PDA

View Full Version : USD Sucks

SUPERBUNNY
06-19-2007, 02:14 PM
I just couldn't take it anymore, the summer doldrums have hit the board and it is way to quiet on here!!!

I've had the chance to talk to a few USD fans in the last week or two and they we are thinking that things would be very smooth for them since SDSU has paved the way!

There just doesn't seem to be much of a plan that has been brought forth and that is something that doesn't bode well for the 'Yotes.

Sorry about the subject title, I'm on record for not being anti-USD, but hope that we kick the ever-living snot out of the 'Yotes on the athletic field! Felt it was just time to stir the pot!

Somebody get some chat going, otherwise I will have to focus on work!

SUPERBUNNY

propar80
06-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Did anyone catch the commercial for the "Bake Sale" that USD is having at CJ Callaway's on KELO?? Worst commercial on TV, hands down. Looked like a D-II commercial to me...imagine that!! ;)

I figured after the cost of the commercial and dinner that night, they might raise enough gas money to get Neilson and Herbster back to Verm-Town.

Go Jacks!!!

RodentiaX1
06-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Going into the D-I transition thinking it will be a cakewalk is a recipe for trouble. Of course, you can't infer what the players think based on what fans post.

The idea that SDSU paved the way for USD doesn't make sense: there's no path behind SDSU. There's no path to the Summit League, there's no path to the Gateway. If openings come up down the road, that's one thing. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But transition to D-I is tough for every school that does it, USD included.

JACKGUYII
06-19-2007, 05:03 PM
It seems USD thinks that if we emulate SDSU the exact things will happen. Our adminsitrators worked hard to put us in the postition we are in and yet a lot of things fell into place well beyond our control.

JimmyJack
06-19-2007, 06:26 PM
It seems USD thinks that if we emulate SDSU the exact things will happen. Our adminsitrators worked hard to put us in the postition we are in and yet a lot of things fell into place well beyond our control.

True. But I don't think any of us has enough information to say for sure that USD's admins are "coasting" because of SDSU's trailblazing. My guess is they're working hard to make this a success. Why wouldn't they? Who really knows what USD's AD and admin are thinking? Nobody sets out to fail in a venture like this. No doubt they're doing all they can think to do to make it a success. It's in our interest (speaking as a SD taxpayer and someone who doesn't want student athletes anywhere to have a bad experience) for it to be successful.

Jack4Life
06-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Talked to Dr. Oien last week and commended him how the transition has gone to date. He stated that the study completed by Carr has left them with no surprises. That may be where USD might run into some issues. The company they retained for their study has not had a lot of experience in tansition studies and may have presented information that their client wanted to hear. Hopefully this will not be the case, but you do get what you pay for.

IowaBison
06-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Who really knows what USD's AD and admin are thinking?

I do.

They're thinking, "How in the f$$k do we support a Division I program down here in Hooterville."

SUPERBUNNY
06-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Who really knows what USD's AD and admin are thinking?

I do.

They're thinking, "How in the f$$k do we support a Division I program down here in Hooterville."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The fact is that none of us knows what goes on in the "inner circle" within the USD AD nor did we at SDSU but it has been shown that the administration here had tremendous foresight, developed a plan for success, and have worked hard to carry that out.

There are still plenty of issues but things have gone well for SDSU. Sure there are things that could be better, but things could be a whole lot worse.

I didn't mean to suggest anyone at USD was "coasting" or anything of the sort. I trust they are working extremely hard in their transition. My questions come in regards to the research, planning, and execution of the plan. Just haven't seen much which may be by design but it is odd.

SUPERBUNNY

rabidrabbit
06-20-2007, 12:39 PM
The reason for an indoor stadium was the cheerleaders wouldn't chew the carpet down! ;D ;D "Hooterville" had to be one of the deadest towns I lived in (2 summers, watching them build the DakotaDome)

I hope that them MD's & JD's are sweeting the financial pot, because the 'Yotes have a long ways to go to get to 63 schollies in football. Lots of women's sports need to be reintroduced and move forward. Four years ago, USD made a good choice to remain D-II, now 'lil bro has some serious growth to do, and a painful, undersupported, time to make that change.

Good for USD that they're bootstrapped to UND, because they wouldn't do well alone in D-I transition. Hope UND "helps" USD, rather than leave them in a UNC transition, and with less success.

I look for USD to have about the same success with FCS football that SDSU has had, but against generally lesser opponents. Mo St., SEMO, OVC teams would be smart to schedule USD for OOC games. Most Gateways, Montana schools would munch up the Yotes, worst than did the Jacks.

SDSUcks
06-21-2007, 01:00 AM
The reason for an indoor stadium was the cheerleaders wouldn't chew the carpet down! ;D ;D "Hooterville" had to be one of the deadest towns I lived in (2 summers, watching them build the DakotaDome)

I hope that them MD's & JD's are sweeting the financial pot, because the 'Yotes have a long ways to go to get to 63 schollies in football. Lots of women's sports need to be reintroduced and move forward. Four years ago, USD made a good choice to remain D-II, now 'lil bro has some serious growth to do, and a painful, undersupported, time to make that change.

Good for USD that they're bootstrapped to UND, because they wouldn't do well alone in D-I transition. Hope UND "helps" USD, rather than leave them in a UNC transition, and with less success.

I look for USD to have about the same success with FCS football that SDSU has had, but against generally lesser opponents. Mo St., SEMO, OVC teams would be smart to schedule USD for OOC games. Most Gateways, Montana schools would munch up the Yotes, worst than did the Jacks.

Yah and I suppose that is why Montana State came calling after USD's head coach. Did they have any interest in Stig? SDSU had one good year that was likely because of a hot quarterback that is now gone. There is a much better chance that SDSU's good season was more of a fluke than USD's past 3 seasons. Last time USD and SDSU played the Coyotes weren't even close to the team they are currently. SDSU barely won those games. SDSU actually lost at home to a John Austin coached team. How does that happen.

jackrabit1
06-21-2007, 01:36 AM
SUPERBUNNY, I blame you for this!!! Now UCKS is going to fail his Driver's Ed test!

2002jack
06-21-2007, 10:08 AM

Yah and I suppose that is why Montana State came calling after USD's head coach. Did they have any interest in Stig? SDSU had one good year that was likely because of a hot quarterback that is now gone. There is a much better chance that SDSU's good season was more of a fluke than USD's past 3 seasons. Last time USD and SDSU played the Coyotes weren't even close to the team they are currently. SDSU barely won those games. SDSU actually lost at home to a John Austin coached team. How does that happen.

