UNI playing Jacks on National TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI playing Jacks on National TV

Its Thursday night and the University of Northern Iowa is playing the Jacks on national TV right now.  Ok, ok it is the Stephen F. Austin University Lumberjacks (Cheerleader Uniforms say JACKS) but they are on Fox Net TV and are one of two games going out to the nation.  Texas A&M vs Virginia Tech on ESPN is the other.   Think about the exposure for those Universities.  It is like a three hour commercial.  Who knows in a few years maybe it can be UNI vs SDSU on Fox Net.  Would that be of benefit to the University?  I say YES!   ;D Think about it all you FES people out there.  Don't forget these are the same UNI Panthers that were once our NCC rivals.

Go SDSU, I AA all the way!

Re: UNI playing Jacks on National TV

Final Score UNI 38 SFA 24.  A much more entertaining game then Texas A&M vs Virginia Tech.  One more piece of triva, Stephen F. Austin's last game was this past Saturday and they lost to Southern Utah University one of the schools that would be in SDSU's new I AA conference, The Great Western, if it comes into being.

Go SDSU!

Comment

Thanks for that post 89, I watched the UNI- SFA game last night also. I had it on Fox Sports Net-South. I didnt realize that game was broadcast nationwide, or at least to the greater Kansas City area. That was a good game. I was thinking the same as you about the exposure that SDSU would get with a broadcast like that. Fox broadcasts a lot of Southland Conf. games throughout the seasons (basketball & football). Hopefully SDSU & NDSU can look forward to these apperances in the future.
      Texas

Comment

I watched it on Fox Net Midwest. Fox Net had the game on 3 of the 4 Fox Nets that my cable system gets (didn't have it on the Fox Net that has Australian rules football, and European Premier Soccer Leauges etc.) I also chatted with a guy in Indianapolis and another from Ohio that watched the game. So my guess is it was national. It would be great for the whole University to get that kind of exposure! Lets hope it happens soon!

Go SDSU!

Comment

Working...
        X