More About '04 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More About '04 Schedule

I am unsure if this has been posted yet but here's the latest opponent list I've heard -

We will not be able to open with Augie because of a D1/D2 opening date conflict but they're trying to reschedule.

Winonna
    Western Oregon
    St. Mary's
    Montana
    Montana State came on a visit and sounded interested
    NDSU
    Georgia Southern
    Humbolt State/but I'm unsure of this one

UNC's schedule is full until 2005
    We are talking to SE and SW Missouri State

We would not be allowed to play a D1A school until we've competed with the full 60 schollarships for 2 years.

Re: More About '04 Schedule

You guys are way ahead of us on the schedule game. I wish we had your schedule. It will put people in the seats for sure!

Comment

I didn't see anything on the Montana schedule that indicated a game against the Jacks.

Comment

From what I picked up, Humbolt State was a one game contract. I know for sure we are not headed to Northern Ca to play a not so good D2 team. So unless we get them to come back to Brookings again, I dont think Humbolt will be on the schedule either.

Comment

I am unsure about Humboldt but someone on the football staff said that Montana was a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit
            I am unsure about Humboldt but someone on the football staff said that Montana was a done deal.
            Montana ??? or do you mean Montana St. I have seen newspaper reports out of Montana saying that MSU and SDSU where going to play. My understanding is that is a home and home with us going to Montana State in '04 and the Bobcats coming to Brookings in '05.

Comment

RunninRabbit,

A I-AA team has to average sixty scholarships over three consecutive years for a game against a I-A opponent to count towards bowl eligibility for the I-A team. A DII or 30 scholarship DI-AA school can play a I-A anytime, but they usually won't schedule it because it doesn't count for a bowl game.

Comment

Working...
              X