UC-Davis' stadium put on hold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC-Davis' stadium put on hold

Due to the financial woes of the State of California UC-Davis' new stadium has been put on hold.

http://www.californiaaggie.com/article/?id=3483

Multi-use stadium hits roadblock
    Budget problems delay construction

By SURESH RAMAN
    Aggie Sports Editor

California's budget woes have put a snag in the construction of UC Davis' proposed multi-use stadium.

In its March meeting, the University of California Board of Regents decided to postpone all capital projects until future notice, including the stadium.

Originally scheduled to open in time for the 2005 football season, the future home of the Aggies will not begin construction any time soon according to Bob Bullis, associate athletic director in charge of business and facilities.

"I can't tell you how disappointed I am by all of this," Bullis said. . . .

The Aggie football team recently joined the new Division I-AA Great West Conference and had planned to host games at the new facility starting in the 2005 season. Until the stadium is completed, the aging Toomey Field will continue to serve at UCD's home site.

Bullis said that depending on the regents' future decisions and the start of construction, there is a small chance UCD could still host the final games of the 2005 season in the new stadium. However, he said that winter 2006 is a more realistic date for completion.

Bummer for the Aggies.

Working...
X