Ucks, why would Stig want the Montana State job? It would be a lateral move at best. Their program is having some serious issues with academics and drugs. The only option for them was to look at DII and NAIA coaches who want to move up a level.

JACKGUYII
06-21-2007, 11:54 AM

Do you think just maybe SDSU has also improved incrementally over the same timeframe? Once again congratulations on retaining your coach and assemblying a better team, but please don't forget that great record came without NDSU,SDSU and UNC on the schedule as in years past and a very easy, laughable non-conference schedule. How many points did that heralded offense score against Central Arkansas?

rabidrabbit
06-21-2007, 03:17 PM

Ucks, why would Stig want the Montana State job? It would be a lateral move at best. Their program is having some serious issues with academics and drugs. The only option for them was to look at DII and NAIA coaches who want to move up a level.

Or a non-schollie Pioneer coach (MSU selected the Drake head coach).

What this Rabbit wants to know is what new WOMENS SPORTS are being STARTED/RESTARTED to bring the Yotes into TITLE IX compliance? USD has already been to the NCAA woodshed about Title IX, losing Baseball in the mix. USD has a high likelihood of putting all their eggs into FOOTBALL, and field really poor teams the rest of the sports. Glad To be JACKing into good conferences than RALPHing into transition at this time.

Continue to fight for the "Sitting Bull" trophy USeD/Whiox! Bunnies/Bison are well MARKERed!

SDSUcks
06-21-2007, 10:10 PM

I never said he had any interest in MSU. I inferred of MSU not having interest in him. My point was that they had interest in Meierkort and not in Stig. Meierkort is simply the more desirable coaching candidate.

SDSUcks
06-21-2007, 10:12 PM

Do you think just maybe SDSU has also improved incrementally over the same timeframe? Once again congratulations on retaining your coach and assemblying a better team, but please don't forget that great record came without NDSU,SDSU and UNC on the schedule as in years past and a very easy, laughable non-conference schedule. How many points did that heralded offense score against Central Arkansas?

I don't think you want to get into a smack discussion about embarrasing football moments from 2006, I think you would lose that argument.

89rabbit
06-21-2007, 11:50 PM

I never said he had any interest in MSU. I inferred of MSU not having interest in him. My point was that they had interest in Meierkort and not in Stig. Meierkort is simply the more desirable coaching candidate.

You are missing the point, let's see if I can help. Pretend that Montana State is a person looking to buy a new car. They been through some rough times (academic and legal issues), and money is tight (the job is not the most attractive in FCS). Sure they would like to go get the big SUV (Head Coach from a FCS that has scholarships) but they know the reality is that they are going to have to look at the economy cars (NAIA, D-II, FCS Non-Scholarship, Assistant Coaches).

Face it your Coach Meierkort is an economy car and that is why MSU was looking at him. Of course he was not one of the finalists so I guess he wasn't one of the "sporty" economy cars. ;) ;D

Coach Stig =
http://www.automedia.com/NewCarBuyersGuide/photos/2005/GMC/Yukon%20XL%201500/SUV/2006_GMC_YukonXL1500_ext_1.jpg

Coach Meierkort =
http://www.canadiandriver.com/photos/2007/hyundai/accent/07accent3dr_3-1.jpg

Montana State's new coach Rob Ash =
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2004/Dodge/100327527/2004.dodge.neonsrt4.23942-396x249.jpg

Go State! :)

SDSUcks
06-22-2007, 12:00 AM

You are missing the point, let's see if I can help. Pretend that Montana State is a person looking to buy a new car. They been through some rough times (academic and legal issues), and money is tight (the job is not the most attractive in FCS). Sure they would like to go get the big SUV (Head Coach from a FCS that has scholarships) but they know the reality is that they are going to have to look at the economy cars (NAIA, D-II, FCS Non-Scholarship, Assistant Coaches).

Face it your Coach Meierkort is an economy car and that is why MSU was looking at him. Of course he was not one of the finalists so I guess he wasn't one of the "sporty" economy cars. ;) ;D

Coach Stig =
http://www.automedia.com/NewCarBuyersGuide/photos/2005/GMC/Yukon%20XL%201500/SUV/2006_GMC_YukonXL1500_ext_1.jpg

Coach Meierkort =
http://www.canadiandriver.com/photos/2007/hyundai/accent/07accent3dr_3-1.jpg

Montana State's new coach Rob Ash =
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2004/Dodge/100327527/2004.dodge.neonsrt4.23942-396x249.jpg

That was perhaps the most ridiculous rationalization I have ever read or heard. I guess if that is how one of the better FCS program thinks maybe it's not such a good idea to be a member of that division. Maybe the Bowl series is the way to go right off the bat.

I guess Stig was just too good for MSU to consider. I suppose that is also why he is coaching a program that has one of the most mediocre football histories imaginable. It won't matter because Meierkort will be beating SDSU in no time. Then he will take down Montana State as well since they have such "so called low standards" for their coaching candidates.

valleyrabbit
06-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Would someone kill this thread. I have long forgotton about the outhouse to the south.

Let's see. . . . What do these schools have in common?

Notre Dame, USC, Indiana, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Virginia, Oklahoma State, Alabama, Kentucky, Boston College, Washington State, Gonzaga, Kansas, Colorado, Creighton

All of the schools have LOST to the Jackrabbits in at least one sport since the Jacks moved to D-1

89rabbit
06-22-2007, 12:52 AM

That was perhaps the most ridiculous rationalization I have ever read or heard. I guess if that is how one of the better FCS program thinks maybe it's not such a good idea to be a member of that division. Maybe the Bowl series is the way to go right off the bat.

I guess Stig was just too good for MSU to consider. I suppose that is also why he is coaching a program that has one of the most mediocre football histories imaginable. It won't matter because Meierkort will be beating SDSU in no time. Then he will take down Montana State as well since they have such "so called low standards" for their coaching candidates.

Sorry partner but it is right on. Your coach didn't make it to the finals. He was up against a Head Coach from a FCS Non-Scholarship school (got the job), Head Coach from a NCAA D-II school (took his name out/didn't want the job), Head Coach from a NAIA school (took his name out/didn't want the job), and an Assistant Coach (didn't get the job).

In all seriousness. Montana State is a solid FCS program, but it is messed up right now. So messed up that Coach Lennon figures that UND going through transition and not being playoff eligible (and once they are playoff eligible they will be playing in a conference without an auto bid) is still a better gig. Montana State will pull out of this but it is going to be hard work and will take some time.

