X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Message

This is just a test.

Re: First Message

Outstanding Tony. Does anyone have info on when jacks start football camp?

Comment

Tony;
      I will say in Norwegian: Tusen takk (A thousand thank you's) for getting the board up and running.

I believe the fall camp starts August 10 or 11th. On D2 football one of the Northwest Mo fans said their fall camp started August 10th and since thats the first opponent and in accordance with NCAA rules, SDSU should start the same day.

I attended an SDSU Alumni Association golf outting in Volga on June 6th.  I got to ride around the course with one of the assistant coaches.  This year this coach in particular seemed very upbeat about the season this fall. They did have a very good spring camp. Two Juco transfers were part of the camp and they seemed to adapt pretty good.  

Brad Nelson will be the rookie QB in terms of playing time, but he was Fjeldheims back up for two years. Brad knows the system and should be ready to continue the passing offense in the same manner as Fjeldheim. Also the red shirt freshman from Algona, Iowa, Andy Kardoes had a great spring camp and they feel they have an excellent back up for Brad Nelson. We will see as the season goes along and there is some possiblity that Andy could move up to No 1.

For a very young coach, Erick Eidness has come a long ways in designing offensive plays and having two QB ready to go gives you offensive options depending on who the opponent is. If the O line supports both guys, then its a win-win situation.

I suspect there will be more passing than running. Walter Dosh, who I thought would resemble Josh Ranek in running yards left school and went back to Green Bay Wisc.  Jim Oneill from Tunthill, SD out by Gregory I believe came to SDSU as a baseball player. Oniel has quickness, but was injuried in the Western Washington game last year, Oneill is listed as the No 1 RB.  Also Rodney Francois, Naples Fla, was moved from offense to defense two season ago, and now has been moved back to offense. Rodney is a good athlete, but has had injury problems that go back to High school. He had some opportunities at D1 until, he got hurt in High School. The last two recruiting classes has had included talent at CB and SS, so Rodney was not needed as much on that side of the ball.

In one of the spring games on WNAX, Coach Stieg was in the booth and he said that Rodney made is first trip to Brookings on a Greyhound bus, and has worked very hard in the classroom. If he can stay healthy one more season, we will have another back up at RB.

Defensively we have a bunch of starters back, and the corp of WR's will be growing in experience, so there is reason to be optmistic about 2003.

The NWMSU game will be a big test for the Jacks. We hope can claim a win here. It would be a big one in terms of D2 rankings.

Comment

SDSU FAN. Do you have any information on what happended to John Croyle. He was a Redshirt Freshman
        Quarterback out of Plymouth,MN and noticed he is no longer on the roster. Big kid 6'5 and was highly touted in the Twin Cities.

Comment

Guys,

I am so pumped that we have our own board. Thanks again Tony. I look forward to hearing from you all.

GO STATE!!! ;D

Comment

I know nothing of John Croyle, but it sounds like we lost some one who could make a difference.

Comment

Glad to see that there is now an SDSU site. I hope more Jack fans register.

Comment

Working...
              X