SDSU Basketball From Bad to Worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Basketball From Bad to Worse

Cadwell now gone. I guess Frost Arena isn't that great for getting players to stay. I know the transition isn't supposed to be easy but what the SDSU basketball program is pulling off is quite amazing, amazingly bad. NDSU isn't having these same problems. USD will not have these same problems. Even UND will probably do OK. Now the only question is SDSU the 11th or 12th best basketball program in South Dakota.

Face it Rabbit Fans, you basketball program isn't getting better anytime soon unlike what most of you would like to claim.

Lets get that State-U rivalry rivisted quickly. It would be very ugly for the Yellow and Blue.

Re: SDSU Basketball From Bad to Worse

Originally posted by SDSUcks
     I guess Frost Arena isn't that great for getting players to stay.  
    If this is the case what the hell are you guys gonna do down there with the Dakota Dump.  By your rational of thinking, how the heck are you guys gonna be able to field a team with the absolute steller faciliities you guys got. I can't wait until all this crap bites you in the a$$, becasue you will be finding out real soon how hard DI is gonna be. Stop drinking that kool-aid and get your head out of your a$$ your gonna be in for a wake-up call.

Why don't you go and bring up this topic on Verminville or whatever your messageboard is called. Oh thats right nobody cares about DII sports down there let alone the move to DI.

Go State and Go State
    "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Comment

USD will not have these same problems.  Even UND will probably do OK.  
      Your justification on these points are so rational and valid, I cannot even argue with your logic.  
      "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Herd
        [quote author=SDSUcks link=1178598273/0#0 date=1178598272]USD will not have these same problems.  Even UND will probably do OK.  
        Your justification on these points are so rational and valid, I cannot even argue with your logic.  [/quote]

Here's all the rationale you need

Players do not want to play for SDSU, it's a known fact.

Players with actual talent do want to play for USD.

Shows that facilities aren't as important as the well being of the program.

Comment

Hey hey hey lay of the little junior high brat...Haha actually who gives a crap about him.

Comment

So what about Fitzgerald?

Boy, big mouth for a junior high kid.

What are you... Seventh grade? Eighth grade?

One of your USD friends ratted you out... you have no more credibility... enjoy being a joke, especially when you only get 5 wins in DI your first year!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
              So what about Fitzgerald?

Boy, big mouth for a junior high kid.

What are you... Seventh grade? Eighth grade?

One of your USD friends ratted you out... you have no more credibility... enjoy being a joke, especially when you only get 5 wins in DI your first year!
              Fitzgerald is gone because he wasn't talented enough to make the regular rotation. Maybe he can find a spot on SDSU's roster. I am sure he would fit in nicely. He would be an upgrade.

Comment

[quote author=Go_Herd link=1178598273/0#2 date=1178599248][quote author=SDSUcks link=1178598273/0#0 date=1178598272]USD will not have these same problems.  Even UND will probably do OK.  
                Your justification on these points are so rational and valid, I cannot even argue with your logic.  [/quote]

Here's all the rationale you need

Players do not want to play for SDSU, it's a known fact.  

Players with actual talent do want to play for USD.  

Shows that facilities aren't as important as the well being of the program.  [/quote]

So no one wants to play here? So how did we get 4 really good recruits for the men and 3 for the women? U dot has lost a few players over the years too so don’t act like usd is invincible from losing players. But you gotta realize, several of your best players from both men’s and women’s teams transferred from D-1 cuz they either couldn’t hack it or weren’t good enough. So they found a cheap little place to play at where they will look like they are really good, but in time, you won’t be able to get those D-1 transfers any more and you will see how much of a struggle it’s going to be. How is U dot going to recruit? How are they going to pay for everything, how are they going to cover travel costs? Until you and U dot can answer that you really don’t really have a whole lot to be excited about.

In a year with a good conference home for all our sports and the possibility for post season and conference championships, which will get the recruits we expect to have, in a year usd, will be in the first year of the transition, will be traveling for most games and won’t have easy cupcakes to play like they did in D-2. They have the worst facilities in the quad state area of any college and no direction on how to get through the transition let alone where they want to be afterwards. Just because you think the mid con would be a good fit for you, it really doesn’t make a good fit for the rest of the teams in the league so good luck getting in, and good luck with the great west as they are great teams in there that will be kicking your ass and the fact you will never get a playoff spot even in the miracle if you win the conference.

I understand why you are trying to show the struggles that we are having right now in one program, because you are afraid to face the problems that are afflicting U dot. Here, most everything else we've done so far has been impressive for a transitional school. The football team ending the year being ranked. The women making the wnit, the soccer team’s success, the swimmers were very impressive setting all sorts of records. people on here really don’t take what you say very seriously because we know what is happening here and what the future holds a lot better then you or Udot do, so until you can show or explain the road map that your going to be taking to make a successful transition to D-1 don’t try that weak attempt at smack here until you have something worth while.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Goon, why are you bothering? He's a junior high, kid...with no developed cognitive abilities... just like a typical USD frat-head!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                    Goon, why are you bothering? He's a junior high, kid...with no developed cognitive abilities... just like a typical USD frat-head!
                    So your saying he will fit in nicely down there?

I was trying to help him understand the errors of his way, but im sure it wont sink in.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Cadwell now gone.  I guess Frost Arena isn't that great for getting players to stay.  I know the transition isn't supposed to be easy but what the SDSU basketball program is pulling off is quite amazing, amazingly bad.  NDSU isn't having these same problems.  USD will not have these same problems.  Even UND will probably do OK.  Now the only question is SDSU the 11th or 12th best basketball program in South Dakota.  

Face it Rabbit Fans, you basketball program isn't getting better anytime soon unlike what most of you would like to claim.

Lets get that State-U rivalry rivisted quickly.  It would be very ugly for the Yellow and Blue.
                      Wipe the milk off your chin and go back to bed.

Comment

Anybody that thinks that USD is going to swallow up top recruits durring there transitional period is nuts. Just the fact that Colton Iverson is considering SDSU should tell you something. Colton's dad is a legend and holds many records and the U and you would think if good D-I players are going to go to USD Colton would be the first one to go. The facts are however the only recruits USD got this year were kids that were passed on by other D-II colleges. And if they can get that kind of talent next year I would really be surprised.

Comment

We may have lost Cadwell this coming year but we're gaining Beran, Berte, Sargent, Moss, Cassidy, Cordova, Pelarca, and possibly one more. I say bring on the yotes, I'd be willing to bet the farm on the Jacks.

Comment

I'm 100% behind "revisting" the rivalry.

Whatever the heck that means . . . it just sounds neat.

Ola amigos! Mi revista el rivalrio! Ole'!
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

They must not be teaching spelling anymore in junior high... quite sad, really!
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                              X