In all seriousness your Coach Meierkort is a good coach and has done good things with your program (of course he is a good coach, he did get his masters at SDSU) but his program is not on the same level as SDSU's.

In all seriousness Coach Stig's is coaching a higher level of football. His team finished last season ranked #21 in the Nation at that higher level of football. This coming season we are ranked in all the pre-season Top 25 polls that have been released (as high as #10 by Lindsey's) and this is our first season with a full amount of scholarships (63) at our new level. Place on top of that that next year we will be playoff eligible and we are moving to a conference with an auto bid and you can see why Montana State had no chance at Coach Stig.

You guys have been big fish in a little pond and all of that is about to change. Enjoy your last season in D-II and best of luck to you. Sorry if the truth hurts but you will be better served understanding where you are and where you are going.

P.S. USD can't go FBS unless you get rid of the Dakota Dome. You have to Avg. 15,000 fans per home game to be FBS, since the Dome only seats 10,000 . . . You are in high school, you do the math. ;) ;D

SDSUcks
06-22-2007, 04:07 AM

Sorry partner but it is right on. Your coach didn't make it to the finals. He was up against a Head Coach from a FCS Non-Scholarship school (got the job), Head Coach from a NCAA D-II school (took his name out/didn't want the job), Head Coach from a NAIA school (took his name out/didn't want the job), and an Assistant Coach (didn't get the job).

In all seriousness. Montana State is a solid FCS program, but it is messed up right now. So messed up that Coach Lennon figures that UND going through transition and not being playoff eligible (and once they are playoff eligible they will be playing in a conference without an auto bid) is still a better gig. Montana State will pull out of this but it is going to be hard work and will take some time.

In all seriousness your Coach Meierkort is a good coach and has done good things with your program (of course he is a good coach, he did get his masters at SDSU) but his program is not on the same level as SDSU's.

In all seriousness Coach Stig's is coaching a higher level of football. His team finished last season ranked #21 in the Nation at that higher level of football. This coming season we are ranked in all the pre-season Top 25 polls that have been released (as high as #10 by Lindsey's) and this is our first season with a full amount of scholarships (63) at our new level. Place on top of that that next year we will be playoff eligible and we are moving to a conference with an auto bid and you can see why Montana State had no chance at Coach Stig.

You guys have been big fish in a little pond and all of that is about to change. Enjoy your last season in D-II and best of luck to you. Sorry if the truth hurts but you will be better served understanding where you are and where you are going.

P.S. USD can't go FBS unless you get rid of the Dakota Dome. You have to Avg. 15,000 fans per home game to be FBS, since the Dome only seats 10,000 . . . You are in high school, you do the math. ;) ;D

Sorry but just because a team is in D1 FCS does not automatically make them better than a D2 team. I will not think USD is better than every D2 program because they merely offer more scholarships. Sure it's an advantage but the scholarship difference can be overcome in other ways. A very big one for instance is coaching. Stig was an average coach at the D2 level. He didn't suddenly become a great coach because SDSU moved up. The move is only a slightly higher level in my opinion but not one where it's a ridiculous talent/coaching difference. I look at D1 FCS as the old NCC across the entire division. I would bet the old NCC as a D2 conference would fit right about in the middle (maybe slightly lower) of the D1AA level. It's my belief that the top 10 teams in D2 would all be top 40 teams in FCS. SDSU as a mediocre program would not have been able to have as good of success as they have had if the level between the two divisions had/has been a very big leap. Lets use some common sense. SDSU with far fewer than the full allotment of schollies was able to compete after a year or two with basically the same fundamental football program than they had at D2. That speaks very loudly to the closeness of the levels between D2 (NCC) and D1 FCS. SDSU being a member of the most powerfull and deep D2 conference was given a huge head start compared to a team that would have tried to make the leap from a conference such as the RMAC or NSIC. SDSU's level of competition in the NCC is very close to the level at D1 so they were prepared very well for the move up. Sure they improved, no doubt about it but they were 70-80% on their way as a football transitional school just by coming from the NCC.

I want to make a statement regarding the difference between basketball and football and why I think it's tougher to make the leap in basketball than in football. In the old NCC the top football teams were basically automatic contenders for a national title because the conference was so tough that it prepared the winning teams very well. Look at USD, they have stunk it up for several years in the NCC. Despite having many 4-5 and 3-6 type years in the old NCC they still were very successfull in the non conference D2 portion of their schedule. It was a different animal alltogether as I am sure most of you remember. That difference in the level of the NCC and other weaker D2 conference was substancial. The NCC was really a D1 conference in spirit and competitiveness. That is one of the legitimate reasons why NDSU is a top 5 FCS program right now and SDSU is a top 20 program. They were trained very well.

SDSUcks
06-22-2007, 04:16 AM
continued...

Now that USD and UND are making the jump it is a very logical to believe that both programs will soon be top 25 programs as well, probably after a couple of years in FCS. That is assuming most of the current fundamentals within the program remain the same or get better. If SDSU and USD remain on about the same course and do renew the rivaly it will be surprising if the series gets slanted more than 7-3 one way of the other assuming the games are home and home on a rotating basis. USD just doesn't lose at home. That includes some very tough games. I think most people think USD only wins at home because they play weak competition but that is not true. I don't think UNO and UND have had games over the last 3 years where they have been so overwelmed as when they played in Vermillion. Aside from at Grand Valley the Sioux have never been as stunned as they were when they came down in 2005. Most UND fans were very convinced that they would win and got a huge surprise. I think alot of SDSU fans would likely think the same way. I think some don't think USD's program is for real.

SDSUcks
06-22-2007, 04:18 AM
By the way 89rabbit the Dakota Dome is only a permanent seating addition away from having a facility that would likely hold about 15,000. I am not saying that is going to happen but could in time.

JimmyJack
06-22-2007, 08:04 AM
We'll all have a better idea of how USD will do in FCS after the Coyotes' McNeese game on Sept. 29. Last year they lost to Central Arkansas (a very good first year transitional team). McNeese will be the first upper-level, full-scholarship FCS team they'll face. Should be interesting.

UND's win over UNI last year lends some credibility to what Ucks is saying. There is the old "any given Sunday (or Saturday)" line in football after all. But there is definitely a difference in team speed at the FCS level. D2 teams have some very fast players. FCS teams have some really, really fast players and 60 other very fast guys.

