• Show
Clear All

• If the Coyotes Played the Bison

This oughtta be fun!

BTW--

BISON  56
    Yotes    6

Re: If the Coyotes Played the Bison

The last time the Coyotes played the Bison they lost 35 to 3.  That was in 2003. They also lost to SDSU in the DakotaDump.  Oh yeah, in 2003 they lost to Wisconsin-Lacrosse as well.

NDSU-90
    USD-3
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I can see this turning into pure comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
        I can see this turning into pure comedy.
        What, the game? Or this thread?
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

NDSU 2003
          usd2 1/3

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
            The last time the Coyotes played the Bison they lost 35 to 3.  That was in 2003. They also lost to SDSU in the DakotaDump.  Oh yeah, in 2003 they lost to Wisconsin-Lacrosse as well.

NDSU-90
            USD-3
            LACROSSE!!! : : :

Comment

NDSU 68
              usd(d-1?) 0

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
                [quote author=2002jack link=1175484295/0#1 date=1175484755]The last time the Coyotes played the Bison they lost 35 to 3.  That was in 2003. They also lost to SDSU in the DakotaDump.  Oh yeah, in 2003 they lost to Wisconsin-Lacrosse as well.

NDSU-90
                USD-3
                LACROSSE!!!   : : :
                [/quote]

I would say there is quite a bit of difference in the losses. USD lost to LaCrosse as a D2 school at LaCrosse. SDSU lost at home to LaCross as a D1 school. That would be like USD losing at home to an NAIA school as a D2 school.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
                  [quote author=SD-STATE link=1175484295/0#5 date=1175552402][quote author=2002jack link=1175484295/0#1 date=1175484755]The last time the Coyotes played the Bison they lost 35 to 3.  That was in 2003. They also lost to SDSU in the DakotaDump.  Oh yeah, in 2003 they lost to Wisconsin-Lacrosse as well.

NDSU-90
                  USD-3
                  [/quote]

I would say there is quite a bit of difference in the losses.  USD lost to LaCrosse as a D2 school at LaCrosse.  SDSU lost at home to LaCross as a D1 school.  That would be like USD losing at home to an NAIA school as a D2 school.  [/quote]

So what you are saying is there is a difference in level of play between Div I and Div II? USD fans are always saying there wasn't a difference between the NCC and Great West.

Comment

[quote author=SD-STATE link=1175484295/0#5 date=1175552402][quote author=2002jack link=1175484295/0#1 date=1175484755]The last time the Coyotes played the Bison they lost 35 to 3.  That was in 2003. They also lost to SDSU in the DakotaDump.  Oh yeah, in 2003 they lost to Wisconsin-Lacrosse as well.

NDSU-90
                    USD-3
                    [/quote]

I would say there is quite a bit of difference in the losses.  USD lost to LaCrosse as a D2 school at LaCrosse.  SDSU lost at home to LaCross as a D1 school.  That would be like USD losing at home to an NAIA school as a D2 school.  [/quote]

And usd really showed them who was the big bad boss the next year, with a 45-44 thumping. :Congrats, you managed to squeak out a W against such a lesser opponent. Of course the reason for that close game, at home, was because of the bruising 3 games usd played before. Truman St., Peru St., and the always tough Moorhead State.

State proved that the LaCrosse loss was a fluke, stuff happens.

usd proved that LaCrosse is a decent team and will play tough untill the end. (See score 45-44) I believe you guys went 9-2 that year. With that grueling schedule, that was no small feat. :-/ :-/

Comment

In all honesty Lacrosse impressed me more than any other team in the NCC that year that came into the dome. USD handled a good St. Cloud team at home alot more convincingly than they handled Lacrosse. People tend to under rate the competiveness of that Wisconsin D3 league. There is some pretty good football played in that league.

I am obviously surprised that Lacrosse beat SDSU but not surprised if they would have simply given them a good game.

Comment

In all honesty Lacrosse impressed me more than any other team in the NCC that year that came into the dome.  USD handled a good St. Cloud team at home alot more convincingly than they handled Lacrosse.  People tend to under rate the competiveness of that Wisconsin D3 league.  There is some pretty good football played in that league.  

I am obviously surprised that Lacrosse beat SDSU but not surprised if they would have simply given them a good game.  
                        Wow! Way to back off. Now they are a decent program and league since usd2 has had their struggles with them also. I guess that is why usd2 scheduled Crookston and Upper Iowa, just to get a couple a cupcakes.

Comment

In all honesty Lacrosse impressed me more than any other team in the NCC that year that came into the dome.  USD handled a good St. Cloud team at home alot more convincingly than they handled Lacrosse.  People tend to under rate the competiveness of that Wisconsin D3 league.  There is some pretty good football played in that league.  

Hey, we were all surprised. Life will kick you in the nuts sometimes. We moved on. LaCrosse and the rest of that Wisconsin league, get alot of FBS transfers. LaCrosse last year had at least two I believe. Their starting left tackle, from Wisconsin and the starting QB from U of Minn. Probably not the cream of the crop, but no slouches either.

I'm actually surprised that there may be some rational thinking in that post of yours.

Comment

NDNU would beat 'em easly by at least 30

Comment

Yotes would be feeling good because the school bus made it all the way to Fargo!  Thats the high point.  Light lunch, Dress for Game. In-and-out game.  Routine BISON win at the Fabulous Fargo Dome.  Yotes back on the school bus hoping it makes it back to Vermillion.    8-)

They might have a good team this year though?

Heck, they dont even know about I 29. They come up TH 75!
                              www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Working...
                              X