No announcement yet.

sodak fan admits he was wrong..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sodak fan admits he was wrong..........

Earlier I had went on and on about the "South Dakota" requirement for our atheletes. I hereby confess that it would be "small minded" and wrong to restrict the Coaches. In my defense I was thinking more about the political ramifications, but if we are to be the best, we need the best. But, we can never let our opponents lure SD talent away without a fight!! Earlier I had posted on the Sioux board that Brian Jark from Aberdeen had verbaled to NDSU, that was one we needed to keep down here.

Re: sodak fan admits he was wrong..........

Glad to hear you change your opinion about recruiting. I don't care about the political ramifications as true Jacks fans want the best players on the field regardless of where they are from. I agree we have to get the best South Dakota has and it's disturbing to say the least when a player who has talent like Jark departs to our neighbors to the North. I saw him play on TV in the State Championship game and he was clearly one of the best athletes on the field. I would like to think SDSU was persuing him agressively. I do thinkeven with his blazing speed he was a little undersized for the reciever position in college and maybe UND guaranteed him he would stay at that position? I hope DesCamps decides to join the JACKS!

Comment

Actually he verbaled to NDSU not UND!! That was the mistake I had made when I first posted the news on the Sioux board. I will be interesting to see how this all plays out. From what I heard, Styg and Co. were never hard after Jark. The two top SDSU targets in Aberdeen were Taylor Mehlhaff and DesCamps. DesCamps was MVP at our camp, so maybe that "good vibe" will be enough to keep him here.
      Have you or anyone heard where Mehlhaff is leaning?

Comment

I have not and don't know much about him. The Jacks football recruiting targets seem to be a guarded mystery. I wish we could get someone from the inside ie. player or coach that would frequent the board.

Comment

Mehlhaff is the #1 kicker in the Nation according to some recruiting sites, so it would have been a stretch to land him.

Have someone watch at the USeD vs SDSU BB game, I've heard that we usually use that weekend for official visits of our top pospects.

Comment

Good kickers are hard to come by so I'm sure he is hot demand. I can't imagine a better recruiting platform than the STATE/U game and would think we will see a number of them at the game. I saw Troy Larson and some of the players talking to a young man at the games over the Holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by sodakfan
              Actually he verbaled to NDSU not UND!!  That was the mistake I had made when I first posted the news on the Sioux board.  I will be interesting to see how this all plays out.  From what I heard, Styg and Co. were never hard after Jark.  The two top SDSU targets in Aberdeen were Taylor Mehlhaff and DesCamps.  DesCamps was MVP at our camp, so maybe that "good vibe" will be enough to keep him here.
              Have you or anyone heard where Mehlhaff is leaning?
              Melhaff has visited Minnesota and has an offer from them. Nebraska is pretty interested, and Wisconsin is very interested as well, and may have offerred. I know he has 2 Big Ten offers, and says Minnesota is his favorite, this info from the Rivals Network.

Comment

What kicker would'nt want to kick in a dome.

Comment

Working...
                X