Lets see....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see....

New Chancellor who backs athletics strongly and has good relationships with boosters. New AD with D1 experience. Baseball and Softball teams both make the national tournament. Yeah, life is good in Maverickville . Wish you guys could say the same ;D ;D ;D.

Re: Lets see....

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
    New Chancellor who backs athletics strongly and has good relationships with boosters. New AD with D1 experience. Baseball and Softball teams both make the national tournament. Yeah, life is good in Maverickville   .  Wish you guys could say the same  ;D ;D ;D.
    Not every one of us is delusional. Stick with the therapy, it seemed to be working. Good luck, we all need that.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You guys find a D-II conference that no one cares about you yet?

Go State!

Comment

New Chancellor who backs athletics strongly and has good relationships with boosters. New AD with D1 experience. Baseball and Softball teams both make the national tournament. Yeah, life is good in Maverickville   .  Wish you guys could say the same  ;D ;D ;D.

This is all you could come up with??  Two words explain this post/poster...Easily Pleased.

Why life is good at SDSU:
        1.) 40 days and entry into the Summit League.
        2.) Ranked 22nd in national pre-season football poll
        3.) 9 of the 11 opponents for 2007 fb season ranked in same said poll
        4.) Entry into The Gateway conference for FB in 2008
        5.) Women's bb team "hires" the best coach we could've hoped for....AJ!!
        6.) Ground breaking on new Health and Fitness Complex.
        7.) Soon to be ground breaking on new North endzone facilities.
        8.) Men's basketball returning solid core of players including two from past years.  Mo and Beran
        9.) Not having to worry about crap home schedules in any of our sports anymore...We'll leave that to USD.
        10.) NEVER worrying about being a D-II school like UNO ever again!!

Best part for this Jackrabbit fan is.........................I know I've left out a bunch!!

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
          Best part for this Jackrabbit fan is.........................I know I've left out a bunch!!

Go Jacks!!
          Best part is we don't need to wear a kevlar vest to live in Brookings!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Notice there is nothing about any current athletic accomplishments. Its all about what might happen in the future. :-[ :-[

[quote author=Mavs Rule link=1179862953/0#0 date=1179862953]New Chancellor who backs athletics strongly and has good relationships with boosters. New AD with D1 experience. Baseball and Softball teams both make the national tournament. Yeah, life is good in Maverickville   .  Wish you guys could say the same  ;D ;D ;D.

This is all you could come up with??  Two words explain this post/poster...Easily Pleased.

8.) Men's basketball returning solid core of players including two from past years.  Mo and Beran
            9.) Not having to worry about crap home schedules in any of our sports anymore...We'll leave that to USD.

Go Jacks!![/quote]

Comment

Notice there is nothing about any current athletic accomplishments. Its all about what might happen in the future. :-[ :-[

[quote author=propar80 link=1179862953/0#3 date=1179866547][quote author=Mavs Rule link=1179862953/0#0 date=1179862953]New Chancellor who backs athletics strongly and has good relationships with boosters. New AD with D1 experience. Baseball and Softball teams both make the national tournament. Yeah, life is good in Maverickville   .  Wish you guys could say the same  ;D ;D ;D.

Go Jacks!![/quote]
              [/quote]

Since you mentioned it MAVS, let's hear it....what does the future look like down at UNO???  
              I'll give you two days to come up with at least five, you'll need it...good luck!!

Go Jacks!!

Comment

How about the Jacks 30 win baseball season, or the women's run in the WNIT.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                  [quote author=Mavs Rule link=1179862953/0#0 date=1179862953]New Chancellor who backs athletics strongly and has good relationships with boosters. New AD with D1 experience. Baseball and Softball teams both make the national tournament. Yeah, life is good in Maverickville   .  Wish you guys could say the same  ;D ;D ;D.
                  Not every one of us is delusional.  Stick with the therapy, it seemed to be working.  Good luck, we all need that.[/quote]

The key to staying on an even keel is to continue to take your meds after you start feeling better MAVS! Once the Prozac wears off, you turn into the same old dumbass that we've all come to know and hate!

