Northwest Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Missouri State

Northwest Missouri State is picked #1 by MIAA coaches poll.  Looks like we will have a strong test coming out the gate.  I would love to beat these guys at our place, they are very arrogant.  It would also be nice payback for the basketball game last year with their homer refs.

Lets Go Rabbits!

Re: Northwest Missouri State

89 rabbit:
    NWMSU has been quality since the Platte South Dakota native Mel TJermsma arrived. Here is a guy that can make good football players out of average and below average guys. Its unfortunate that he got his masters at NWMSU and not SDSU, otherwise he may have applied when Haensel and Daly left. From I been told he loves Maryville and has had offers and turned him down. He graduated from USD-Springfield or Southern State Teachers college now a prison. He had a good record in a small college in Texas and really comes across in a mild fashion in post game interviews. Tjermsma is pushing towards 60 so it will be interesting to see what happens when he retires.

The fans over on D2Football have said that the Bearcats do not have much of a running game. I understand those two Rector brothers from texas have unbelievable speed at Wide Receiver. The big break for us is their QB
    graduated and they too will have a rookie QB coming into that first game. Something tells me that Kevin Brown should drink a lot of water that day as, he will be doing a lot running keeping those Rector boys covered.

Comment

Well the pre-season polls are out and NWMSU is ranked no worse then #5 in the country.  The boys will need to put their chinstraps on tight if we want to get out of the gate 1-0. Glad we have them at home. 

Good Luck Rabbits!

Comment

If you go to Bearcatblitz.com, and look at the depth chart, offense, their lineman are big and are juniors and seniors, so I dont know how experienced they are but they have beef on the front line. If these guys can hold their blocks, it could be a long night providing their rookie QB lights up in his first game. I dont expect them to run much, but that could be their surprise too.

Comment

Interesting stuff on the Bearcats at D II Football.com.

http://www.d2football.com/Stories/2003harlinmiaa.html

Go Jacks, beat the Bearcats!

Comment

More NWMSU info:

http://stjoenewspress.1upsoftware.co...rticleID=43977

Go SDSU beat NWMSU!

Comment

Latest D2Football.com poll:

http://www.d2football.com/Top25Poll/index.html

NWMSU is #3, however D2Football tends to be a little bias towards MIAA schools.

Go State, beat NWMSU

Comment

Went to the NWMSU board, their Omaha Alumni are bringing a bus. I am also sure many will make the drive from Missouri. They should bring a nice crowd. Lets make the trip back long for them.

Go State!

Comment

More stuff on the Bearcats.  They picked their QB sort of, they are going to let them both play. I think it is good news for us with our DB we should be able to keep them off balance. With them both playing hopefully they won't be able to get in the flow. Here is a site for more Bearcat info:

http://www.bearcatblitz.com/

Go SDSU!

Comment

Both the O-Line and the D-Line for NWMSU are a little thin. Hopefully we can exploit that for a win on Saturday. Its Game week everyone! Lets FIRE UP!!!

Go Jacks!

Comment

I've got the web audio up. Hey, if NDSU can knock off Montana there, then certainly SDSU can take Northwest Missouri at Coughlin...
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks get a NWMSU turnover! Turn back a scoring threat. Still 0-0 in the first quarter . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Touchdown Rabbits! 35-yard reception and run by Josh Davis. 7-0.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

And an NW fumble on their first possession after the SDSU TD!
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

TOUCHDOWN! Solomon Johnson from Brad Nelson, 45-yard pass on the first play after the fumble. 14-0.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X