http://www.davisenterprise.com/artic...q0Zrqy5CKehHvk

Go State!

Re: Good Story from the Davis Enterprise

Originally posted by 89rabbit
    Here is a good story from UC-Davis' hometown newspaper:

http://www.davisenterprise.com/artic...q0Zrqy5CKehHvk

Go State!

I'm not so sure about this:
    Doug Fullerton, commissioner of the Big Sky Conference, said Wednesday that he sees the GWC as something that will help increase the visibility of his own league.

"It's very positive," Fullerton said. "It's like building a Burger King next to a McDonalds. It just increases traffic."
    So is the GW the Burger King, or the McDonalds? What about Kmart and Target? Hy-Vee and Sunshine? Home Depot and Lowes? Dominos and Papa Johns?

It's really a shame, dare I say "arrogance," of the Big Sky conference to be like the Augusta National, in a metaphorical, not literal, sense. I just don't see any particular passion coming from playing far flung schools from a region so different than the Great Plains.

Yeah, something had to be done. What real passion came from playing Morningside? But it's still so geographically distant.

Comment

It's fairly obvious the GWFC is the Burger King. The GWFC is the one being built, the BSC is the McDonald's already there.

Flame-broiled is better. ;D

Comment

Does that make Fullerton the guy who goes to McDonalds and begs to get a McRib (Idaho) even after being repeatedly told that they are no longer sold at McDonalds (BSC).

Comment

Nope. :

The McRib has made a comeback a few times. Fullerton is more likely asking for a McDLT (i.e. the burger that had the "hot side" and "cold side" container).

Comment

thanx for the clarification 8) , i knew the mcrib had made a few comebacks, but i couldn't think of any other mcd's items which had been discontinued

Comment

Originally posted by somebison.
              thanx for the clarification  8) , i knew the mcrib had made a few comebacks, but i couldn't think of any other mcd's items which had been discontinued
              R.I.P. McDLT. You are missed. :'( :'(

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
                R.I.P. McDLT. You are missed.  :'( :'(
                Naw, the Whopper was and is better. Though the DLT was the best mickey burger ever.

Comment

ralph,

see my previous post in this thread:

Flame-broiled is better. ;D

Comment

I wonder what school would be considered the fries of the McDonald's conference? I hope we can convince them to come to the GWFC (Sac St. ?). Then we would have the best of both worlds (Burger King with McDonald's fries.)

Comment

Working...
                    X