2004 Recruiting Class predicitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Recruiting Class predicitions

Here are three individuals from the Argus Elite 45 that I think could be signing a National Letter of intent and here are my reasons.

At Desmet as indicated under Gaven Davis the coach is Jason Hein, a former Jack player who no doubt is helping  his alma mater in any way he can.  Lets hope Jason can help stir the Hojer kid our way too.

The Fischer kid already has a brother playing for the Jacks. J.D Fischer a soph who made a number of good defensive plays this year. If the younger brother has the same amount of talent, I would think we would have him high on the list and I think these two will sign if an offer is made.

Lastly, Gary Hoffman was an assistant coach at SDSU under John Gregory, but could stir some of that Spearfish talent our way. Gary may have an advanced degree from SDSU also but not sure. Coaches sometimes can make a difference.

I would hate to see another Spearfish quarterback playing for UND. Klosterman, does the name ring a bell?

Gaven Davis - De Smet
    The 240-pound Davis anchored a line that helped produce one of the most dominating seasons in South Dakota football history. De Smet rushed for more than 3,000 yards and outscored its foes 554-11 en route to winning the Class 9A title. Davis had 75 tackles from his noseguard position. "He worked right alongside (Elite 45 captain Blake) Hojer in the weight room and they pushed each other to get to the highest level they could," said Coach Jason Hein.  

Tyler Fischer - Gettysburg
    In Fischer's three years as a starter, the Battlers were 31-4, with all the losses to teams that won state titles. This season at linebacker he had 118 tackles, five sacks, four fumble recoveries and three interceptions. As a fullback, he rushed 74 times for 596 yards and nine touchdowns and caught 18 passes for 288 yards. "If there was something that needed to be done this year, we looked to Tyler to get it done for us," said Coach Vern Smith.

Matt Martin - Spearfish
    Perhaps the state's most prolific passer this season, Martin threw for 2,392 yards and led Spearfish to the state Class 11AA title. He was 122-for-234 and passed for 25 touchdowns. On defense, he intercepted seven passes and had 34 tackles. He was a two-year starter at quarterback and a three-year starter at defensive back. "His athleticism, competitive nature and will to win have been the catalyst to the success the Spartans have had this year," said Coach Gary Hoffman.  

Re: 2004 Recruiting Class predicitions

Here is another possiblity, if not for football then wrestling for sure.

Thomas Konechne - Kimball
    A versatile performer, Konechne was a key figure in the Kiotes' stunning comeback win in the state Class 9B finals, with 170 yards receiving, 93 yards rushing and a touchdown pass. He was just as versatile during the season, with 25 receptions for 480 yards, 106 carries for 712 yards and he was 5-for-7 passing for 162 yards. He also had 72 tackles and nine interceptions as a safety. "He is like having an assistant coach on the field," said Coach Dale Taylor.

Comment

SDSU Fan good logic. The Martin kid has already committed to play basketball at Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUY
        SDSU Fan good logic. The Martin kid has already committed to play basketball at Montana.
        To quote Johnny Carson" I did not know that".

Hopefully Gary Hoffman will help SDSU out as I am sure he has more guys that can play football for us.

Comment

Working...
        X