SDSU's NFL Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU's NFL Players

Curiosity got to me, so I checked the Rams website and Timmerman signed a five year deal in February of 1999. And according to this site http://www.askthecommish.com/article...freeagents.asp he is listed as an unrestricted free agent. Lineman usually don't get much press, but has anyone seen anything regarding contract talks for Adam.

I know Viniateri is under contract, but does anyone know what Heiden's contract situation is? I'm not as adept (or have the time) to find this stuff on the web, so if anyone finds any information on these guys and when their contracts are up it would be appreciated.

I would think Timmerman is due for another decent (and probably last) contract somewhere. He's been in the league nine years already, but is remaining productive.

Re: SDSU's NFL Players

Timmerman has had a great career, (one pro bowl) and its certainly not over yet. Next to Jim Langer he is probably SDSU's longest running NFL player. followed by Vinateri. Bruce Klosterman was in the leauge 4-5 years? Am I missing any other player with 4+ years in the NFL?

Comment

Plus 4 that I can think of and I may not be complete either:
      Wayne Rasmussen from Howard SD, Detriot Lions at least 10 years.

Pete Retzlaff, Philadelphia Eagles, more than 4 seasons, but probably no more than 12

Doug Eggers, Baltimore Colts. He and USD's Ordell Braase from Mitchell SD played in that famous overtime NFL championship in 1958 where Steve Myrha from UND kicked FG's which tied the game, but did not win the game. If you caught the ESPN story on this game, some of the old Colt players did not like Steve Myrah because he had inherited a signifcant amount of money from his Grandfather and he threw it round and his teammates working for peanuts, did not like this at all even 40 years later. By the way Ordell Braase has participated in the Stan Marshall Fund Raiser when Eggers has shown up.
      Lynn Boeden is the only D2 player to be picked in the first round draft, but he did not last no more than 4 years, bad knees. Started with Detriot Lions and ended with Chicago Bears.

Comment

SDSUFAN,
        Thanks, Your knowledge of things like this amazes me.
        Texas

Comment

Rams Agree To Five-Year Contract With G Timmerman
          Tuesday, March 2, 2004

The St. Louis Rams have agreed to a five-year contract with G Adam Timmerman, the team announced tonight.

Timmerman (6-4, 300) just finished his ninth NFL season, his fifth with the Rams. In 2003, Timmerman started all 16 games for the fourth time in his five seasons with the Rams, and for the seventh time in his career.

The South Dakota State product, who was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent, has earned two Pro Bowl berths in his career, both with the Rams. Timmmerman has been a model of durability, playing in 141 consecutive games, 159 including playoffs.

Comment

I just got back from a business trip to St. Louis today, and listened to the Timmerman press conf.while I was there. The people of St. Louis LOVE the Timmermans- on and off the field, a real community guy and he didnt hold the Rams hostage for a bigger contract that he easily could have gotten elsewhere, I believe Adam put it something like "Its pretty easy to live on this much money".

Comment

Although not in the NFL nor has he played 4+ years Josh Ranek is making one heck of a name for himself in the CFL. While making the trip this fall to brookings i caught the coyote sports network (am 1570) had a nice interview with Josh. Apparently-due to his running style- Josh has earned the nickname "little ball of hate." Hope to see him in the NFL oneday.

Comment

Rabbitlivinginverm:

I know you just got here but if you look back a ways we had a thread on Ranek and were monitoring his progress from a CFL website.

I wonder if that radio program you heard was the Maxwell sports show, that was started by the Late Tom Maxwell and now being run by his wife.  She has a little help with the interviews sometime, but its an interesting show.  Even if they have Jim Marking sass the D1 move which Mrs Maxwell did a about 2 weeks ago discussing Dennis Womeldorf induction to the SDSU hall fame, its still a good show and SDSU got some publicity from that one progarm.

Getting back to Ranek, I think getting into the NFL is going to be tough, but I think he is the kind of guy that will exhaust every effort.  I think size has been against him since day1 as far as making it into the NFL.  He said in that interview that he really did not get a chance with the Dallas Cowboys.  He may be right.

No one can be critcal of Raneks heart and desire of playing the game.

Comment

You are right on Mrs. Maxwell and the Maxwell radio show--I couldn't think of the name earlier. I'm a little behind on whats going on as I live in Vermillion :'( and I just found this wonderful site. If my memory serves me Ranek got hurt early on in camp (sprained ankle or muscle pull) so he never had a chance. I'll check out the old thread. Thanks SDSUFAN. My Broncos dealt Portis so maybe there's room for Ranek in their backfield ;D

Comment

Working...
                  X