North Dakota State University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Dakota State University

Its Bison week and the start of the NCC schedule. So lets get started early. So far the Bison look like the Bison of old. We are going to need to play our tails off to beat them. They are a little thin at the D-Line that gives me hope that Anthony Watson can have a big day. I also agree with SDSUFAN our D will need to step up and take some balls away. Lets build on this win and Beat the Bison in Fargo!

Go Blue!

Re: North Dakota State University

We will have to play great. NDSU is going to want to avenge last weeks loss to the Cal Aggies. Fargo Dome will be rockin, It will be the kind of game that will send us both off to D1AA in style. Like I just predicted over on Bisonville, Jacks step up, play the game of the year, win on a late FG 27-24 (In order for this to happen, we will have to cut down on the mental mistakes and penalties that we had against WOU, the D should keep this game close)

Comment

I realize NDSU has added a lot of players have a new coaching staff, and pulled off a big upset of Montana, buts let remember we manhandled them last year and I think the Jacks have pretty darn good team. We should be 3-0 if not for a way to conservative approach in which we kicked field goals at 4th and one inside the 10 twice and some questionable calls that brought back two touchdowns. I for one think we will go into Fargo and play well next week. Will we win, I don't know but I would not be surprised and am not ready to annoit the Bison as the NCC champs yet!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUY
        I realize NDSU has added a lot of players have a new coaching staff, and pulled off a big upset of Montana, buts let remember we manhandled them last year and I think the Jacks have pretty darn good team. We should be 3-0 if not for a way to conservative approach in which we kicked field goals at 4th and one inside the 10 twice and some questionable calls that brought back two touchdowns. I for one think we will go into Fargo and play well next week. Will we win, I don't know but I would not be surprised and am not ready to annoit the Bison as the NCC champs yet!
        JACKGUY I agree with you 100% that we should be 3-0, and I don't want to annoit the Bison NCC champs just yet. However, it has been along time since we won in Fargo. They had an extra week to rest and prepare for us. I think it is going to be a great game and I think it will be close. Jacks 30 Bison 28.

Go Blue!

Comment

How did you guys loose to Winona? I didn't really see much on that game.

Coach Bohl will have the Bison ready for the Jacks this week. I hope that we come to play in the first half though. I actually think we will win big. I think it will be a rather high scoring game, something like 35-17 NDSU.

Comment

Bison_Kent,

If you want to find out about Winona, please see the Winona thread, we have covered it in great detail. As far as a big NDSU win, we will see, I don't think so. Should be a great game, it will go along way in determining the NCC championship. I wish it was in Brookings this year, for that matter I wish any of our early games was in Brookings. 4 in a row on the road is tough. Go Jacks, beat the Bison!

Go SDSU!

Comment

Last time I saw the Jackrabbits in Fargo, they pretty much scored at will.

NDSU has improved a lot since last year but I'm not sure that the defense is that much better than it was two years ago.

It really seems like every part of the team has improved from last year though. The defensive line and QB are where you'll probably notice the most change - particularily if Summerville plays.

Comment

Has anyone heard how many fan busses they are taking to Fargo. I've decided to drive up from the cities. I hope we have a good crowd to support the Jacks.

Comment

I was looking at some numbers and statistically things look good for SDSU. We have scored more points and allowed fewer then NDSU. We have more first downs, more rushing yards (on fewer carries), tons more passing yards (NDSU 531, SDSU 937), so the Total offense looks like this NDSU 311 SDSU 451.

The one area that concerns me is penalties. NDSU has 21, while we have 30. The Yards are also lopsided 179 yards against for NDSU and 230 for SDSU. We need to put a stop to the mental mistakes.

The defensive numbers are almost mirror images of each other (Total Offense Allowed NDSU 314.3 SDSU 314.0) and I am ok with that. I would love to have our offense be the key factor!

Go Jacks!

Comment

Statistics are just that...Statistics...Your per game statistics mean didly squat. They might mean something had NDSU and SDSU played the same oponents up to this point, but they haven't. In essence, with your statiscal comparisons per game you are trying to compare apples and oranges. I prefer to let it all play out on the field and leave it on that...that way there are no biases involved and no flawed analysis.

Comment

NDSUFan,

Simmer down.  I was just pointing out some interesting facts.  I guess you have never seen a Football Board.  Here is how they work.  People bring up interesting facts and then make comparisons and assertions.  We do that on this boards otherwise the posts would look like this.

Subject:  North Dakota State University

That would be it.  Not a lot of fun.   If you want to play in the reindeer games  feel free.  Just try and not be such a hater.  Its only football and we will decide the winner on the field.  Just like last year in Brookings.  SDSU 25 NDSU 20!   ;D

Go Jackrabbits

Comment

89rabbit, here's an interesting little fact for you, since 1964, NDSU is 34-5 against SDSU.

On paper, SDSU looks strong, we'll just have to see how it all plays out on Saturday night. Good luck the rest of the way, but when the dust settles on Saturday night, I'm thinking the new stat will read 35-5 since 1964. But that's just my take....but I really wish you guys would have taken care of WSU a few weeks ago. I'd love to see both of us in the playoffs come the end of November. It still could happen, but it's a long shot now.

Comment

Now that is what I am talking about. However I have to say slow down MN_Bison, don't right off our playoff chances just yet. There is an old saying about counting your chickens before they are hatched. We are both 2-1, and although our loss to Winona St. is unfortunate, at the end of the year 10-1 and NCC champs will get us in! 8)

Looking forward to a good game on Saturday. I too want to see us both have a great last Season in D II. Then it is off to I AA land. At that point we will have to start the scoreboard over again at 0-0. No more 34-6 talk. Nice post MN_Bison.

Go SDSU! ;D 25-20 ;D

Comment

89rabbit,

I guess I was thinking you'd finish 9-2 at best after the Bison drop a big L on the Jacks. 8) 9-2 could still get a team in, especially this year. Heck, 9-2 could win the conference this year the way things look so far. So I guess I wasn't saying you guys were done or that we were automatically in, but if one takes a look back, I think you could find a lot of 9-2 teams that didn't go to the playoffs. Good luck on Saturday and if you're coming to Fargo for the game, don't forget to bring some cups to put your beverage of choice into since the fun police are going to be out and about.

Comment

The Jacks have a brutal schedule to open the year with 4 of the first 5 on the road. We play UNO on the road next week and then finish with 5 of the last 6 at home. I think if we can even split and get a win over either NDSU or UNO we have a good chance of running the table with the balance of our schedule. The only road game after UNO is at USD and not exactly an intimidating place for us to play and get a win. I think USD showed their true colors last week. 9-2 should get us in the playoffs!

Comment

Working...
                              X