Congratulations on your fantastic seasons in softball and baseball. I'm sure everyone in Nebraska is really taking notice. Oh, you mean it is still all about Big Red and the Blue Jays down there? Sorry, to hear that. It must be rough to be having some success without anyone paying attention.

It's a little different up here. The whole state is in tune with what is happening up here after the run the women made in the WNIT. That's only the WNIT!!! We can't wait until it is the NCAA Tournament! That will be excitement! Things have turned the corner in a big way up here! There were many other successes this year and Propar80 outlined the reasons above to have optimism for the future!

MAVS, you continue to be a naysayer and probably will continue in that mode. I second the challenge from Propar80 to give us 5 things to be excited about UNO athletics. Good luck, you'll need it!

If you come up with 5 good reasons, I will congratulate you and continue to not care at all about UNO D-2 athletics!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Let's see...

1) A top-25 FCS ranking for the SDSU Football Team... I guess that whole LaCrosse thing was just a bad dream after all!

2) The Women's Soccer team's first-ever conference championship... in a Division One conference, nevertheless... I know, drool, it doesn't count cause it's soccer. Well you had a drool fest over your girls, so I guess this does count after all.

3) ANOTHER Division I independent title for the Cross Country teams. Gee, having an OLYMPIAN as a coach isn't such a bad idea! Considering he was named Independent Coach of the Year for a second year in a row!

4) 30-win season for the Baseball team. Not bad for a "non-revenue" sport. Can you Mavs hang with the University of Minnesota? Didn't think so.

And let's not forget...

5) The SDSU Women's Basketball team.... Where, oh where to begin!
                    **Second 20+ win season in the 3-years of being Division I.
                    **Wins over major Division One programs, INCLUDING the University of Southern California, Virginia, AND Minnesota. Did I forget to mention basketball-crazed INDIANA? Hoosier mama, MavsDrool?
                    **Oh, and that whole WNIT thing.

That's five accomplishments SDSU's made this year... Can you say the same about your Mavs? Or are you still planning bake sales to get your program back in the black?

Here's some free advice for you; clothespins to mask the smell of your stockyards and bulletproof vests are not good bribes to potential conferences.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Total season attendance for the UNO WBB program (13 games): 4715
                      SDSU vs. Illinois State: 5719
                      SDSU vs. Indiana: 6053

The numbers don't lie, my friend.......

Comment

The best baseball players from the Omaha area play their college ball in Jackrabbit uniforms.

Comment

I think we should lighten up on the folks at UNO.  It's obvious that their main contribution is in academics.  I found this example on the CNN web site:

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/play...or.credit.affl

Comment

Its all about what might happen in the future.
                            That is because our future is bright.

So how are things down at D-II?

Found a conference yet? ;D ;D ;D

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

[quote author=Mavs Rule link=1179862953/0#5 date=1179917106]

[quote author=propar80 link=1179862953/0#3 date=1179866547][quote author=Mavs Rule link=1179862953/0#0 date=1179862953]New Chancellor who backs athletics strongly and has good relationships with boosters. New AD with D1 experience. Baseball and Softball teams both make the national tournament. Yeah, life is good in Maverickville   .  Wish you guys could say the same  ;D ;D ;D.

Go Jacks!![/quote]
                              [/quote]

Since you mentioned it MAVS, let's hear it....what does the future look like down at UNO???  
                              I'll give you two days to come up with at least five, you'll need it...good luck!!

Go Jacks!![/quote]

Well...it's been two days and nothing positive regarding the future at UNO form the MAVBOTS. This doesn't surprise me one bit considering the only thing positive regarding the UNO athletic program's future, is that fact that there may not be one in 5 years....or 2

Nice effort MAV. Your effort mirrors that of your athletic teams over many, many, many years.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X