USD Getting Ready to Become the Best College in SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Getting Ready to Become the Best College in SD

SDSU is overconfident and will take USD lightly in their transition thinking they will own them. It's going to be a major wake up call when USD starts to pound the Jacks all over the football field and basketball court. USD will go into the worst facility in the Great West or Gateway Conference (also known as COUGH lin Alumni) and come out with a win and leave the Blue and Yellow Bunnies licking their wounds from the mudholes of that pig pen that you call a field. What is better than a muddy field for the #1 farm school of the midwest. Fits about right.

Re: USD Getting Ready to Become the Best College i

Originally posted by SDSUcks
    SDSU is overconfident and will take USD lightly in their transition thinking they will own them.
    Since we won't be playing USD, that's kind of a ridiculous assertion.

For the 100th time. We'll be in the Gateway Football Conference. That means we have 8 conference games every year, leaving just three other dates to schedule. We'll play one game against the Minnesotas, Nebraskas, Iowa States or Iowas of the world for a cash payout. That leaves two games. Since we're in the Gateway, we'll want to play games that will help our argument for postseason. That means playing Cal Poly or UC Davis for one of those and somebody like Georgia Southern, McNeese, or Texas State for the other. USD doesn't figure at all in that schema. So, I'm not sure when you think this game will take place, but we're not going to play USD in a game that doesn't help us in the playoff picture. And as a transitional team, USD doesn't help us in the playoff picture for at least five years.

Put yourself in SDSU's place. USD got screwed out of a playoff berth two years ago because of a weak non-conference schedule. It may not be reality, but in the eyes of the FCS, playing USD sooner for SDSU would be like USD playing Quincy or Crookston. It's not the same, I know. But that's the perception when you play lower division teams.

By the way, thanks for the compliment. I'm proud that SDSU is the #1 farm school in the midwest.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

usd2 won't have to travel at all to play in the worst facility. I still envision some ethanol plant using the Butler center to store their corn.

Comment

SDSU is overconfident and will take USD lightly in their transition thinking they will own them. It's going to be a major wake up call when USD starts to pound the Jacks all over the football field and basketball court. USD will go into the worst facility in the Great West or Gateway Conference (also known as COUGH lin Alumni) and come out with a win and leave the Blue and Yellow Bunnies licking their wounds from the mudholes of that pig pen that you call a field. What is better than a muddy field for the #1 farm school of the midwest. Fits about right.
        I'll give the smack effort a 8.4. Not bad, has the requisite over-the-top Coyote arrogance, slipped in the ag school reference. Gets a bonus for spelling words correctly for the most part and for getting our school colors right. 'Cks is off to a promising smack start.

Still waiting for the Russian, Bulgarian, and Chinese judges to weigh in.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not shabby, a decent job of dissing SDSU, but where are the supporting facts of why USD will overtake SDSU. OH wait, that's because there aren't any. I Hope USD has fun picking up our leftover recruits over the next years. Whose gonna want to play at USD with no hope of any playoffs, when they could come play at SDSU.
          SDSUcks why don't you go post over on the USD fan board, they could use some posters.

Comment

... the #1 farm school of the midwest.  Fits about right.  
            'Ucks:  

I'm not an ag major but in all of my years at SDSU and as a proud alumnus I have never been insulted by terms such as Moo U or others that I have heard.  Likewise, I could never really see any insult when the opponents fans sang "Old McDonald".  Granted, I could never understand the words that the illiterate crowds were singing so I might have missed something.

A heritage in meeting the basic food needs of the populace is one that I have always been proud of.  I ask, Is there any major at any university which is more honorable than seeking better ways to feed the people of the world?

Comment

IF usd2 successfully transitions to DI, that is still a big IF, I will happily stomp on the fingers of each yote fan as they bow down on bended knee begging for our approval during their transition. IF they make it to a DI conference and become competitive, I look forward to stomping their athletic teams and fans into the accepting submission of mediocrity that mired their days at the DII level. The envy will remain, the aspiration to become what we are will accelerate, the reality that only one can be #1 will continue to bite. Welcome to transition, don't burn and DII bridges, you might be scampering right back across them.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                [quote author=SDSUcks link=1175240707/0#0 date=1175240707]SDSU is overconfident and will take USD lightly in their transition thinking they will own them.  It's going to be a major wake up call when USD starts to pound the Jacks all over the football field and basketball court.  USD will go into the worst facility in the Great West or Gateway Conference (also known as COUGH lin Alumni) and come out with a win and leave the Blue and Yellow Bunnies licking their wounds from the mudholes of that pig pen that you call a field.  What is better than a muddy field for the #1 farm school of the midwest.  Fits about right.  
                I'll give the smack effort a 8.4.  Not bad, has the requisite over-the-top Coyote arrogance, slipped in the ag school reference.  Gets a bonus for spelling words correctly for the most part and for getting our school colors right.  'Cks is off to a promising smack start.

