Spring Practice and Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Practice and Game

Has anyone heard when Spring practice is scheduled to start and when the Spring game will be........

Go Jacks
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: Spring Practice and Game

I checked the SDSU website and nothing posted. They need to market this game and get people thinking about Jack Football.

Comment

I know we are all focused on Basketball but based on the reaction to this post doesn't seem anyone here is interested in developing the Spring Scrimmage into an event like they have at NDSU and most other football crazy schools!

Comment

The BB craze has been built on the programs success. The university needs to approach the move to DI differently for the BB teams, FB team, and other sports.

For the FB team we need to look at it as a chance for a new beginning. Forget the years of missed playoffs and mediocre showings in the NCC and strive for a new identity in a new league/division. A good start would be icreased focus and awareness of the spring game. This is also why I think Coughlin should be the major focus from a facilities standpoint. I think the BB will be there, its increasing support for the FB that really matters early in the transition.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree. I think a major facelift to Coughlin would make a statement to the fans and new recruits that a new era of Jacks football is ready to begin. Playing in a tired DII Football stadium does not give people the hope that moving into DIAA and a new conference will change anything. I know a lot of it is"just win baby" on the other hand I think we need to enhance the experience at Coughlin to reach out to people beyond the diehards.

Comment

It is my understanding the administration is studying how they can market the football program better and upgrade Coughlin at the same time!

Comment

I would love to see the football program become a much bigger operation. I am glad to hear that the admin. is looking into ways to market it better. I think eventually the state will rally behind the Jackrabbits. It would be nice to see people get excited about spring ball.

It would also be nice to "know" the Jacks before we kick off the season next fall. It is tough when you live so far away. So any of you that are close (physically) to the program, please post and let us know what is going on. I am really looking forward to having the board for yet another fall of gridiron classics.

Go State!

Comment

Spring game is scheduled for Saturday, April 24th, lets promote it and have an excellent turn out as we make our way to this fall...

Go Jacks.....
                http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Working...
                X