USD already 2 or 3 years ahead of SDSU's pace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD already 2 or 3 years ahead of SDSU's pace

In football USD is already in a mini conference a full year ahead of even being in D1. Notch in the belt for the good old US of D. USD is already at least 2 years ahead of the curve that SDSU was at in football success as well. Coming off a recent NCC title and recently a consistant national contender is something that SDSU accomplished neither of. It took USD 3 years to accomplish what SDSU couldn't do in 40 in becoming a national contender and get a playoff win. Well I guess the Jacks did have one appearance but one where they gained less than 10 total yards or something to that extent. No wonder they haven't gone back since. Why not save the embarrassment of a historicly weak playoff game and just not ever go back again to have to face the same music.

Basketball will be ahead as well with alot of talent that will be going into the D1 transition instead of losing most of the team like the Yellow and Blue. Talent that still hasn't been replaced.

I'll give the SDSU the ladies game but only because the majority of the D1 schools don't care about it anyway. It's easy to compete on a national level when 90% of the programs aren't even cared about on campus.

Re: USD already 2 or 3 years ahead of SDSU's pace

My friends, I am sad to report that our board has a troll infestation.  Apparently their sad little D-II boards can not keep their interests (who can blame them).

I think Ucks is the one in the middle, but it is hard to tell.

Rather then talk about their chances at a watered down NCC title or discussing the grim future they both face (moving to D-I Independent Hell, or moving the lesser D-II conference) on their own pathetic boards they come to our board in a sad attempt to pretend that they are somehow still in our peer group.  They try and feast off the crumbs that fall off our table.

We are trying to correct this problem  .  .  .  

but as most of you know, they are very hard to get rid of.  Not to worry they are completely harmless and occasionally it is fun to watch them squirm around trying soooo hard to remain relevant.

If you come across one don't panic laugh if they amuse you or just ignore them and they will go away.  However, please be warned Trolls hate to be ignored and will ratchet up the nastiness that they post in an attempt to re-engage the higher life forms on the board.  They have proven it time and time again.

Here is a little more information on Trolls for those who may be new to the board:

http://www.flayme.com/troll/

What Is A Troll?
    The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

Why do trolls do it?
    I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.  .  .  .  (read more)

So my friends enjoy our board and be glad the you have not been reduced to this sad state of being.  After all you are part of the Jackrabbit Nation and “It’s a great day to be a Jackrabbit”!  8-)

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
      In football USD is already in a mini conference a full year ahead of even being in D1.  Notch in the belt for the good old US of D.  USD is already at least 2 years ahead of the curve that SDSU was at in football success as well.  Coming off a recent NCC title and recently a consistant national contender is something that SDSU accomplished neither of.  It took USD 3 years to accomplish what SDSU couldn't do in 40 in becoming a national contender and get a playoff win.  Well I guess the Jacks did have one appearance but one where they gained less than 10 total yards or something to that extent.  No wonder they haven't gone back since.  Why not save the embarrassment of a historicly weak playoff game and just not ever go back again to have to face the same music.

Basketball will be ahead as well with alot of talent that will be going into the D1 transition instead of losing most of the team like the Yellow and Blue.  Talent that still hasn't been replaced.  

I'll give the SDSU the ladies game but only because the majority of the D1 schools don't care about it anyway.  It's easy to compete on a national level when 90% of the programs aren't even cared about on campus.    
      I will be polite in my analogy. Opinions are like noses, and everyone has one.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
        I will be polite in my analogy. Opinions are like noses, and everyone has one.
        Some are more like a different body part and are often offensive to one's sense of smell.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I dont believe we played a football game in transistion without conference affiliation. Oh, thats right, we helped form the Great West Conference during our last year in the NCC. UCKS - Another beat down.

Comment

UCKS just can't win! Every piece of smack has been refuted with hard, cold facts.

UCKS, give it up... you're never going to win!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
              UCKS just can't win! Every piece of smack has been refuted with hard, cold facts.

UCKS, give it up... you're never going to win!
              I bring plenty of Cold Hard Facts with an emphasis on COLD from a Jacks fans perspective.

