Western Oregon University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Oregon University

Its time to get ready for our next test. Who has the inside scope this week? So far a couple of close wins for the Wolves. 23-22 (2 OT) win on the road over Humboldt State (a team that went 1-10 last year, I think) and a 23-20 (OT) win at home over Western Washington. Hard to say how good they are, but we better be ready.

Go SDSU, beat WOU!

Re: Western Oregon University

Lots of starters back from last years team. 8 on offense and 8 on defense. Here is a link to the WOU site regarding this week's game.

http://www.wouwolves.com/fb/releases...2003weekly.htm

Go State Go!

Comment

Very difficult to predict how this game will go. With the tragic loss of a fellow teammate, and a long trip, who knows how our team will respond. It looks like we may be a little more talented, and Western Oregon doesnt have our pedigree. but, until game time there are too many questions on this one. Pretty sad week for us, its hard for me to get excited about football for a while.

Comment

Ok, it is prediction time. I think the boys are going to bounce back (on both fronts). SDSU 31 WOU 13.

Go Jacks!

Comment

JACKS bouce back from loss, take it to the Western Oregon players.
          SDSU 42
          WOU18

Comment

Has anyone heard how many fans are making the trip west? I know its a long way. but I'm sure we will have some. I've been to that area, and it is beautiful. It would be a fun trip to make. I will be making a few trips west in the future to watch us play after we move up next year.

Comment

Texas Jack Fan:
              If I not being only 90 days away from retirement, I would be going. I will instead listen in on WNAX.  I just found this on the Offical Website. I sounds like Fred will be making a pitch before the game.  We had a bunch of alums turnout for the Western Wash game.  There were faces you dont see in Brookings, because these people live and work on the west coast. I think for Fred to make an appearence and maybe a pitch about D1, will be helpful, especially if its the younger alums that show up:
              Now we are cooking.

Jackrabbit Pre-game Party vs. Western Oregon University

DESCRIPTION:
              Jackrabbit fans can meet for food, fun and prizes before the SDSU vs. Western Oregon University football game 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon. Fans and their guests will be able to talk with SDSU Athletic Director Fred Oien in the Red Lion Hotel's Jefferson Room. Price per person is $8.50 which includes fancy chef's sandwiches and chips. A cash bar will also be available. Please RSVP to the SDSU Alumni office by Sept. 16.

To get to the Red Lion Hotel (3301 Market St. NE), take Interstate 5 and the Market Street Exit (256).

Game tickets are available at the Western Oregon University Stadium Gate.

I am thinking the guys will want to win this one for Donnie.
              SDSU 35
              WOU 7

Comment

Its Game Day! ;D Always the best day of the week. Especially true this week. Good Luck to our Jackrabbits! I will be out and about until kick off, don't forget we have a late start today 3 PM Central, but then I will be at my computer listening to our friends at WNAX. Lets go Rabbits!

Go SDSU, beat Western Oregon!

Comment

WOU, is going to have to go with their back-up QB. He is a Red Shirt Freshmen. Starter broke a bone in the last game. You never like to hear of an injury, but this should help the Jacks.

Go State!

Comment

Sounds like a good Jackrabbit turnout in Monmouth Oregon. The WNAX guys said it might be 50/50 (Stadium only holds 2,500). Way to go Jack Fans! ;D

Go State!

Comment

Sloppy first half, lots of mental mistakes. Special teams have looked awful. Huge play by the D right before half (John Perry 65 yrd Int for TD) to save our butts. We should have put these guys away by now. At the half SDSU 20 WOU 10.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Start of the 4th Qtr. SDSU 34 WOU 10. That is what I am talking about. 8) Andy Kardoes 6-3 210 RS Freshmen QB form Algona, IA is getting a chance to play, it is his Jackrabbit debut.

Go SDSU!

Comment

Final SDSU 37 Western Oregon 10! Nice second half! ;D

Go State!

Comment

Good win for the Jacks, pretty sloppy (probably should have been 55-10) but you have to be happy about a 37-10 victory. WOU sounded like a pretty good team coming in. Next week we have to be a lot sharper, NDSU wont let us get by with the mistakes we made today. nice to hear we had about half the fans 1800 miles from Brookings. Time to get ready for the Bison !!!!
                            GO STATE

Comment

Looks like SDSUFAN won the predictions, good job, you said 35-7 (37-10) Thats pretty close, so whats everyone think about next week ??

Comment

Working...
                              X