Football Season is almost here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Season is almost here!

I just got my 2003 BCA Classic tickets in the mail.  I love early college games that count.  University of California vs Kansas State, August 23!   ;D

Go SDSU!
    Go K-State!

Re: Football Season is almost here!

Football season is here! Its game day for Kansas State vs Cal, and Grambling State vs SJSU. Two weeks until the Jacks kick off. I love football! ;D

Go SDSU!
    Go K-State!
    Go Grambling State (I AA vs I A)!

Comment

While Jack Basketball is my primary focus I'm planning on
      taking a more active interest in Football this year including getting to more games in person vs listening on the radio. I understand there is now tailgaiting on the West Side of the stadium. I think this is a way to encourage more fans to come and enjoy the games. I wonder what else SDSU has in store to gain more fans to football games beyond special event such as Beef Bowl and Hobo Day. I agree with a previous post that mentioned that Game Day has to become an event for every home game. Would like to see more advertising in print,radio and TV. The game always has to be the main entertainment, but we need to find other innovative ways to get more fans to the game.

Comment

Jackguy

The organized tailgating is north of the staduim in that they now have tents and they plan on music and kids things for the Cereal Bowl on Sept 6. John Stiegelmeier and his wife is to host the bbq inside one of those tents.
        I got a letter about that. Before we got the lights, after the first game, the head coach and his wife hosted a deal at the Brookings Country Club. I like that as you got a chance to visit with people and bug the coach about his strategy.

I sure you noticed that the west side parking is now paved, that happen about two years ago. Other than trying to make it a family affair on the north side, there has not been too many changes. There are tailgating sections north as well, that are on grass.

More restrooms were added two years ago which has been needed for a long time.

According to the 2003 media guide that is on the offical website in Adobe format, there is to be a football complex to be built in the end zone and does not say which one but I believe it to be the south where the current dressing room now stands one stands. The complex is to have classrooms, offices, new training and dressing rooms. Most of these things I thought was going to be part of the Wellness Center. You wonder how much room is there at either end for all this good stuff as this sounds to be a sizable building.

I must admit thought there proabably is more room than the eye can see from the west stands.

I have no idea whats going on here and the blue print that was drawn up in 1993 for the staduim and Wellness Center apparently is not going to be followed or if it is, its been amended significantly. I hope there will be permanent seating on the east side. Fred told me that the plan was to move the boosters and season ticker holders to the east side. The students and visitors would take over the west side. The sun give more warmth to the east side in late fall which supposely was the purpose in doing this seating switch. The Wellness center was to provide skyboxes and I dont know if that is still in the works. I would think the skyboxes and corporate sponsors kind of go together hand in hand.

So its hard to say what going to happen next.

Comment

Good stuff. There is a mention in the Minneapolis paper today that Govenor Rounds has requested an RFP from the Vikings for a potential bid for a yet tbd site in South Dakota to host Training Camp. I think Brookings would be a great site, but they would need to excelarate some of these projects. Being an SDSU grad I would think the Govenor is thinking Brookings, but would certainly be a long shot as McCombs is looking for someone to subsidize the camp.

Comment

Oh yeah I dont think Rounds is thinking Vermillion nor Sioux Falls. Gov Rounds wants to help SDSU any way he can.
            When Daly was coach they were working on attracting an NFL franchise then, but that kind of fell off the screen. So now that there is a chance, that good news and its probably more effective when the Gov is doing the talking on SDSU's behalf.

Comment

You mentioned McComb wants a subsidy, I dont follow the Vikings very close so I assume McComb is the owner or GM. Something like this( NFL Training Camp) would bring people to SD and Brookings to spend money. The City and State may have some economic development money that could be put on the table and maybe that is what has got Rounds moving in the direction of an offer. I just speculating here, but I think they do have money to attract tourism and this could be one way of spending it.

Comment

If you have not gone to the Jacks website and reviewed the 2003 Media Guide you should as it's very detailed with coaches and players pictures and profiles. Living in Minnesota I have heard a lot about Anthony Watson the Redshirt Freshman out of Worthington who could get a lot of reps at running back.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Just got back from the K-State vs Cal. game. It was sooo hot that it almost didn't feel like football, but football season is here! ;D

JACKGUY, good heads up on the media guide. I looked at it for a little bit and you are right it looks good.
                  I am also glad to here you are going to take a bigger interest in football. As you can tell I love football, but I also love basketball. As you know it is much easier to be a Jacks fan come hoops time. Hopefully, someday our football team can get to that same level. I believe we have plans in place to help get us there. At least I hope.

Go SDSU!

Comment

Its GAMEDAY everyone! ;D The 2003 SDSU Jackrabbit Football Season is finally here!

Lets Go Rabbits!

Comment

Working...
                    X