1. No football playoff wins in, what is it over 40 years. How is that disputable.

2. A complete and thorough SDSU basketball meltdown. That is unless SDSU fans are happy with their program and if that's the case that's your loss.

3. A mediocre to slightly above average football program in D2 that can suddenly compete in D1AA (FCS) at a rate that was as successfull as they were in D2 within a 2 to 3 year timeframe. If D1 football is so much better there is no way that a program such as SDSU (who made no fundamental changes to the program) would be able to compete as well as they currently have been competing which is of a mediocre nature, which is par for the course for their programs history. If D1 was so much better the learning curve for a program would be much more than 1 or 2 years which is what NDSU and to a lesser extent SDSU have done. SDSU was competing with and beating many full scholarship teams with fewer scholarships themselves and with an old coach that was never very good at the D2 level. What SDSU has done in the past 2 to 3 years does not make D1 FCS football look like a level that is much higher than D2. It is a slightly higher level. For those that think it's a night and day difference than look in the mirror and tell yourself how a program such as SDSU with no fundamental program changes can compete as fast as they did. To me that supplies near proof that the FCS D1 level is only slightly above D2, or at least the NCC D2.

I am a realist when it comes to USD and their future. I am very happy that USD decided to move up. I have been in favor of it for quite awhile. But I am not going to suddenly turn my nose straight into the air and look down upon D2. Just because USD will be D1 doesn't mean that they are just going to walk all over the D2 teams that play them at the dome. They will walk over them only because of the general good health of the program not simply because they went through a change in classification. As far as D1 vs D2 head to head competition it's very hard to judge because the D1 school is always at home which is a huge advantage in college football. Even at the unfair advantage that D2 has in those head to head matchups in many cases the success isn't all that bad for the D2 schools. I honestly belive that if we played a school like Central Arkansas at the dome the Yotes would win that game by a couple of touchdowns because of the huge home field advantage. The Yotes lose to teams all the time on the road that they crush at home. It's just the nature of the domefield advantage. USD will get their test in 2008 which is only a year away and then the talk can end and the on field and court performance will begin.

Comment

I've read a couple of articles about how the middle school aged kids in Vermillion have been using intoxicants other than alcohol at an alarming rate!

We have identified where they are getting their sniffing glue from!

Ucks, you need to be careful, people watch this board for info like that and they are likely to take away your rights to watch reruns of "Saved by the Bell!"

I also know a few USD grads that hit the glue hard all the way through college and they have turned out to be very unmotivated people with a high sense of entitlement! Very, very sad indeed!

Strive to be better! You can do it and we anxiously await your entrance into puberty or graduation from this drivel, whichever happens first!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Just like in "The Emperor's New Clothes" the Emperor thought he was actually wearing clothes, you think you are actually bringing facts. Plus your not an emperor.

You bring wild assertions, that's all. I don't know if it is even possible to measure your extreme level of arrogance.

SDSU fans aren't looking down their noses at D-II, but the inescapable reality is that D-I is a higher level of competition

Comment

Boy UCKS, you must be some kind of delusional! If it wasn't for the fact that we were in transition, it's good shot we would have qualifed for the playoffs... not D-II, but D-I!

Not only that, we are also going to be in one of the toughest conferences in D-I FCS WITH an automatic qualifer. Oh, and did I mention the Summit League?

I can't wait til UC Davis gets their hands on your football team, they are gonna love you cream-puffs!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

This is blasphamy, I know but believe it or not.........boy this is hard to spit out.........I....think......ucks.....might.....be. ........right... about.... being... ahead... of where... SDSU.... was... at... this... point. BUT ONLY BECAUSE SDSU PAVED THE WAY.

They joined a scheduling alliance....WHICH STATE CREATED and which we vacated for the Summit. They have now joined the GWFC, again, WHICH SDSU helped create and which we vacated for greener pastures. So the reality is they ARE better off then when SDSU started transition. But no thanks to anything they had the courage or the foresight to develope. The have been followers in every respect and UCKS if you have one ounce of integrity you will admit that. The real test is where they go now. Now they are on their own. What conferenc will they join? Not the Summit unless SDSU and NDSU says so. Not the Gateway unless SDSU and NDSU says so.