Personally, I think USD will transition well and will become a quality FCS program fairly quickly. Meierkort has shown that he understands the importance of putting speed on the field. That's one of the reasons USD has been successful the last few years.

But I'm guessing nobody on the Coyote coaching staff shares Ucks' impression of FCS as merely a lateral move from the top of D2.

SUPERBUNNY
06-22-2007, 09:38 AM
SUPERBUNNY, I blame you for this!!! Now UCKS is going to fail his Driver's Ed test!

I take the full responsibility for starting this thread and with the permission of the Global Moderators, I make a move to kill it!!!!

Now it's time to get back to work!

Just a couple of months until football season!

GO JACKS!!!!

SUPERBUNNY

jackmd
06-22-2007, 12:49 PM
We'll all have a better idea of how USD will do in FCS after the Coyotes' McNeese game on Sept. 29. Last year they lost to Central Arkansas (a very good first year transitional team). McNeese will be the first upper-level, full-scholarship FCS team they'll face. Should be interesting.

UND's win over UNI last year lends some credibility to what Ucks is saying. There is the old "any given Sunday (or Saturday)" line in football after all. But there is definitely a difference in team speed at the FCS level. D2 teams have some very fast players. FCS teams have some really, really fast players and 60 other very fast guys.

Personally, I think USD will transition well and will become a quality FCS program fairly quickly. Meierkort has shown that he understands the importance of putting speed on the field. That's one of the reasons USD has been successful the last few years.

But I'm guessing nobody on the Coyote coaching staff shares Ucks' impression of FCS as merely a lateral move from the top of D2.

Solid logic by JJ here. The recent resurgence of the FB program at the U in no way guaruntees success at the FCS level. Too many variables. Playing the games will tell the story. On Saturdays this fall I'll be pulling for SDSU and whoever is playing USD. I can't help it.

NorCalJack
06-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Look Ucks, you can rationalize your decision to support USD all you want, but the fact is this is an SDSU message board. All the talking in the world won't change that. So at the end of your discussion, the facts still remain the same. USD still sucks. End of discussion. Nothing you say will change that, as much as you may wish this is not true, it is true on this board.

USD may think that the transition to D-1 has been made easier now that SDSU has blazed the trail for you. But remember, SDSU is the flag ship university in South Dakota. We are the leader and the future looks bright through these glasses. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Go State!!!

Jacked_Up
06-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Let's see, last year instead of SDSU and NDSU, the Coyotes played Crookston and Quincy and beat them by a combined score of 125-6. The Jacks and Coyotes only common opponent, Central Arkansas, beat the Coyotes and lost to the Jacks. The 2007 Coyotes will find McNeese State (who the Jacks also beat last season) quite a bit tougher than the non-conference cream puffs they've been playing in recent years. But I expect USD will do fine in D-1 football, even though they probably will lose Coach Meierkort to a better school within two years. (It won't be hard for him to find a better school.) The Yoties also could wind up in the Big Sky Conference. Yuck. They might end up wishing they'd gone to the Northern Sun.

SDSUcks
06-23-2007, 07:55 PM
USD is a better football school then SDSU so Meierkort has at least as good of a job than Stig has. USD has more accomplishments than that great history that SDSU has. BTW when was SDSU's last playoff game and what was the score of that game again. Did SDSU even gain a yard in that game that was probably about 4 decades ago. Nice history there and people are calling USD a crappy football program. Think again Rabbit fans, you football program has really never done anything all that great.

89rabbit
06-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh silly Coyote fan you just don't get it do you.

It is a FACT that SDSU plays football at a higher level then does USD. The highest level in South Dakota for that matter. It is not debatable. We are a D-I FCS School you are a D-II school. It doesn't matter what you do in D-II nothing can change the unalterable fact that we play football at a higher level then you do.

We don't care how you did against UND, we don't care how bad you beat UNO, it doesn't matter to us how you do in the D-II playoffs. We no longer compete in that Division. We have moved on.

To your way of thinking the University of Sioux Falls has the best team in the state and is the true "football school". After all they have done far more with their team then USD has done. Heck they have done far more recently then the Cornhuskers of Nebraska. Would you like to make a case that the University of Sioux Falls is a better football school then Nebraska because they won the NAIA National Championship last year?

Get back to us once you have made the jump to D-I and played some games in our division, then your prospective may have more value. However, I am not sure that will be the case.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Enjoy your last year in D-II, best of luck at winning a National Championship. We are looking forward to another outstanding season of FCS ball in Brookings and the good Lord willing another Top 25 finish.

Wish us luck if you are man enough, or don't it really doesn't matter to us.

SDSUcks
06-24-2007, 04:41 AM
If you have moved on away from the D2 level I would suggest that you take those NCC banners and national championship banners down since you want to disassociate yourself from D2 so badly. It's amazing how soon some of you forget your roots. Just go ahead and ignore your history in football because you will keep repeating it. Mediocre seasons are what Jackrabbit football is all about and it doesn't matter the level. SDSU could be NAIA and they would still figure out a way to finish 6-5.

89rabbit
06-24-2007, 07:15 AM
We can honor our history without living in the past.

P.S. Here is an example. SDSU finished Ranked #21 in the Nation in D-I FCS Football in 2006 (honoring the past). SDSU is ranked #10 in the Nation in D-I FCS Football Pre-Season by Lindy's (living in the here and now).

Here is Lindy's top 25:

1. Appalachian State
2. Montana
3. UMass
4. McNeese State
5. Wofford
6. New Hampshire
7. Portland State
8. Illinois State
9. North Dakota State
10. South Dakota State
11. Youngstown State
12. Southern Illinois
13. Central Arkansas
14. Delaware
15. Furman
16. James Madison
17. Tennessee-Martin
18. Montana State
19. Eastern Illinois
20. Northern Iowa
21. Coastal Carolina
22. Hampton
23. Texas State
24. Richmond
25. Liberty

Ucks, your unwillingness or inability to embrace reality as you find it, is eroding what little credibility you might have in this forum.

1bunnies
06-24-2007, 10:39 AM
That is because Stig is happy in Brookings and did not apply. Meierkort wants to get the hell out of Verminville.

filbert
06-24-2007, 11:04 AM
89: Ucks had credibility? When did that happen?

jackmd
06-24-2007, 12:44 PM

Exactly. Its akin to arguing with the UNO boys, child's play.

SDSUcks
06-24-2007, 01:50 PM
That is because Stig is happy in Brookings and did not apply. Meierkort wants to get the hell out of Verminville.

