted here are intended as SMACK. I don't think any of us would converse in this fashion if meeting face-to-face. So.... lets have some fun with smack and try not to take things too seriously. If you don't want to read it, don't click on the smack thread. Thats why its separate from the other. Silly and childish is just how I want to behave sometimes.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

To quote freshman SDSU students from out of state, "Where is USD?, What is USD? SD has another schoool?"

To quote a Wyoming fan waiting to get in the gate last week, "SDSU is the only university in SD." (I wanted to tell them they were correct.)

Even if it is a topic on this board, the majority of the underclassman on campus have never been to an SDSU/USD game and several of them from out of state don't even know that USD exists.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente
                  Even if it is a topic on this board, the majority of the underclassman on campus have never been to an SDSU/USD game and several of them from out of state don't even know that USD exists.
                  Reality Bites, especially for usd2 fans. Thats why they try to perpetuate the "fantasy" that they are just as good, if not better, than SDSU. Its part of the culture down there. As long as you keep thinking its true it might eventual become reality. Facts are facts, usd2 is trailing SDSU, again... Our students on campus are much more excited about UNI and NDSU coming to CAS than usd2 ever playing in Brookings again,much less SDSU traveling to Vermillion.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I have a confession to make: I helped USD. It was inadvertent but I have to admit it. When I graduated from SDSU and entered USD, I raised the grade point at both institutions.

Comment

In terms of Lord of the Rings terminolgy.

SDSU is like Froddo (sp?). Not the biggest kid on the block, perhaps in some other's eyes a "little brother". Faced with a mighty task (transistion to DI), it struggled a couple of times along the way but eventually became victorious and begins a shiny new life in Division I.

USD is like Gollum... at one time was "The University" and "The Flagship". But it's hubris and short-sightedness caused it to lose its prestige to Froddo-like SDSU. Since then, they have been bitter, sniveling crybabies, willing to blame everyone for their failures and never showing gratitude for those who help them. I could give you at least five examples of this, if you are interested.

It's funny that USD considers itself the "Princeton of the Prarie". If you ask me, they're just one step above the "Velvet Jones School of Technolgy"! (A little zinger for you followers of classic "Saturday Night Live&quot

But of course, SDSUcks wouldn't know what I'm talking about... he's in his little cave called the DakotaDump lamenting the loss of prestige and and crying out "MY PRECIOUS!!"

But I don't think I obsess about USD... I think of them as the retarted little cousin you see eating his boogers at Thanksgiving. You give him a cookie then send him along his way.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Dont you have to be able to beat your rival to be considered rivals? Im not seeing much of that from USD in the last 15 years. we are not a rival with you, and UND prolly doesnt even consider you rivals and they are in the same confrence. Between the XDSU's and the UXD's im afraid Usd is the odd man out, UND will prolly do well in the transition, the xdsu's will be ranked top 25 competing for championships and Usd will be struggling aginst decent teams for once. Being D-1 they wont be able to play crookston and Quincy everyear to try to feel good about themselves. Seems odd that USD finally started winning after 3 NCC schools left.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Where 'Cks reveals that he's a fan of Sting and/or the Police:

Every breath you take
                          Every move you make
                          Every bond you break
                          Every step you take

I'll be watching you

Every single day
                          Every word you say
                          Every game you play
                          Every night you say

I'll be watching you

O can't you see
                          You belong to me
                          How my poor heart aches
                          With every step you take

Every move you make
                          Every vow you break
                          Every smile you fake
                          Every claim you stake

I'll be watching you

Since you've gone I been lost without a trace
                          I dream at night I can only see your face
                          I look around but it's you I can't replace
                          I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
                          I keep crying baby, baby, please

O can't you see
                          You belong to me
                          How my poor heart aches
                          With every breath you take
                          From Wikipedia:
                          The track was written during the collapse of Sting's marriage to Frances Tomelty; the lyrics are the words of a sinister, controlling character, who is watching "every breath you take/every move you make". However, this fact has often gone unnoticed, or is ignored, and hence the song is often taken as a love song
                          So it has a certain poignant relevance to USD's situation vis a vis SDSU . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jackrabbit 1 earns some SAMCK points!

Comment

LaCrosse

Comment

Working...
                              X