So the bottomline is, as you acknowledge UCKS, we have indeed given you a headstart, lets see where you go from here.....

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                        Boy UCKS, you must be some kind of delusional! If it wasn't for the fact that we were in transition, it's good shot we would have qualifed for the playoffs... not D-II, but D-I!

Not only that, we are also going to be in one of the toughest conferences in D-I FCS WITH an automatic qualifer. Oh, and did I mention the Summit League?

I can't wait til UC Davis gets their hands on your football team, they are gonna love you cream-puffs!
                        USD at UC Davis, last time they met USD came home with a playoff victory on their way to Florence. I know you will never know where that is or what that means and there is a good reason for that. USD was barely behind SDSU when USD had a horrible football program. USD either really sucks or they are pretty damn good. Now they are in the pretty darn good state and when they are SDSU doesn't beat them. SDSU never get to a point in their program where they scare anyone. Just ask Wisconsin LaCrosse about that.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD
                          This is blasphamy, I know but believe it or not.........boy this is hard to spit out.........I....think......ucks.....might.....be. ........right... about.... being... ahead... of where... SDSU.... was... at... this... point.    BUT ONLY BECAUSE SDSU PAVED THE WAY.    

They joined a scheduling alliance....WHICH STATE CREATED and which we vacated for the Summit.    They have now joined the GWFC, again, WHICH SDSU helped create and which we vacated for greener pastures.   So the reality is they ARE better off then when SDSU started transition.    But no thanks to anything they had the courage or the foresight to develope.    The have been followers in every respect and UCKS if you have one ounce of integrity you will admit that.  The real test is where they go now.   Now they are on their own.  What conferenc will they join?  Not the Summit unless SDSU and NDSU says so.  Not the Gateway unless SDSU and NDSU says so.  

So the bottomline is, as you acknowledge UCKS, we have indeed given you a headstart, lets see where you go from here.....
                          Actually SDSU did not leave for greener pastures they left for closer pastures. The Great West was the highest ranked D1 FCS conference if I recall correctly. Technically SDSU is a pasture so they don't have to go anywhere to get that.

Comment

[quote author=HoboD link=1186122721/0#10 date=1186177251]This is blasphamy, I know but believe it or not.........boy this is hard to spit out.........I....think......ucks.....might.....be. ........right... about.... being... ahead... of where... SDSU.... was... at... this... point.    BUT ONLY BECAUSE SDSU PAVED THE WAY.    

They joined a scheduling alliance....WHICH STATE CREATED and which we vacated for the Summit.    They have now joined the GWFC, again, WHICH SDSU helped create and which we vacated for greener pastures.   So the reality is they ARE better off then when SDSU started transition.    But no thanks to anything they had the courage or the foresight to develope.    The have been followers in every respect and UCKS if you have one ounce of integrity you will admit that.  The real test is where they go now.   Now they are on their own.  What conferenc will they join?  Not the Summit unless SDSU and NDSU says so.  Not the Gateway unless SDSU and NDSU says so.  

Actually SDSU did not leave for greener pastures they left for closer pastures.  The Great West was the highest ranked D1 FCS conference if I recall correctly.  Technically SDSU is a pasture so they don't have to go anywhere to get that.  
                            [/quote]

"....was the highest ranked D1 conference....." are the operative words. Once two top 25 teams leave for the Gateway that wont be true.

Comment

SDSU never get to a point in their program where they scare anyone.
                              Ask McNeese State about SDSU on September 29 when they're handing USD your behinds on a platter.

Last year when we easily beat transitional FCS team Central Arkansas and you lost to them in a shutout, the USD excuse was that SDSU played UCA at home and you played them on the road. (My best guess for the reason behind USD's loss: UCA is a pretty darned good team, home or away.) So, McNeese should be a better barometer, right? We beat McNeese at Lake Charles last year and I'll be stunned if USD plays them within 21.

Try going to Louisiana two weeks in a row and coming out with two wins against quality FCS programs (Nicholls State and McNeese), then talk to SDSU about respect. Or, try beating UC Davis two out of three times. How about a win at Cal Poly? Once USD does those kinds of things at the next level, and I think they will pretty soon, then talk to us about respect.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X