You're not educated enough on this situation so do some research on the matter and come back when you know the actual facts. Meierkort did not come to Montana State they came to him wanting him to apply. I do not believe they contacted Stig

Facts Meierkort > Stig, USD > SDSU

I speak the truth and I bring the education

I am objective, you are all biased and can't see reality

89rabbit
06-24-2007, 02:41 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks I needed that!

jackrabit1
06-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow! Talk about living in your own reality!

UCKS, you're about as objective as an ex-Nazi trying to deny the Holocaust!

1bunnies
06-24-2007, 05:23 PM

You're not educated enough on this situation so do some research on the matter and come back when you know the actual facts. Meierkort did not come to Montana State they came to him wanting him to apply. I do not believe they contacted Stig

Facts Meierkort > Stig, USD > SDSU

I speak the truth and I bring the education

I am objective, you are all biased and can't see reality
And your not educated enough on any situation. Put the pacifier back in between your lips and take your nap junior.

SDSUcks
06-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Afterall Jackrabbits are just road kill for Coyotes to come up and eat off the road when they get hungry. Sounds like what will be happening on the football field in a few years. USD > SDSU in all time wins against each other = fact that SDSU fans cannot deny. USD = better overall football tradition, SDSU = pathetic tradition. Keep up the smack Blue and Yellow fans cause the facts are USD > SDSU.

USD football > SDSU football
USD established before SDSU

What kind of administration would come together get into a room have serious discussions and come up with the nickname of "Jackrabbits", yah and that is who I want running my University. HA, HA, HA!!!

bounce, bounce, hop, hop, oooops squished on the road. Just like the SDSU quarterback when USD's onslaught begins.

The more the facts come in the angrier the jealous Jackrabbit fans become.

SDSUJack3031
06-24-2007, 08:42 PM
How about we look at this from a student's perspective because I'm assuming that most posters on here are a little older and I definitely know that ucks is probably (at best) in college like I am. I am in no way trying to stir the pot even though I'm sure this won't help.

As a college student that will be graduating in a year, I could really care less about USD because they are Div. II, so let's just completely throw out every statistic from the Div. II days. I don't really care that you guys are going Div. I and I won't until you start playing us. It's a new era for BOTH schools. I'm not saying that Div. II was not important. I'm just stating that it doesn't mean anything anymore when it comes to relating schools athletically. We have better athletes right now and on a regular basis, SDSU would beat USD.

A decent example of this would be having an 'A' school basketball team play a 'AA' school in basketball every year. Let's use Madison because they will have a good team for the next couple of years and how about Roosevelt or Washington (doesn't matter). Almost every year, Roosevelt is going to beat Madison. But Madison might have a decent team one year that could beat Roosevelt. It's difficult to give this scenario because college athletics is a complete 180 when it comes to high school, but you can get the picture. Over time, Madison would get dominated and injuries would happen, etc. Now what are the chances that USD is going to beat SDSU on a regular basis? Probably less than 1%. Could USD pull off a big upset? Probably. A good example is (I think you guys call it this) "the game we're never supposed to talk about". Stuff like that happens. But let's WAIT until USD can get 3 or 4 recruiting classes in and then let's match up and play a game. Relating us athletically now, (especially in football because of the physicality of the sport) is idiotic. Taking tradition and statistics that I know absolutely nothing about between the two schools won't do USD any good on the field until they get some athletes in. You probably do have athletes that can play at our level. But as a "team", we would be very tough to beat. And don't think that are football team doesn't see good athletes every single week, because they do. Just take a look at our schedule this year.

Now you can make a case that if our basketball teams played, USD could win. We were bad. I'll give you that (sort of). Our team is starting to obtain an identity. We have a much better team this next year than we have had in the past. Up and down the roster, our athleticism is way beyond yours this year. I don't know much about USD's team because the kids are all from SD, but none of them could match up with Kai. And just thinking about someone who always struggles against tall teams, Loney would be very good against you guys (and he isn't even going to be one of our top players). But I don't want to stir the pot and do match-ups because we'll never know until we see it on the court. I believe USD would have beat our guys team a few times these past few years and it's been rough to be a Jacks fan, but things just keep getting better. Like I said: "Year in and year out, we're D-I with D-I athletes so we will beat you on a regular basis." It's just the facts. I would be excited to see the rivalry come back again. It would be fun to watch! But until that happens, I don't really care about your school.

Who I do care about is NDSU (especially) and the Summit League. When we start playing UND and USD again on a regular basis (which I assume will happen sometime in the distant future), then I'll care. I don't have anything against the schools but we don't play you guys. Another reason is that I came to SDSU when they were turning D-I, so I don't care about UND or USD. Not as many kids care about the USD/SDSU rivalry as they used to. (I'm from MN so I could really care less about USD). If USD makes the move up and starts beating us in football, basketball, etc, then you guys are the better team that year. Let's just let them prove it on the field and not by some "tradition or statistic".

You have to realize that you can't relate SDSU to USD athletically (for right now). Give USD 5 years and we'll see what happens.

I'm going to apologize right now for any grammar errors I made. I got in trouble one time because someone was embarrassed that I was a college student and I wrote that way. I'm sure I made some mistakes, but I've wasted enough of my time writing this than to look it over twice. So I'm going to get back to work on my summer class. I needed a few more credits to pick up so I can get my 128 to graduate in 4 years.

jackmd
06-24-2007, 10:16 PM

Exactly. Its akin to arguing with the UNO boys, child's play.

Hey ucks, grow up and face a few realities:

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/graphics/badsanta1.jpg

jackrabit1
06-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Talk about a broken record!!! Hey UCKS, why not get some smack pointers from the Mav Morons? At least they had some creativity!

thebluehatman
06-25-2007, 06:54 AM
Someone tell me why we are arguing/debating with a middle schooler whose balls haven't even dropped yet? ;)

JACKGUYII
06-25-2007, 09:15 AM
I think it shows how slow the board is in the summer and how desperate we are for some smack to debate a young person who has not even taken an ACT.

SDSUcks
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
I think it shows how slow the board is in the summer and how desperate we are for some smack to debate a young person who has not even taken an ACT.

Ah Come on, SDSU fans will always have time for those good old Coyotes. ;D

UWMandSDSU
06-25-2007, 10:46 PM

http://www.advancedtimereports.com/help/ATRClient/control_4_1_4.jpg

I just hit the ignore button.

