LSU Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU Tigers

Just have to give a shout out to our resident LSU Tigers fan.  Your boys are looking good so far Texas_Jacks_Fan! LSU 21 OU 7

Re: LSU Tigers

Wow, great game! Many a happy Cajun tonight. LSU 21 OU 14. LSU's first National Championship since 1959!

Comment

Thanks rabbit, I watched the game, and the Bayou Bengals played great, I had a number of friends seeking tickets for that game. I heard scalpers were seeking in the $1000 range per ticket. LSU is set to be a national power for years to come-great program, a lot of money, (96,000) seat stadium helps in that area.
      Now if we can just get a 20,000 seat finished stadium for our Jacks, Thats what I asked for from Santa!! ;D

Comment

I did not see the game nor paid much attention. One of the local AM stations carries a syndicated sports talk show and the guy doing the talking was really happy  that LSU won. He said that OU had been billed by some as the greatest team in football history and those statements came in September, but I dont think so.

Its good to see that a Land Grant  School won the national championship.  Who knows LSU could be on the schedule down the road a few years.

Comment

SDSUFan, that isn't as farfetched an idea as some might think. I understand Cal Davis just signed a contract to play Stanford. They will get an enormous gurantee to do so. That's a dilemma for some of the Division I programs. Do they pay a guarantee of a million dollars to some of the better known IA schools or play a IAA school for half of that? Our day is coming!

Comment

Western Illinois played LSU in Baton Rouge and was paid a $650,000 guarantee. I think the final was 37-7 (better than most 1A teams did against LSU). I was told last Fall that SDSU will be playing these types of games in the next few years when we are eligible.

Comment

Working...
            X