Bison vs Griz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison vs Griz

Does anyone think the Bison can beat the Griz this year? It will be interesting to see how the Bison do, and then how we do againt them. I think the Bison have too many question marks to take them this year, but I will be pulling for them.

Re: Bison vs Griz

1963Jack. I've had the opportunity to speak with Coach Bohl, twice. He is a very committed and confident guy. He looks one straight in the eye. He has admitted to holding the lid on a certain secret. I think the Bison are going to explode, starting up the season. I look for a toss-up game and win or lose, a lot of frustration for grizzly fans. Good luck to Jacks v. Missouri.

Comment

I think it would be tough for the Bison to come out on top this year. Your Coach Bohl is also saying to be patient and that's not unrealistic, because coming off a 2-8 season playing true freshman, some who left and then having to bring in JUCO's its hard to have a fine tuned and oiled machine running in two to three weeks into the season.

Then add to that scholarship differential. I saw both SDSU games with the Griz in 1988 and 1993. In 1993 we caught them sleeping and blew a 38-7 lead and lost by a TD in the fourth quarter.

In 1988 we  did not have much spark at all but at times, Ted Wahl and JD  Berreth started to connect and we made our passing game work against their defense.

I know we put  some hard licks on them. In one of the games 1988,  their starting QB was knocked out for the season.

So the chances the Bison have for a win this year are not good. Next year getting the Griz in Fargo, the chances for a win are very good with the home crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by bisononce
        1963Jack. I've had the opportunity to speak with Coach Bohl, twice. He is a very committed and confident guy. He looks one straight in the eye. He has admitted to holding the lid on a certain secret. I think the Bison are going to explode, starting up the season. I look for a toss-up game and win or lose, a lot of frustration for grizzly fans.   Good luck to Jacks v. Missouri.
        bisononce,

Thank you for your well wishes.  Win or lose I hope you do give the Griz a good game.  You would frustrate the heck out of them.  I have been on their board and they need a little frustration and humility.  To hear them tell it, they are a half step down from Miami or Ohio St. (if that much).  You would also think they are from the east or west cost the way they talk about us.  Seems to me they have a lot in common with us. I remember a time when we used to play them reg. Now they act like they are to good for us. I sure SDSU basketball team could beat them more often then not right now.  So I will say it again.  Good Luck Bison, Beat the Griz.

Comment

1963Jack

You noticed that arrogance on the Egriz board too. The two times I went to Missoula were enjoyable and the people were kind and if you wear South Dakota apparell in the shopping mall, the South Dakota transplants will often take time to greet you. Most of their fans are no different than SDSU fans. They love to win too. They have invested a great deal in extra seating since the last time I was their in 1993. There staduim has 22,000 seating and looks to be a rather intimidating place to play football. When you drive up to the staduim, you wonder where are the bleachers. What they have done and it impossible at Couglin is to dig down and into the side of a hill so most of the seating is below the parking surface.

Maybe at Coughlin some thing like this will happen and the trip to the flatlands by the Griz will be more memorable than going to Orano Maine. Some of their fans would rather go to Maine than come to the Dakotas.

Comment

Many of guys on their board are very nice. Ronbo comes to mind. They do have a few that also get carried away. All in all it is a fun board, it does floor me how they think they are above us in every way. Some of them think because they have a Calf. school (Sac. St.) in the Big Sky that they are Calf. Cool. 8) At the end of the day the folks in Montana are much more like the good folks of the Dakotas. I will give them their due, they have a GREAT football program, one I would like to copy. That being said I like the Rabbit's chances on the Hardwood, both Men's and Women's.

Lets Go Rabbits!

Comment

Kinda surprised that more Bison havn't spoken up on this issue. Why do you think they are so silent, I see them on the board (at the bottom) checking things out pretty regularly? I hope they feel confortable posting on our board, because we do on theirs.

Go Dakota State Schools!

Comment

Sure we are comfortable posting here!!  I think that if the right things come together the game in Missoula will be a lot closer that the Mighty Griz can imagine.  Personally, I would love to whip thier sheep chasin' asses ;D.   Seriously, I don't think we will realy have a good idea how the Bison have been "healed" from the misguided Babich era until the Tusculum game.  If the Bison can pound Tusculum, I think we have a shot at the Griz.  If Tusculum is a close game...the game is Missoula may be a long game.  Check out my post on egriz.com.  I just put one on there that will probably get them frothing at the mouth again since they hate to hear from the Bison.... ;D  And.....having attended college at Bozeman as well as NDSU (from which I graduated)....Go Bobcats!!  (Now that really hacks off the Griz fans...... 8))

Comment

I'm going to pulling for the Bison like never before in the Montana game, Nothing will get the "mighty" Griz's attention faster than to get knocked around by NDSU. That will be a tall order this year, but I think in a couple years, both SDSU and NDSU will give them all they want.
                  Go Jacks
                  Go Bison

Comment

WYOBISONMAN,

I think you broke the egriz board with your post. It must have been really good.

I just saw some Sac. State fans saying the Griz #1 QB, Ochs, has a high ankle sprain and will be out for 10 days up to a few weeks. If true, this is unfortunate for Ochs and the Griz, but it may help the Bison hang with the Griz. Disney (Montana's backup QB) has not been as consistent or impressve as Ochs has been in practice.

Comment

Welcome bisonguy! Thanks for the post. You never want to see a player hurt, and Ochs has had his share. However a little practice missed would be good news for you. Good Luck Bison, I will be pulling for you.

Comment

I read on some of the other threads, that Och's ankle is very swollen and it could be weeks. A guy named Disney is his back up and if he goes down, it means pulling a redshirt off a true freshman.  Apparently they are a little thin at QB.

Comment

Yea on I-AA.org one of the Griz said he will dress for Maine but will not play.

Comment

I never enjoy seeing any player get injured, but the Bison will need every bit of help they can get. If it is a high ankle sprain, it can take over a year to fully heal it.

Best of luck to the Jacks vs. NWMSU!

Comment

The more I read from Griz fans on other boards the more I think Disney will be starting against you. If that is the case his back up with be a Freshman that Montana was going to red shirt this year, Justin Hartmen. He is a 6' 1" 190lbs, that is about all I know.

Comment

Working...
                              X