SDSUcks
06-26-2007, 12:43 AM

http://www.advancedtimereports.com/help/ATRClient/control_4_1_4.jpg

I just hit the ignore button.

Funny she hits the ignore button but has to make a post to tell everyone about it. Now that makes alot of sense. Sounds like she is ignoring alright.

jackrabit1
06-26-2007, 01:03 AM
Little boy, go to sleep! Or you'll fail your driver's test!

bisonbacker
06-27-2007, 12:58 PM
continued...

Now that USD and UND are making the jump it is a very logical to believe that both programs will soon be top 25 programs as well, probably after a couple of years in FCS. That is assuming most of the current fundamentals within the program remain the same or get better. If SDSU and USD remain on about the same course and do renew the rivaly it will be surprising if the series gets slanted more than 7-3 one way of the other assuming the games are home and home on a rotating basis. USD just doesn't lose at home. That includes some very tough games. I think most people think USD only wins at home because they play weak competition but that is not true. I don't think UNO and UND have had games over the last 3 years where they have been so overwelmed as when they played in Vermillion. Aside from at Grand Valley the Sioux have never been as stunned as they were when they came down in 2005. Most UND fans were very convinced that they would win and got a huge surprise. I think alot of SDSU fans would likely think the same way. I think some don't think USD's program is for real.

USD will not be a top 25 program in it's first 5 years in FCS. To even have a chance to be successfull your going to need to ramp up your scholarships quickly and I don't see that happening. UND may have a better chance given the donations by a select few can we say Heil Ralph? Even with that I don't see them having the success either NDSU or SDSU has. They have way too many other issues or dark clouds hanging over their heads right now. Good luck to you guys though your going to need it.

Haldersham
06-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Yep its going to take more than Joe Glenn's appearence at a fund raiser in SF to make things works. Who is Joe Glenn? ;D. I really know but do the USD fans?

SDSUcks
06-29-2007, 02:20 AM
continued...

USD will not be a top 25 program in it's first 5 years in FCS. To even have a chance to be successfull your going to need to ramp up your scholarships quickly and I don't see that happening. UND may have a better chance given the donations by a select few can we say Heil Ralph? Even with that I don't see them having the success either NDSU or SDSU has. They have way too many other issues or dark clouds hanging over their heads right now. Good luck to you guys though your going to need it.

Alot of People don't believe in USD and haven't believed in USD over the past 3 years in football that is ok with Coyote Fans though. I will give you 130 million reasons that USD can succeed and can raise money.

SDSUcks
06-29-2007, 02:21 AM
Yep its going to take more than Joe Glenn's appearence at a fund raiser in SF to make things works. Who is Joe Glenn? ;D. I really know but do the USD fans?

I think he was the guy with the red jersey on back in the days that spent all day whipping up on Jackrabbit players all over the field.

Haldersham
06-29-2007, 06:59 AM

I think he was the guy with the red jersey on back in the days that spent all day whipping up on Jackrabbit players all over the field.

I think Joe Glenn did more damage to both USD and SDSU when was the head coach at where? UNC? Joe was more of a coach than a player.
IF thats the best celeb that USD can come up with, they are in trouble before they even enter their exploratory year of D1.

BTW I hope UKS will show up with his fat wallet, as the hapless yotes need all the bucks they can get. ;) You need to put your money where your mouth is which means no trips to the arcade, no ice cream cones no nothing as all of your monthly allowance is needed at USD. ;D ;D ;D ;D

SDSUcks
06-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Since I am a kid doesn't that excuse me from some of my smack talk since I really don't know any better yet and my brain has yet to fully develop. Since all those that are responding are adults what is your excuse. Why would you spend so much time on a message board just picking on a kid and antagonizing him. You would think you people would know better than that.

89rabbit
06-29-2007, 09:36 AM
We are trying to educate you. After all, a mind is a terrible thing to waste. ;) ;D

jacksfaninne
06-29-2007, 10:06 AM
You would think you people would know better than that.
You're a usd fan. You would think you would know better, no matter how little you are.

bincitysioux
06-29-2007, 10:50 AM
continued...

Now that USD and UND are making the jump it is a very logical to believe that both programs will soon be top 25 programs as well, probably after a couple of years in FCS.

USD will not be a top 25 program in it's first 5 years in FCS. To even have a chance to be successfull your going to need to ramp up your scholarships quickly and I don't see that happening.

I think it is pretty bold to assume that the UXD's will be top 25 FCS programs in the next few years. I am hopeful about it, and am sure that both schools will be competetive programs in DI. But I of course don't have a crystal ball of course.

It is also pretty bold to assert that "USD will not be top 25 program in it's first 5 years". How can you know? I certainly never would have guessed in a million years that SDSU would have finished in the top 25 in their 3rd year of DI. I mean this as a compliment, but c'mon, the Jackrabbits certainly weren't striking fear in the eyes of many opponents in DII. It is a credit to what SDSU's athletic department has done with Jackrabbit football over the past couple years. So I'm not certain that USD (or UND) will be a top 25 program in 5 years, but I also can't say they won't. USD is having alot of success right now and as a result momentum is building and interest is growing.

jackmd
06-29-2007, 11:09 AM
I think it is pretty bold to assume that the UXD's will be top 25 FCS programs in the next few years. I am hopeful about it, and am sure that both schools will be competetive programs in DI. But I of course don't have a crystal ball of course.

It is also pretty bold to assert that "USD will not be top 25 program in it's first 5 years". How can you know? I certainly never would have guessed in a million years that SDSU would have finished in the top 25 in their 3rd year of DI. I mean this as a compliment, but c'mon, the Jackrabbits certainly weren't striking fear in the eyes of many opponents in DII. It is a credit to what SDSU's athletic department has done with Jackrabbit football over the past couple years. So I'm not certain that USD (or UND) will be a top 25 program in 5 years, but I also can't say they won't. USD is having alot of success right now and as a result momentum is building and interest is growing.

Too much logic for the smack board!! Of course, time will tell if the promises of funding, construction, and recruiting will bring success to the UXD's at the DI level or not. The XDSU's are in established DI conferences, competitive nationally, and hosting a post-season conference tournament. Thats more than promises and what might be. Yote fans may want to keep that in mind.

bincitysioux
06-29-2007, 11:18 AM
The XDSU's are in established DI conferences, competitive nationally, and hosting a post-season conference tournament. Thats more than promises and what might be. Yote fans may want to keep that in mind.