Still waiting for the Russian, Bulgarian, and Chinese judges to weigh in.[/quote]

Oh, I am sorry but I will have to give our new friend a 0.0.  Reason being that he de facto admitted that SDSU is the best with his title to this thread "USD getting ready to become the best college in South Dakota".  That implies that they aren't (which we already knew), and one can not be an effective smacker if you are willing to capitulate on this basis.  Smack by its very nature is not much more then “my school is better then your school”.  You can't be taken seriously as a smacker if start with a willingness to admit that you are in fact inferior.  Look at our friends the Mav twins, clearly their commuter school is inferior to our Land Grant Flagship University, but they will never admit it.

I find it hard to believe that he can even be a USD supporter with his willing to embrace the reality of the situation.  True, in the body of his post he does show a certain USDishness.  With that said however, it begins and ends in the title.  Our new friend was disqualified and that point and so he received no score, though I do admire his willingness to understand that USD is second best.   ;D

Go State!

Comment

Is this a MAVBOT in Coyote clothing???

At least it was a D-1 caliber post!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                    Is this a MAVBOT in Coyote clothing???

At least it was a D-1 caliber post!

SUPERBUNNY

Ya think? :-/

Seemed more like a D-II caliber post, maybe right on the edge of becoming an exploratory year caliber post, but still D-II. ;D

Go State!

Comment

SUPERBUNNY is correct. I grabbed "Scks" fur and the result is pictured below. It was a MAVBOT clone in Coyote pelt.

Comment

The best part is the title of the thread.

"USD Getting Ready to Become the Best College in SD"

Apparently this 'Yote agrees with us that USD is not currently the Best College in SD.  We wish you the best in striving to become the best, but you have some catching up to do.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Well, actually "ucks" said it all in the subj. line. "best college", colleges make up the university (ie: college of Eng, or Arts and Science) I consider SDSU to be a UNIVERSITY, and by far the Best. So that puts them even farther back, to be a college .... and not a university, Ucks said it first.

Comment

Perhaps USD is getting ready to become the best COMMUNITY college in South Dakota! ;D
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                              [quote author=filbert link=1175240707/0#3 date=1175269801][quote author=SDSUcks link=1175240707/0#0 date=1175240707]SDSU is overconfident and will take USD lightly in their transition thinking they will own them. It's going to be a major wake up call when USD starts to pound the Jacks all over the football field and basketball court. USD will go into the worst facility in the Great West or Gateway Conference (also known as COUGH lin Alumni) and come out with a win and leave the Blue and Yellow Bunnies licking their wounds from the mudholes of that pig pen that you call a field. What is better than a muddy field for the #1 farm school of the midwest. Fits about right.
                              I'll give the smack effort a 8.4. Not bad, has the requisite over-the-top Coyote arrogance, slipped in the ag school reference. Gets a bonus for spelling words correctly for the most part and for getting our school colors right. 'Cks is off to a promising smack start.

Still waiting for the Russian, Bulgarian, and Chinese judges to weigh in.[/quote]

Oh, I am sorry but I will have to give our new friend a 0.0. Reason being that he de facto admitted that SDSU is the best with his title to this thread "USD getting ready to become the best college in South Dakota". That implies that they aren't (which we already knew), and one can not be an effective smacker if you are willing to capitulate on this basis. Smack by its very nature is not much more then “my school is better then your school”. You can't be taken seriously as a smacker if start with a willingness to admit that you are in fact inferior. Look at our friends the Mav twins, clearly their commuter school is inferior to our Land Grant Flagship University, but they will never admit it.

I find it hard to believe that he can even be a USD supporter with his willing to embrace the reality of the situation. True, in the body of his post he does show a certain USDishness. With that said however, it begins and ends in the title. Our new friend was disqualified and that point and so he received no score, though I do admire his willingness to understand that USD is second best. ;D

Go State! [/quote]
                              Ah, you could in fact be right. Blatant logical fallacy is in fact a smack fault (unless taken to ridiculous and comical extremes--then you get bonus points for the sheer entertainment value). Still, once awarded, it seems to me that all judge's decisions should be final (no do-overs for judge ratings). I promise to do better in the future . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X