USD Closer to Taking South Dakota Sports Spotlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Closer to Taking South Dakota Sports Spotlight

In only a few weeks USD will begin their last year of competition in D2.  They will have a much better last year in D2 than the fluffy tails did in their last season.  Looks like playoffs in the same school year for football and basketball is on the horizon, something SDSU did, lets see, how about practically never.  USD is gonna go into D1 like a rocket ship launched at warp speed and will pass the SDSU fluffy tails in every aspect of their transition.  It will be a swift but thorough fly by.  Make sure you wave as we pass you by in no time.  Enjoy your last year as the only South Dakota D1 College because when 2008 hits the Jacks will be irrelevant compared to the excellent standards that will be set by THEE FLAGSHIP school from the south.  

Re: USD Closer to Taking South Dakota Sports Spotl

Too bad the "Princeton of the Plains" can't teach its students to spell!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
      In only a few weeks USD will begin their last year of competition in D2.  They will have a much better last year in D2 than the fluffy tails did in their last season.  Looks like playoffs in the same school year for football and basketball is on the horizon, something SDSU did, lets see, how about practically never.  USD is gonna go into D1 like a rocket ship launched at warp speed and will pass the SDSU fluffy tails in every aspect of their transition.  It will be a swift but thorough fly by.  Make sure you wave as we pass you by in no time.  Enjoy your last year as the only South Dakota D1 College because when 2008 hits the Jacks will be irrelevant compared to the excellent standards that will be set by THEE FLAGSHIP school from the south.  
      Someone bring plenty of popcorn when USD hits D-I reality, the show should be quite entertaining. Your wild assertions mean nothing, you have nothing whatsoever to back them up. I hope the AD, coaches and players aren't as deluded as you are, as that would be a straight trip to being the next Savannah State.

Comment

While you're rocketing past SDSU be sure to enjoy your annual gridiron tilts with William Penn and Upper Iowa. We'll be too busy playing Gateway Conference and Bowl Championship games to notice.

Ask Coach Meierkort if he feels good about the transition. I hear he's pretty mad that USD waited so long. I believe the exact quote was "Somebody should get their a$$ fired for waiting so long to do this." I can't give up my source. Ask around, though, I'm sure he's said it to about everybody who would listen.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
          While you're rocketing past SDSU be sure to enjoy your annual gridiron tilts with William Penn and Upper Iowa. We'll be too busy playing Gateway Conference and Bowl Championship games to notice.

Ask Coach Meierkort if he feels good about the transition. I hear he's pretty mad that USD waited so long. I believe the exact quote was "Somebody should get their a$$ fired for waiting so long to do this." I can't give up my source. Ask around, though, I'm sure he's said it to about everybody who would listen.
          That's exactly how I feel and that is how I want the coach to feel as well. It sounds like he will be plenty motivated to take on the new challenge.

Comment

One other point worth making: USD's D1 plan maxes out at 140-some TOTAL scholarships. SDSU is at 205+ this year. While you're rocketing past us, you might consider how few sports USD offers and how that limitation might impact a conference search.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Wow, Ucks has hit a new low in silliness. No logic whatsoever. More reasonable Coyote fans must be cringing in embarassment. A few questions for you, Yucksie:
              As the Coyotes "rocket into D-1 at warp speed," will you be leading the drive to convince the Big Red of Nebraska to change their school colors from red and white to reduce confusion over the Little Red in Vermillion?
              Will USD continue to follow SDSU for the next five years or will the state's second largest school try to muster up the courage and leadership ability to try something on its own? Perhaps the SDSU athletic department could send down some used jock straps or sweat socks or something to help the transition.
              Will you allow UND come along for the Coyotes high-speed ride into D-1 or will you be flying by them as well? Could you take the Mav boys with you?
              Finally, how come the Coyote message board is so dang boring? If it wasn't for friendly Jacks fans, there would hardly be anything to read over there. No wonder you spend so much time over here.
              The sad reality is that with SDSU and NDSU gone, few people beyond Vermillion and Grand Forks care much about the NCC. The collapse of the once mighty league has proven that. Unfortunately for the Yotes, top-tier finishes in the last year of a dead league won't mean much. Except maybe to Yucksie. Enjoy the coming season and the next few to come, despite their meaninglessness.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Go easy on SD SUCKS:

I did a little investigating and found that he is growing up without a father in the home. An unfortunate accident took the man at a young age:

We need to feel sorry for the kid and his inability to deal with reality.  His thought processes have not developed properly and were apparently inherited from his fathers side of the family.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
                X