Humboldt St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humboldt St.

Its the last game of the season, Humboldt is 3-5 with wins over S.Oregon (NAIA) Azusa Pacific (D3), and St. Marys (1AA)-but probably a lot more like D3.
    Western Oregon has defeated them twice. The only thing we have to worry about is overconfidence. I dont think the players from California will like the game time climate in Brookings on Saturday. We should win this one in a laugher, and Nelson will add to the record books.
    SDSU 55
    Humboldt St. 10

Re: Humboldt St.

I couldn't have said it any better. I haven't heard anything about them other than their record. It'll be nice to send all the seniors out on a big win. It's quite sad thinking back to Winona, UND, and even UNO...what could have happeneed. A playoff birth the last ever year of DII football. That would have been quite a way to go out. But that's the nature of the game. Slip up once and your season's virtually shot.

My only hope is that the program is headed in the direction where players, coaches, and fans truly count on the playoffs every year. "Slightly-better-than-average" sucks.

Sorry, just a little frustration there. Barring a natural disaster Saturday, 7-4 is a good year but 9-2 or 10-1 isn't even comparable.

My pick- 45-14 Jacks.

Go Rabbits!...it's coming soon

Comment

Absolutely no disagreement here. I want us to move up and onward even though the D1AA looks scary next year. We could surrpise a bunch of people. Yes we need to get above average. Win 8 or more and they start coming to Coughlin out of the cornfields just like in Field of Dreams.

I will not forget my year end check to the SDSU Foundation.

Comment

Here is a link to Humboldt St. web site. They are a team that we should beat. They just lost to Western Oregon 24-20:

http://www.hsujacks.com/football/index.html

It too bad we can't play them in Men's Basketball (sooner then in the playoffs), their Men just beat D-I University of Nevada-Reno in an exibition.

Last word, I agree with SDSUFAN, our programs need our support. I am joining the Jackrabbit club for the first time this year. The Club starts at just $25 bucks for the coach's club, you can go all the way up to $10,000 for the Director's Club (I of course would never see the Jacks play again if I gave enough to be at the Director's Club level, because my wife would kill me. ) so it should fit everyone's budget. I encourage everyone to join. Look what the Bison have done with Team Builders.

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Lumberjacks!

Comment

Humbolt State has some strange school colors, I guess its a shade of green and a creme color. Okay if making a fashion statement. I will take my yellow and blue any dayof the week. There record football crowd was 9500 in the 1970's so if we produce a crowd better than Hobo day, that would be a big surprise for them and us both. The weather should be much better than last week. I will be there to watch.

Comment

Just wanted to say Good Luck and Thank you to the Sr. Class. Make your last game as Jackrabbit players count! ;D

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Lumberjacks!

Comment

At the end of the 1st Qtr.

SDSU 10 Humboldt St 0 ;D

Go Jacks!

Comment

At the Half SDSU 24 Humboldt St. 0 ;D Last game in D-II, looking good so far.

Go State!

Comment

Way to go Jacks, I still cant connect with WNAX-Let me know how things are going when you get the chance-Thanks
                  Texas

Comment

End of 3rd, SDSU 33 HSU 6 ;D

Go Blue!

Comment

Thanks rabbit, I think its time to hang "half a hundred" on someone! ;D

Comment

Its a final (final score, final game of the season, final game in D-II)! ;D SDSU 47- HSU 6! Jacks finish the season 7-4. Thank you Srs. Here we come I-AA!

Go Blue!

Comment

Congrats Rabbits- D1 here we come !!

Comment

I was at the game and left at half. A very raw weathered day to watch a football game.  Humbolt St at times showed some good pass offense.  They just could not put 4 to 5 good plays together to make a serious drive towards the endzone.  Their running game made ours look very good.  I think they had such small lineman that they could not begin to hold their blocks or make any holes for the RB.  We lose some good seniors.  Rodney Fransico who has battled injuries, stepped up his play since Chris Couatee went down his injury. So its so long to Rodney, Kevin Brown, Ben Studer, Justin Landis, Connot, and others. I have enjoyed watching these guys play and you wish them the best in the real world of their choice.

Comment

I tried to pull up the Argus Leader story on yesterday's game, but could only get this much. Hopefully they will get it fixed. From what I can read it seems positive.

SDSU smashes Humboldt State
                              BROOKINGS -- Another game, another record for Brad Nelson. And another victory in South Dakota State's Division II swan song. The Jackrabbits won their fifth straight game Saturday, ending their season by demolishing Humboldt (Calif.) State 47-6 at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. It was SDSU's last football game at the Division II level.

Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                              X