X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Football Schedule

Does anyone have information on Football schedule for
    2004. I assume lots of discussions with the potential
    other suitor for the potential new football league.

Re: SDSU Football Schedule

Jackguy:
    I do know NWMSU, Western Oregan and Winona are home and home so they will be on the Schedule. Humbolt State is a one game deal, they coming to Brookings Nov 16th. Humbolt is not that great, and lets see how they do in the snow.

From what Keith told me, the rest appears to be work in progress. Plus, what we do with the NCC will tell you what is next in 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
      Jackguy:
      I do know NWMSU, Western Oregan and Winona are home and home so they will be on the Schedule. Humbolt State is a one game deal, they coming to Brookings Nov 16th. Humbolt is not that great, and lets see how they do in the snow.

From what Keith told me, the rest appears to be work in progress. Plus, what we do with the NCC will tell you what is next in 2004.
      Does anyone know how many D II teams can we play next year if we announce the move to D I/I AA?

Comment

In the transition period, I think there is flexibity. Since 2004 would been the first year, I think we are okay with the three D2 schools. I dont think they would have made the 3 home and home contracts if this was to be a problem in meeting D1AA criteria.  All three are fairly decent D2 programs, especially NWMSU.

I hope that some of the Gateway schools such as Western Illionis and Northern Iowa will start showing up in 2004 and beyond. Scheduling as well finding a conference will take some time and effort.

Comment

UNC has Augie, Mankato, Western Colo and Western Washington on their schedule and thats 4 D2 schools for UNC'S first season as a D1AA. So apparently that not a problem.

Also UCD has some D2 on their schedule as well. I am thinking maybe 3 or 4.

Comment

One of the articles I read hinted that we have some of the "Great Western"* teams on next years schedule. Does anyone know which ones? I would guess NDSU and UNC for sure. Do we have anyone besides schools from the "Great Western"* for 2004? I know I am jumpping the gun a little bit, but I want to talk about something other then what the "want to be"s think of us.

Go State!

* proposed league

Comment

UC-Davis has an open date on Sept 18, we may have a shot at filling that one. We will probably have to get Western Oregan to come to Brookings at a later date.

We will not be obligated to have any NCC games, so I suspect they are going to try and get the new conference members in before filling the remainder with the NCC. I think thats what UNC did this year.

Comment

Working...
              X