Yeah but the XDSU's weren't in that position in June of 2003, the date that corresponds with where the UXD's currently are in their respective transitions. In June of 2003 NDSU was telling us that they were a shoe-in for the Big Sky. ;) Things change, things develop, and things take time. Alot of XDSU fans act as if SDSU and NDSU were co-champions of the NCC last year, and will now be making a seamless transition into the Summit Leauge for this year. Remember, the reclassification was not seamless for the SU's, will not be for the U's, and rarely is for anybody.

JackJD
06-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Too much logic for the smack board!! Of course, time will tell if the promises of funding, construction, and recruiting will bring success to the UXD's at the DI level or not. The XDSU's are in established DI conferences, competitive nationally, and hosting a post-season conference tournament. Thats more than promises and what might be. Yote fans may want to keep that in mind.

Well stated, jackmd.

Hmmm...is it possible move a thread from Smack to elsewhere on the message board due to too much logic and a somber discussion?

propar80
06-29-2007, 11:45 AM
The XDSU's are in established DI conferences, competitive nationally, and hosting a post-season conference tournament. Thats more than promises and what might be. Yote fans may want to keep that in mind.

Yeah but the XDSU's weren't in that position in June of 2003, the date that corresponds with where the UXD's currently are in their respective transitions. In June of 2003 NDSU was telling us that they were a shoe-in for the Big Sky. ;) Things change, things develop, and things take time. Alot of XDSU fans act as if SDSU and NDSU were co-champions of the NCC last year, and will now be making a seamless transition into the Summit Leauge for this year. Remember, the reclassification was not seamless for the SU's, will not be for the U's, and rarely is for anybody.

????????????????????????

What SDSU and NDSU accomplished in D-I this past year, believe me, was much BIGGER, BETTER and MORE IMPORTANT than being co-champions in a D-II, watered-down league and division.

Go Jacks!!

2002jack
06-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Since I am a kid doesn't that excuse me from some of my smack talk since I really don't know any better yet and my brain has yet to fully develop. Since all those that are responding are adults what is your excuse. Why would you spend so much time on a message board just picking on a kid and antagonizing him. You would think you people would know better than that.

Let me take a poke at summarizing a day in the life of Ucks.

9:30 a.m.-Roll out of bed.

9:35 a.m.-Check the SDSUfans Forum. Post something unintellegent.

9:40 a.m.-Eat some Fruity Pebbles

9:50 a.m-Settle down on the couch and play Playstation for couple of hours.

12:30 p.m.- Eat some of Mom's delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. Get an argument with Mom. She wants you to mow the lawn. Your not about to do that, after all it's big sis's turn to mow.

1:00 p.m.-Some of your classmates call to invite you to the pool. You turn them down. The last time you were at the pool the 6th graders made fun of you for wearing your shirt the whole time. You don't need that again.

1:15 p.m-Settle down on the couch and play Playstation for couple of hours.

4:00 p.m.- Oprah!!!!

5:00 p.m.- Big Sis comes home and calls you a "loser". She takes over the remote. You go back to the computer and check out SDSUFans.com. You post an utterly stupid comment.

5:30 p.m.- Your Dad comes home. He's pissed, you didn't mow the lawn. You apologize and wipe the tears from your face. You're not allowed to play Playstation or get on the internet until the lawn's mowed. This punishment is worse than death.

6:00 p.m.- Mom's famous meatloaf is served for dinner. Delicious.

6:30 p.m.- Although it's not fair, you mow the lawn.

8:30 p.m.- You get invited by some classmates to go to a movie. You turn them down. You don't want be embarrased by your recent breakout of acne, and the fact that you haven't showered for days.

9:00 p.m.- Sit down to watch some TV, big Sis walks in and demands the remote. You've got no choice on this one. You still have bruises from Wednesday when she whooped up on you.

10:00 p.m. Big Sis's boyfriend calls, she'll be preoccupied for the next couple of hours. Finally your turn to run the television.

10:05 p.m. Playstation....you play for the next 4 or 5 hours.

2:30 a.m. Check out SDSUfans.com. Make a stupid post.

3:00 a.m Go to bed. Dream about USD winning a DI conference championship.

Wow. What a summer. Learn how to fish or go golfing. Don't spend your teen years worried about USD. Wait until your 30 or 35, with a wife and some kids, and there is nothing else besides this kind of crap to talk/worry about. You are young for godsakes; play baseball, go to the pool, smoke cigarettes, drink a few beers, anything besides this. Playstation and these fan forums will make you brain dead.

If you feel, smell, and look funny, don't worry about it. Most fourteen and fifteen year olds do.

You'll thank me later.

UWMandSDSU
06-29-2007, 09:19 PM

I think you would be smart enough to spend less time on a SDSU fan board and more time on your hopeless U dot Fan board.

89rabbit
06-30-2007, 01:18 AM

12:30 p.m.- Eat some of Mom's delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. Get an argument with Mom. She wants you to mow the lawn. Your not about to do that, after all it's big sis's turn to mow.

1:00 p.m.-Some of your classmates call to invite you to the pool. You turn them down. The last time you were at the pool the 6th graders made fun of you for wearing your shirt the whole time. You don't need that again.

5:00 p.m.- Big Sis comes home and calls you a "loser". She takes over the remote. You go back to the computer and check out SDSUFans.com. You post an utterly stupid comment.

5:30 p.m.- Your Dad comes home. He's pissed, you didn't mow the lawn. You apologize and wipe the tears from your face. You're not allowed to play Playstation or get on the internet until the lawn's mowed. This punishment is worse than death.

8:30 p.m.- You get invited by some classmates to go to a movie. You turn them down. You don't want be embarrased by your recent breakout of acne, and the fact that you haven't showered for days.

9:00 p.m.- Sit down to watch some TV, big Sis walks in and demands the remote. You've got no choice on this one. You still have bruises from Wednesday when she whooped up on you.

10:00 p.m. Big Sis's boyfriend calls, she'll be preoccupied for the next couple of hours. Finally your turn to run the television.

Wow. What a summer. Learn how to fish or go golfing. Don't spend your teen years worried about USD. Wait until your 30 or 35, with a wife and some kids, and there is nothing else besides this kind of crap to talk/worry about. You are young for godsakes; play baseball, go to the pool, smoke cigarettes, drink a few beers, anything besides this. Playstation and these fan forums will make you brain dead.

If you feel, smell, and look funny, don't worry about it. Most fourteen and fifteen year olds do.

You'll thank me later.

