Hobo Day 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Day 2003

Looks like it is going to be COLD for Hobo Day. Anyone making the trek to Brookings?

Re: Hobo Day 2003

Looks like there might be some snow too. I will be coming from Minneapolis.

Comment

Yah Mo B There...bring yer flask, hide it well. Come to think of it, they probably won't check me now that I'm ancient.

Comment

I will be there too. I abused my privileges with the flask over the past few years in more ways than one, so Yep the coffee will taste good on Saturday. So much for a balmy fall this year.

Comment

Hey gang,

Super busy week, but I wanted to check in. Big win against USD! ;D I got to watch most of it before I had to go to the wedding. I too will be at Hobo Day. I am leaving for Brookings in the morning. Good luck Jacks!

Happy Hobo Day to one and all! ;D

Comment

I will be there in spirit. but I wont be able to make the trip up. A successful season hangs in the balance. If we win we go 7-4 and everyone stays "relatively" happy, and we start cheering for basketball. Hobo Day... good guys win !!

SDSU 24
            SCSU 20

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
              I will be there in spirit. but I wont be able to make the trip up. A successful season hangs in the balance. If we win we go 7-4  and everyone stays "relatively" happy, and we start cheering for basketball.  Hobo Day... good guys win  !!

SDSU 24
              SCSU 20
              Texas,

Have a great time at the LSU game.  I will have a beer in your honor!   8)  

SDSU 28 SCSU 21.  

No Field Goals with the weather forcasts I have been hearing.  

Go State!

Comment

Happy HOBO DAY everyone! ;D

Comment

Wow what a game! Nothing like a little Hobo magic. SDSU 27 - SCSU 24. The team looked pretty good, except Watson has got to learn to hang onto the ball. The last one you can blame on the refs, his forward progess had been stopped but no whistle. Seems like we are not going to get any calls our last go round in the NCC.

The play calling on the last drive was a little off as well. To much time to just run it up the middle everytime, but we won and a Happy Hobo Day was had by all! Go Jacks!

Comment

Here is the Register's article about the Hobo Day game. Nice picture.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?B...=461&rfi=9

Go State!

Comment

Hey I have a topic of discussion for you all. What did everyone think of the throwback yellow pants. I think those qualify as "old school". It was an interesting touch but some of them looked pretty faded. I think they use them for practice pants.

~Also, I have a huge announcement coming soon. Hopefully within the next week.

RR

Comment

I liked the yellow pants, but then again I am old school. Durring my days at State (mid to late '80s) we always wore white pants with a blue, yellow, blue stripe down the side. The jerseys and helmets had JACKS writen on them. I like our current uniforms much better.

So this big announcment is it personal or does it effect the University??? I must say Running you have my interest.

Go SDSU!

Comment

RunninRabbit,

Hint ? Hint ?

Comment

I've got to ask this: How in the world did SDSU win this game? SDSU had six turnovers to SCSU's ZERO. Holy cow.

Comment

Tony:
                              Thats a great question.  I think it can be summed up by the name Scott Connot, who intercepted Heckendorf's pass on the one yard line. That was the last play StCloud had as it was 4th and 5 I believe. Scott was defensive player of the week in the NCC. We are going to miss Scott next year. His brother is a true freshman this year and I hope can play up to his brother's ability.

Watson is having trouble hanging on to the ball and its on tape now so I expect Augie to be punching for the ball each time Watson carries the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X