USD Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Sucks

I just couldn't take it anymore, the summer doldrums have hit the board and it is way to quiet on here!!!

I've had the chance to talk to a few USD fans in the last week or two and they we are thinking that things would be very smooth for them since SDSU has paved the way!

There just doesn't seem to be much of a plan that has been brought forth and that is something that doesn't bode well for the 'Yotes.

Sorry about the subject title, I'm on record for not being anti-USD, but hope that we kick the ever-living snot out of the 'Yotes on the athletic field! Felt it was just time to stir the pot!

Somebody get some chat going, otherwise I will have to focus on work!

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: USD Sucks

Did anyone catch the commercial for the "Bake Sale" that USD is having at CJ Callaway's on KELO?? Worst commercial on TV, hands down. Looked like a D-II commercial to me...imagine that!!

I figured after the cost of the commercial and dinner that night, they might raise enough gas money to get Neilson and Herbster back to Verm-Town.

Go Jacks!!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Going into the D-I transition thinking it will be a cakewalk is a recipe for trouble. Of course, you can't infer what the players think based on what fans post.

The idea that SDSU paved the way for USD doesn't make sense: there's no path behind SDSU. There's no path to the Summit League, there's no path to the Gateway. If openings come up down the road, that's one thing. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But transition to D-I is tough for every school that does it, USD included.

Comment

It seems USD thinks that if we emulate SDSU the exact things will happen. Our adminsitrators worked hard to put us in the postition we are in and yet a lot of things fell into place well beyond our control.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
          It seems USD thinks that if we emulate SDSU the exact things will happen. Our adminsitrators worked hard to put us in the postition we are in and yet a lot of things fell into place well beyond our control.
          True. But I don't think any of us has enough information to say for sure that USD's admins are "coasting" because of SDSU's trailblazing. My guess is they're working hard to make this a success. Why wouldn't they? Who really knows what USD's AD and admin are thinking? Nobody sets out to fail in a venture like this. No doubt they're doing all they can think to do to make it a success. It's in our interest (speaking as a SD taxpayer and someone who doesn't want student athletes anywhere to have a bad experience) for it to be successful.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Talked to Dr. Oien last week and commended him how the transition has gone to date. He stated that the study completed by Carr has left them with no surprises. That may be where USD might run into some issues. The company they retained for their study has not had a lot of experience in tansition studies and may have presented information that their client wanted to hear. Hopefully this will not be the case, but you do get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
              Who really knows what USD's AD and admin are thinking?
              I do.

They're thinking, "How in the f$$k do we support a Division I program down here in Hooterville."

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakotaBison
                [quote author=JimmyJack link=1182280463/0#4 date=1182295601]Who really knows what USD's AD and admin are thinking?
                I do.

They're thinking, "How in the f$$k do we support a Division I program down here in Hooterville."[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The fact is that none of us knows what goes on in the "inner circle" within the USD AD nor did we at SDSU but it has been shown that the administration here had tremendous foresight, developed a plan for success, and have worked hard to carry that out.

There are still plenty of issues but things have gone well for SDSU. Sure there are things that could be better, but things could be a whole lot worse.

I didn't mean to suggest anyone at USD was "coasting" or anything of the sort. I trust they are working extremely hard in their transition. My questions come in regards to the research, planning, and execution of the plan. Just haven't seen much which may be by design but it is odd.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

The reason for an indoor stadium was the cheerleaders wouldn't chew the carpet down! ;D ;D "Hooterville" had to be one of the deadest towns I lived in (2 summers, watching them build the DakotaDome)

I hope that them MD's & JD's are sweeting the financial pot, because the 'Yotes have a long ways to go to get to 63 schollies in football. Lots of women's sports need to be reintroduced and move forward. Four years ago, USD made a good choice to remain D-II, now 'lil bro has some serious growth to do, and a painful, undersupported, time to make that change.

Good for USD that they're bootstrapped to UND, because they wouldn't do well alone in D-I transition. Hope UND "helps" USD, rather than leave them in a UNC transition, and with less success.

I look for USD to have about the same success with FCS football that SDSU has had, but against generally lesser opponents. Mo St., SEMO, OVC teams would be smart to schedule USD for OOC games. Most Gateways, Montana schools would munch up the Yotes, worst than did the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
                    The reason for an indoor stadium was the cheerleaders wouldn't chew the carpet down!  ;D ;D  "Hooterville" had to be one of the deadest towns I lived in (2 summers, watching them build the DakotaDome)

I hope that them MD's & JD's are sweeting the financial pot, because the 'Yotes have a long ways to go to get to 63 schollies in football.  Lots of women's sports need to be reintroduced and move forward.  Four years ago, USD made a good choice to remain D-II, now 'lil bro has some serious growth to do, and a painful, undersupported, time to make that change.

Good for USD that they're bootstrapped to UND, because they wouldn't do well alone in D-I transition.  Hope UND "helps" USD, rather than leave them in a UNC transition, and with less success.

