Troll infestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troll infestation

My friends, I am sad to report that our board has a troll infestation.  Apparently their sad little D-II boards can not keep their interests (who can blame them).

I think Ucks is the one in the middle, but it is hard to tell.

Rather then talk about their chances at a watered down NCC title or discussing the grim future they both face (moving to D-I Independent Hell, or moving the lesser D-II conference) on their own pathetic boards they come to our board in a sad attempt to pretend that they are somehow still in our peer group.  They try and feast off the crumbs that fall off our table.

We are trying to correct this problem  .  .  .  

but as most of you know, they are very hard to get rid of.  Not to worry they are completely harmless and occasionally it is fun to watch them squirm around trying soooo hard to remain relevant.

If you come across one don't panic laugh if they amuse you or just ignore them and they will go away.  However, please be warned Trolls hate to be ignored and will ratchet up the nastiness that they post in an attempt to re-engage the higher life forms on the board.  They have proven it time and time again.

Here is a little more information on Trolls for those who may be new to the board:

http://www.flayme.com/troll/

What Is A Troll?
    The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

Why do trolls do it?
    I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.  .  .  .  (read more)

So my friends enjoy our board and be glad the you have not been reduced to this sad state of being.  After all you are part of the Jackrabbit Nation and “It’s a great day to be a Jackrabbit”!  8-)

Go State!  

Re: Troll infestation

AMEN!!!!!

SUPERRBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

It baffles me that you are shocked that people from other schools come on to your smackboard and run smack. What do you expect? I know this may come as a surprise to you but fans don't normally run smack at themselves. I think you get pissed because you want to have a smackboard, but your fans aren't very good at it and this frustrates you as much as a Wisconsin Lacrosse football game.

Comment

Do you hear it?  It is the shrill cry of the ignored troll.

Go State!  

Comment

He sounds like Gollum...
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Yah and how about those table scraps that the SDSU mens basketball team has been giving off, yah the ones that are being swept under the rug by SDSU on an annual basis now. I don't think other so called wannabes want anything to do with those table scraps.

Comment

THAT'S my Gollum.... always thinking about the table scraps!

Say, can you say "My Precious" for me, just once? PLEASE????
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                THAT'S my Gollum.... always thinking about the table scraps!

Always skirting around the topic. Can never look the problem straight in the eyes. Can't even get a straight answer. The SDSU basketball team sucks and there is no way around it.

Comment

See what happens if you give them anything.

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
                    [quote author=jackrabit1 link=1183820156/0#6 date=1183833892]THAT'S my Gollum.... always thinking about the table scraps!

Always skirting around the topic. Can never look the problem straight in the eyes. Can't even get a straight answer. The SDSU basketball team sucks and there is no way around it. [/quote]

Aww... you're breaking my heart, Gollum!

By the way, one of your coaches is admitting that it's not going to be as easy a transition to D-I as you like to think it is. Finally, some common sense.

And you forget, we have our core group of guys coming back. In fact, one of them is playing in the Junior World Tournament!

Admit it... SDSU is light-years ahead of that little trailer-court campus in Vermin and it's eating you up! That's okay, let it out... admitting you're pathetic losers is the first step to recovery!

Little boy... I make my living with words... you DO NOT want to get into a battle of wits with me!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
                      The SDSU basketball team sucks and there is no way around it.  
                      Shouldn't message board smack be a little clever and even, at least in a back-handed way, a little humorous at times? As a moderator, I have to cruise the board looking at new posts so give me a break, Ucks: can you at least try to be a little inventive?

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                        [quote author=SDSUcks link=1183820156/0#7 date=1183835635][quote author=jackrabit1 link=1183820156/0#6 date=1183833892]THAT'S my Gollum.... always thinking about the table scraps!

Always skirting around the topic.  Can never look the problem straight in the eyes.  Can't even get a straight answer.  The SDSU basketball team sucks and there is no way around it.  [/quote]

Aww... you're breaking my heart, Gollum!

By the way, one of your coaches is admitting that it's not going to be as easy a transition to D-I as you like to think it is. Finally, some common sense.

And you forget, we have our core group of guys coming back. In fact, one of them is playing in the Junior World Tournament!

Admit it... SDSU is light-years ahead of that little trailer-court campus in Vermin and it's eating you up! That's okay, let it out... admitting you're pathetic losers is the first step to recovery!

Little boy... I make my living with words... you DO NOT want to get into a battle of wits with me![/quote]

Maybe you ought to use some of that wit to make a movement to get that mascot changed. Somehow a buck toothed rabbit isn't striking fear into too many opponents. Maybe use some of your skills to clean up the smell around that campus in Brookings. Maybe you could write a letter with your skills and get some of those things changed.

Comment

Brookings smells just fine... all the stench that's coming in is from that little outhouse called USD!

Or perhaps you forgot to shower again! UCKS, you're a growing boy! You're body is going through all sorts of changes. You need to shower regularly, as in once a day. That way, all the girls will want to date you and you can actually GET A LIFE!!!
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD

Shouldn't message board smack be a little clever and even, at least in a back-handed way, a little humorous at times?  
                            Yes, that is kind of the fundamental difference between running smack and just being a troll.  To put it another way if the intent of your post is only to upset, disrupt or simply insult the Jackrabbit Nation then you are in fact a troll.

Go State!  

Comment

The basic problem with our current infestation is that our pet trolls really don't have anywhere else to go to get the attention that they crave.

So, to you SDSU fans, I'll have to lay down the law: If you're going to keep these D-II trolls who've followed you home, you're going to have to feed them yourselves, take them for walks and clean their boxes and give them baths. You'll need to save up the money to pay for their shots, and get them spayed or neutered (depending). We can't have them breeding--there are too many trolls in the world already.

You need to understand the responsibility that comes with adopting a troll--you'll have to train them right, so that they don't mess in the kitchen or bark at our D-I guests when they come calling. We moderators aren't going to clean up after them--d'ya hear me, young Rabbits?

:
                              (I'm probably not serious, in case you're wondering . . . )
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X