Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgating at SDSU

Hi gang,

From the sounds of some of your posts and from what I see on State's web site it sounds like SDSU is trying to promote tailgating before the games. This Hobo Day a group of 6 - 8 of us are coming up from KC for the game (one Hobo Day rookie) would anyone recomend the tailgating or should we just stay downtown? Is it fun or corny?

It looks like from the web site you can bring a grill do your own cooking and have an adult bev. or two as long as it is in a paper cups, is that right? Lastly can you park by the "backyard" or do you have to lug your stuff from halfway across campus? As you can tell I have never done it, but we love to tailgate before the Chief games so if it is fun, My group would be all about it. Please let me know your thoughts.

Go State!

Re: Tailgating at SDSU

89rabbit:

There is indeed parking and tailgating in the BackYard.  The Backyard extents to US 14 so plenty of room for motor homes and campers.  Hobo Day comes on Nov 1 this year, later than usuall and the weather will be rather iffy.  If the temp is 35 to 50 and kind of windy, the Organized Backyard Tailgate will move indoors in the Frost Arena.  In that event you would have the entire backyard for enjoyment.

The use of cups has been going on for a few years now. The Administration as I understand would rather not know, as its against state law to consume alchoholic beverages on campus property.

If you keep containers and bottles out of sight, there will not be any problem.

I have not been around the bars much for years so dont know what going on in that scene. Usually you see students coming out and going in at 6:30Am on Saturday. Most if not all can legally open at 6:00AM and do so for that one weekend.

Comment

I was curious about the number of people tailgating before the game with NWMSU. I am coming up to the SDSU/und Beef Bowl and was wondering about the numbers and how it is, I was planning on doing a bit of Tailgating before the game. This is new to me (at SDSU)also. What time does the "backyard" open up to begin the festivities?

Comment

Texas Jack

I believe the tailgating offically started about 4:30pm and if you came earlier, I dont think they would run you off.  I drove around the staduim earlier in the afternoon and I seem to recall some cars already parked and grills going so getting an early start should not be a problem. I dont think they charge for a spot in the area north of the Backyard. They have lanes marked off and named after people like Wayne Rasumesen, Pete Retzlaff etc.  Dont forget to bring your paper cups.

There was a good turnout for the tailgate and a number of those were probably from NWMSU. I tend to think most were non-Brookings SDSU fans. Quite a few parked in that area and walked through the Tailgate.
        NWMSU has a good following.

Comment

Texas,

You are probable tipping back a few as I type this. You will have to give me a report on how it went. Hope you are having a great time and getting ready to watch us beat up on the Sue!

Go State!

Comment

Working...
          X