I look for USD to have about the same success with FCS football that SDSU has had, but against generally lesser opponents.  Mo St., SEMO, OVC teams would be smart to schedule USD for OOC games.  Most Gateways, Montana schools would munch up the Yotes, worst than did the Jacks.
                    Yah and I suppose that is why Montana State came calling after USD's head coach. Did they have any interest in Stig? SDSU had one good year that was likely because of a hot quarterback that is now gone. There is a much better chance that SDSU's good season was more of a fluke than USD's past 3 seasons. Last time USD and SDSU played the Coyotes weren't even close to the team they are currently. SDSU barely won those games. SDSU actually lost at home to a John Austin coached team. How does that happen.

Comment

SUPERBUNNY, I blame you for this!!! Now UCKS is going to fail his Driver's Ed test!
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
                        [quote author=rabidrabbit link=1182280463/0#8 date=1182361142]The reason for an indoor stadium was the cheerleaders wouldn't chew the carpet down!  ;D ;D  "Hooterville" had to be one of the deadest towns I lived in (2 summers, watching them build the DakotaDome)

I hope that them MD's & JD's are sweeting the financial pot, because the 'Yotes have a long ways to go to get to 63 schollies in football.  Lots of women's sports need to be reintroduced and move forward.  Four years ago, USD made a good choice to remain D-II, now 'lil bro has some serious growth to do, and a painful, undersupported, time to make that change.

Good for USD that they're bootstrapped to UND, because they wouldn't do well alone in D-I transition.  Hope UND "helps" USD, rather than leave them in a UNC transition, and with less success.

I look for USD to have about the same success with FCS football that SDSU has had, but against generally lesser opponents.  Mo St., SEMO, OVC teams would be smart to schedule USD for OOC games.  Most Gateways, Montana schools would munch up the Yotes, worst than did the Jacks.
                        Yah and I suppose that is why Montana State came calling after USD's head coach.  Did they have any interest in Stig?  SDSU had one good year that was likely because of a hot quarterback that is now gone.  There is a much better chance that SDSU's good season was more of a fluke than USD's past 3 seasons.  Last time USD and SDSU played the Coyotes weren't even close to the team they are currently.  SDSU barely won those games.  SDSU actually lost at home to a John Austin coached team.  How does that happen.  
                        [/quote]

Ucks, why would Stig want the Montana State job? It would be a lateral move at best. Their program is having some serious issues with academics and drugs. The only option for them was to look at DII and NAIA coaches who want to move up a level.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
                          [quote author=rabidrabbit link=1182280463/0#8 date=1182361142]The reason for an indoor stadium was the cheerleaders wouldn't chew the carpet down!  ;D ;D  "Hooterville" had to be one of the deadest towns I lived in (2 summers, watching them build the DakotaDome)

Yah and I suppose that is why Montana State came calling after USD's head coach.  Did they have any interest in Stig?  SDSU had one good year that was likely because of a hot quarterback that is now gone.  There is a much better chance that SDSU's good season was more of a fluke than USD's past 3 seasons.  Last time USD and SDSU played the Coyotes weren't even close to the team they are currently.  SDSU barely won those games.  SDSU actually lost at home to a John Austin coached team.  How does that happen.  
                          [/quote]

Do you think just maybe SDSU has also improved incrementally over the same timeframe? Once again congratulations on retaining your coach and assemblying a better team, but please don't forget that great record came without NDSU,SDSU and UNC on the schedule as in years past and a very easy, laughable non-conference schedule. How many points did that heralded offense score against Central Arkansas?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                            [quote author=SDSUcks link=1182280463/0#9 date=1182405619][quote author=rabidrabbit link=1182280463/0#8 date=1182361142]The reason for an indoor stadium was the cheerleaders wouldn't chew the carpet down!  ;D ;D  "Hooterville" had to be one of the deadest towns I lived in (2 summers, watching them build the DakotaDome)

[/quote]

Ucks, why would Stig want the Montana State job?  It would be a lateral move at best.  Their program is having some serious issues with academics and drugs.  The only option for them was to look at DII and NAIA coaches who want to move up a level.[/quote]

Or a non-schollie Pioneer coach (MSU selected the Drake head coach).

What this Rabbit wants to know is what new WOMENS SPORTS are being STARTED/RESTARTED to bring the Yotes into TITLE IX compliance? USD has already been to the NCAA woodshed about Title IX, losing Baseball in the mix. USD has a high likelihood of putting all their eggs into FOOTBALL, and field really poor teams the rest of the sports. Glad To be JACKing into good conferences than RALPHing into transition at this time.

Continue to fight for the "Sitting Bull" trophy USeD/Whiox! Bunnies/Bison are well MARKERed!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                              [quote author=SDSUcks link=1182280463/0#9 date=1182405619][quote author=rabidrabbit link=1182280463/0#8 date=1182361142]The reason for an indoor stadium was the cheerleaders wouldn't chew the carpet down!  ;D ;D  "Hooterville" had to be one of the deadest towns I lived in (2 summers, watching them build the DakotaDome)

[/quote]

Ucks, why would Stig want the Montana State job?  It would be a lateral move at best.  Their program is having some serious issues with academics and drugs.  The only option for them was to look at DII and NAIA coaches who want to move up a level.[/quote]

I never said he had any interest in MSU. I inferred of MSU not having interest in him. My point was that they had interest in Meierkort and not in Stig. Meierkort is simply the more desirable coaching candidate.

Comment

Working...
                              X