Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Would Winona St Finish in the Summit League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Would Winona St Finish in the Summit League?

Since we all know that most SDSU fans think their you know what doesn't stink and their conference is the best thing since sliced cow patty where do you think one of the best D2 programs would finish in the Summit League. We all know that Winona State and USD would definately be ahead of SDSU but where would Winona State finish?

I have heard way too much talk already about D1 being so superior to D2 but as we all know most D2 conferences are closer competitively to the Summit as the Summit is to the Big 10.

Re: Where Would Winona St Finish in the Summit Lea

Why do you use Winona St. as your example. Hmmmm..... maybe because they are the best DII team not only recently but probably one of the best in the past 50 years.

They are the exception, not the rule. And I'm not even sure they are the exception.

Comment

I vote to eliminate this topic on the grounds that its totally irrelevant and makes the individual who originated it look like a complete idiot. Well, at least the first reason.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
        I vote to eliminate this topic on the grounds that its totally irrelevant and makes the individual who originated it look like a complete idiot. Well, at least the first reason.
        Or, keep it, for the very same reason you cite. Well, at least the second reason.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks for the good laughs, Jackmd and filbert.

Ucks seems to want to pick on the Summit League.  I think I will remember his comments when, in a few years, he'll be begging for an invite to the Summit League for his mite-infested, carrion-eating 'Yotes.

USD basketball team:

Comment

I vote that we try to turn this thread into fifteen pages of mind numbing blather where we all take turns calling out Ucks and he responds with some nonsensical blather about his beloved Yotes even though he fails to realize or admit that Winona State would dominate USD's DI conference...wait, they don't have a conference so that's a moot point.

Good luck trying to rile up the faithful Ucks. Football season is just weeks away so we have to get ready for the Mav bots to reappear and take their shots at the Jacks.

Ucks = JV smacker
            Mav bots = Varsity smackers

Come back when you've learned a thing or to, or not, we prefer not actually.
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

If you want to talk smack, use your own team to do it, hiding behind Winona to talk smack is lame.

But at least get up to date. You're still doing the "D-II is just as good as D-I" line. Not only is it nonsense (D-I is what is known as a "higher level" of competition), it's just plain sour grapes. It's what's said by people who are left behind. Now that USD is planning on making the move to D-I, surely it doesn't make sense any longer to bad-mouth D-I. When you weren't moving up, there is some slight sense to the sour grapes ploy.

Being in the Summit League is a whole lot better than being an independent. If slots open in the Summit League, USD will be stampeding to get in line to apply. Will you still talk smack about the Summit League then?

Oh, and get some better smack. Isn't there a "smack for dummies" book out there?

Comment

I am using Winona to set an example of how far most Jacks fans are living under a rock. Most Jacks fans are so blinded by their D1 status that they don't think clearly. With the team USD has right now they are a middle of the pack Summit League team. USD has mid major talent right now and it's still young and growing. But it is realised talent that has already won together. SDSU's talent is always unrealised talent. NDSU was half the program that either USD and SDSU were so if they can make a few adjustments and have success than I am guessing USD can do so as well. It's not those two schools faults that the SDSU program is so messed up right now.

Last time SDSU was in D2 with a team that was actually pretty good they still lost to USD. Since then SDSU has gotten worse and USD has gotten better. Gosh I wonder who would have the upper hand on the court currently. All you have to do is put two and two together but since so many of you don't think logically my argument is meaningless to you. That is exactly why SDSU fans will be so amazed when they are getting their flicker tails handed to them by the Yotes. SDSU's fans should call themselves extremely lucky over these past few years that they haven't had to play USD because it would have been real ugly for the yellow jerseys.

Comment

Living under a rock... that's rich. With the team USD has right now, they'd be lucky to get 10 wins in Division One!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

The word for today is "witless."

Witless

Pronunciation: 'wit-l&s
                    Function: adjective
                    1 : destitute of wit or understanding : FOOLISH
                    2 : mentally deranged : CRAZY <drive one witless with anxiety -- William Styron>
                    - wit·less·ly adverb
                    - wit·less·ness noun
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If I remember right a few years back we handed Winona a wooping in one of our preseason games. This was the same team that went on to manhandle the NCAA II tourney the following year. Oh yea, we did that with a bunch of low caliber, non athletic, wanna be ball players. Yet we couldnt compete with the dogs down south? Great research by the ankle biter to the south. Ucks...you are what we call a blow hard. Give yourself a couple more ice cream seasons young man and maybe, just maybe you will have a real understanding of the difference in competition between DI and DII.

YOU GRASSHOPPER, ARE IN NEED OF A TRIP TO THE WOOD SHED TO OPEN UP YOUR MIND AS MY FATHER USED TO SAY. :'(

Comment

If you want to make a point about USD, then make use USD to make a point. Winona isn't relevant to USD.

With the team USD has right now they are a middle of the pack Summit League team.
                        That's a strange thing to say. Since USD is not a member of the Summit League, USD can't be a middle of the pack Summit League team.

"Flicker tails"? That's an old name for UND...

You're the one who can't think clearly. You seem to think that USD's move to D-I is going to be a cakewalk. It hardly ever is. USD is going to be an independent for a while. That means few home games for one, as potential opponents have all the leverage. Also, recruiting is tough during the transition. And, despite your denials, it really is a higher level of competition. You're not putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4; you're putting 2 and 2 together and getting 137,215.423

Here's SDSU's records since 1990:

1990-91 ... 24-8 ... Jim Thorson ... NCC Postseason Champion, North Central Regional Runner-Up
                        1991-92 ... 25-8 ... Jim Thorson ... NCC, North Central Regional Champion
                        1992-93 ... 19-12 ... Jim Thorson
                        1993-94 ... 19-8 ... Brad Soderberg
                        1994-95 ... 17-10 ... Brad Soderberg
                        1995-96 ... 24-5 ... Scott Nagy ... NCC Champion, North Central Regional Runner-Up
                        1996-97 ... 25-5 ... Scott Nagy ... NCC, North Central Regional Champion
                        1997-98 ... 26-3 ... Scott Nagy ... NCC Champion, North Central Regional Runner-Up
                        1998-99 ... 17-10 ... Scott Nagy
                        1999-00 ... 21-9 ... Scott Nagy ... North Central Regional Qualifier
                        2000-01 ... 22-7 ... Scott Nagy ... North Central Regional Qualifier
                        2001-02 ... 24-6 ... Scott Nagy ... NCC Champion, North Central Regional Runner-Up
                        2002-03 ... 24-7 ... Scott Nagy ... North Central Regional Qualifier
                        2003-04 ... 27-7 ... Scott Nagy ... North Central Regional Qualifier
                        2004-05 ... 10-18 ...Scott Nagy
                        2005-06 ... 9-20 ... Scott Nagy

Consistent good records at the D-II level, but difficulties in transition. That's normal for a D-II move. The success that NDSU's men's team or SDSU's women's team are not typical. You can't conclude from having a good record in D-II that you will be able to continue the same in the D-I transition.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                          Living under a rock... that's rich. With the team USD has right now, they'd be lucky to get 10 wins in Division One!
                          Yah the defending Conference Championship team. That isn't a very good thing to have on the resume at all.

Comment

Champs from a much weaker conference than the NCC of old. Not only weaker teams, but a weaker schedule as well with no more Fri-Sat games. UND and UNO are not near the teams they had been a short time ago when Glas and McKenna were there. Are you sure your team is better now than it was then... or is it you're about the same and the rest are weaker?

Comment

I guess I have to agree with Ucks on this one.....

If Winona State makes the transistion to DI I would support adding them to the Summit over USD.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                              X