Massey Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massey Ratings

I saw these over on siouxsports, it has SDSU as the 15th best team in DII this year. I don't think the Massey Ratings are very accurate, but it's a nice thought. http://www.mratings.com/rate/cf-m.htm

Re: Massey Ratings

That is a very interesting site. SDSU was rated #154, NDSU#116, UND #118.
    We do seem kind of high, but consider this, a 1pt. loss to UND10-1, a td loss at Winona 10-1, loss at NDSU 8-3, UNO 8-3.
    We played a BRUTAL schedule, and we beat some good teams SCSU,NWMSU, etc...
    When I looked at the teams ranked around us in the Massey poll- I felt that we could play with all of them.(1A, 1AA, and D2).
    Maybe it isnt so far off.

Comment

Interesting but confusing. I had no idea that this even existed. Thanks for the post.

and who in the world has the time and patients to compile all of that?

Comment

I thought the same thing, It ranked something like 650 teams.... Insane..... but cool !! ;D

Comment

It doesn't seem Massey holds up too well, considering it contradicts the outcome of several head-to-head games.

Here's a rating just for I-AA that I like better. It didn't include Northern Colorado or UC Davis, unfortunately.

http://www.dunkelindex.com/Division1AArankings.html

Comment

Massey is quite the ratings expert...him and Sagarin are contemporaries and equally respected (Sag for I-A and Massey for the overall).  The comparison page is a catch-all for computer ratings.  The GPI is the rating system for I-AA.  It is done like the BCS (polls and computer mix + strength of schedule) and is used as a guide for the I-AA playoff selection committee to determine at-large playoff selection.  Massey's work should not be dismissed as not accurate.

Final regular season GPI:
            14. N Colorado
            25. UC Davis

Comment

Welcome Ralph! Glad to see you on the board! ;D

Go State!

Comment

Thanks 89rabbit. Great to have more folk around here in I-AA (I am in Chicagoland).

Comment

Working...
                X