Classic! ;D ;D ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2002jack
06-30-2007, 01:55 AM

Sorry. You're wrong. Joe Glenn was an astronaut. Him and Tom Hanks were on Apollo 13 together. He later went on to become U.S. Senator along with Eddie Murphy, during the Kevin Klein administration.

1stRowFANatic
06-30-2007, 01:01 PM

You'll thank me later.

Sweet!

SDSUcks
07-01-2007, 12:43 AM

You'll thank me later.

Takes one to know one doesn't it 2002Jack

jackrabit1
07-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Wow! What powerful smack! Oh my goodness!! We're REELING from that nugget of wit! You're just too good for us, UCKS, how can we ever hope to COMPETE with such intelligent zingers as "Takes one to know one!" I may never be the same again!

Little boy, come back when you grow some hair on your chest!!! You can find us... in the SUMMIT LEAGUE!!!

SDSUcks
07-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Funny how SDSU fans and NDSU fans are just clamoring about the Summit league. I really have nothing against the Summit league honestly because that is the likely destination of USD but really it isn't like it's the best thing since sliced bread. The Summit league probably has less overall interest than the former NCC did. The level of competition will be slightly above the NCC but have an interest level slightly below. If USD and UND get there the backbone of that league and 4 highest profile institutions aside from maybe Oral Roberts in hoops will likely be the 4 Dakota Schools. The Summit league is one of the weakest overall conferences in D1. I am not purposely downing the Summit league because like I said USD may end up going there but realistically there is nothing to jump up and down about other than getting into a conference.

jackrabit1
07-01-2007, 06:47 PM
USD would be the doormat of the Summit League. And you're being awful presumptuous about getting in right away. I don't think they're going to be taking any NCC rejects anytime soon.

thebluehatman
07-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Funny how SDSU fans and NDSU fans are just clamoring about the Summit league. I really have nothing against the Summit league honestly because that is the likely destination of USD but really it isn't like it's the best thing since sliced bread. The Summit league probably has less overall interest than the former NCC did. The level of competition will be slightly above the NCC but have an interest level slightly below. If USD and UND get there the backbone of that league and 4 highest profile institutions aside from maybe Oral Roberts in hoops will likely be the 4 Dakota Schools. The Summit league is one of the weakest overall conferences in D1. I am not purposely downing the Summit league because like I said USD may end up going there but realistically there is nothing to jump up and down about other than getting into a conference.

I wasn't aware the Summit League was looking to expand anytime in the near future there Young Squatting Dog. At least from conversations with people who would know a lot more than you or me on this subject.

89rabbit
07-01-2007, 11:36 PM
The Summit league probably has less overall interest than the former NCC did. The level of competition will be slightly above the NCC but have an interest level slightly below.

Ya know, it is funny, I was thinking the exact same thing last March when I was watching the NCC Tourney Championship game on ESPN . . . oh wait, that is right the only D-II game that is on National TV is the National Championship game so it must have been the Mid-Con (now Summit League) Championship I was watching. Well then never mind . . . it would be just plan silly to try and assert that the NCC has a higher interest level then any D-I conference.

Don't kid yourself, once you get a driver's license and can travel outside of the region you will see that the NCC, although well known in the Upper Mid-West, really has no recognition outside of that geographic area. For that matter D-II as a whole hold very little interest for most sports fans. Don't believe me? Quick, without looking it up on the internet, who won the D-II Men's Basketball Championship last year and what can you tell me about their school? (hint they played Winona State)

There are only 31 NCAA D-I conferences and each one's post season tournament champion (or regular season champion if they don't have a post season tourney) qualifies for the "Big Dance". ESPN and their family of channels broadcast every one of those Championship games during "Championship Week". There is far more interest in any D-I conference then there is for the best D-II conference or team.

You want one more example before we put this foolishness to bed? Have you ever seen Sioux Falls lose it mind with excitement over hosting the NCC championships like it is doing over being awarded the Summit League Championships? Me neither.

Ucks you make me laugh. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

P.S. I see from the timing of your latest post - 5:15 PM - that your Big Sis got home right on time and took the remote from you again. ;) ;D

cactus
07-02-2007, 10:24 AM

Sorry. You're wrong. Joe Glenn was an astronaut. Him and Tom Hanks were on Apollo 13 together. He later went on to become U.S. Senator along with Eddie Murphy, during the Kevin Klein administration.

Post of the year

NightHawk78
07-03-2007, 11:23 AM
http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/softball/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=3867

Hmmm..........the head softball coach at USD(d-1?) has left Verminville for a D-III school? :o

juice
07-03-2007, 11:54 AM
http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/softball/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=3867

Hmmm..........the head softball coach at USD(d-1?) has left Verminville for a D-III school? :o

I'm glad to see that Zarling decided to take another job as opposed to be fired. Nice lady, but she just wasn't getting the job done.

I haven't checked this board in a while, but I notice that there is still no question about who you guys consider to be your rivals. Hats off to Gatewayrabbit though, I see he tried. There is a thread titled "NDSU Sucks" and another thread titled "USD Sucks." I don't think I have to tell you guys what one is getting more replies, and it's not even close. That's not intended to be smack, it's just an observation. It's not like SDSU fans are the only one's feeling that way. USD fans feel that way, NDSU fans obviously consider UND their rival and vice versa. I just hope that those in power can find a way to some day restore these rivalaries. It will be nuts if the two schools play again. Just look, we haven't played each other in several years, and look at how much of your conversations consists of smacking USD. The interest is obviously there.

I don't know if I said it yet, but congrats on getting into the Summit. Your women are right now the best team in that conference and will be looking at a lot of automatic bids if they can sustain their level of play. If your men can be as good as they were 10 years ago then they should be in the thick of things, if they can be better than that, then they should have a real good shot at winning that conference as well. It will be a big advantage to SDSU to have it in SF. Hopefully the Arena would be packed with either SDSU fans, or fans cheering for SDSU.

jackmd
07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
I don't know if I said it yet, but congrats on getting into the Summit. Your women are right now the best team in that conference and will be looking at a lot of automatic bids if they can sustain their level of play. If your men can be as good as they were 10 years ago then they should be in the thick of things, if they can be better than that, then they should have a real good shot at winning that conference as well. It will be a big advantage to SDSU to have it in SF. Hopefully the Arena would be packed with either SDSU fans, or fans cheering for SDSU.

The relationship and rivalry with NDSU is WAY different than the previous rivalry with USD. That said, its not any bigger.

I agree with the rest. We are all hopeful but it comes down to putting a competitive team on the court. I know things are headed in the right direction.