USD and Augustana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD and Augustana

How does the in-state competition look this year? Has anyone heard anything about USD and Augie? I have heard that USD will be miserable again and that Augie will be young. Does anyone else have insights about the Yotes and Vikes?

Re: USD and Augustana

I really dont have anything but my inclinations. Augie will be out to beat us any way they can. The fact that SDSU will be moving to D1AA causes them to put more into winning then maybe they normally would.

USD seems to be in rut, but we will see. The turnover in coaching staff kind puts them back a notch.

I would excpect both games to be very close, and I hope we have the larger number on the scoreboard at the end of the game.

Comment

For those who may not have visited the USD website here is the link to the football section.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/football/

USD spring game was apparently scored and the red won over the white 24-7. Sean McLauglin, is the RS qb and may be better than the one they had in the past.
      He had about 147 yards on passing.

Comment

Here is the link to Augustana in case you have not been there:

http://www.augie.edu/athletics/football/football.html

Augie lost the two lineman Kinder and Keyser to graduation, but the defensive player Neuman is back for one more year. There guys got more recognition in the NCC All conference then what the Jacks got, but I guess you cant deny that these guys were good players.

Comment

I went to the USD site and the picture in the upper left had corner was Dan Fjeldheim eluding a tackel. It made me laugh. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Rabbit Joe
            How does the in-state competition look this year?  Has anyone heard anything about USD and Augie?  I have heard that USD will be miserable again and that Augie will be young.  Does anyone else have insights about the Yotes and Vikes?  
            Jack Rabit Joe,

I have been meaning to say welcome and thanks for the posts. When you get a chance take a couple of minutes to register and become a full fledged member of the Family. 8)

Go Blue!

Comment

I don't see USD being as miserable as last year. They are better this year at almost every position especially at recievers and QB. The defense should be a little tougher than it was last year. The biggest question is the RB position, i've heard that the staff is hoping that one of the freshman RB's will be able to come in and play right away which isn't a good sign. I don't feel that even the team last year was that miserable because they did blow a couple of games that could have easily been the other way. I suppose they won a couple of games that could have easily gone the other way too i guess.

Comment

It was only a matter of time before one of you got in. : Thanks for the update, stop back again sometime.

Comment

The Argus Leader did their 2003 Kick-off page. Here is what they thought of the "area" schools. To hear them tell it you would thing Augustana was the NCC polls pick to win it all. : Nice homer reporting.

http://www.argusleader.com/kickoff2003.shtml

SDSU the Pride of South Dakota!

Comment

While we (SDSU & NDSU) were pulling off big upsets, here is what the other two schools were doing.

USD 34
                    Concordia-St. Paul 28 :-/

Augie 21
                    Northern State 28 :'(

Go SDSU, the Biggest and the BEST!

Comment

From the Argus on their beloved Augie:

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Sundayarticle4.shtml

To bad vikings. :'(

Go SDSU!

Comment

Just for the record, USD drew 2500 to the Dakota Dome. SDSU had about 8700, who has the problem with Athletic programs? Certainly not SDSU.

Comment

USD's hunt for an AD made the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Th...article1.shtml

They say that want their new AD to focus more on the business side of the job.  Judging from the size of their opening day crowd he/she will have their work cut out for them.  Once in place, maybe USD will have enough hot dogs when State comes to town.   ;D

SDSU, the biggest and the best!

Comment

The new AD will not be in place when SDSU plays in Vermillion for football, so it gives him just one time in February to fix the Hotdog problem.  What the SDSU AD told me at the tailgate, after 2004 if we play USD or Augie, it will always be in our house as we will be buying the game or paying a guarentee.  No way will SDSU be going to Vermillion.  Sioux Falls, maybe but if you are playing D2 school why would it be home and home? When Montana came to Brookings a long time ago, they were D2, but we got a good guarentee in 1988 and 1993 when we played in Missoula.

Comment

How about this USD loses to Wisc-Lacrosse. 28-24 a D3 school on the road. There is a USD fan over on D2Football.com who thought they should not only be rated, but declared National Champs since they won two games in a row. what a joke. Augustana got by anothe D3 37-20 so I dont know how big of a win that is , but if they could not blow Southwest out of the air then they are sucking wind too. Upward and onward to D1AA.

Comment

Working...
                              X