Which is your favorite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is your favorite?

The board has been a little slow so here goes. . .Since Hobo Day has not offically been set. Which of the games on the current SDSU schedule is your favorite and why?

2004 South Dakota State Football Schedule
    Date Opponent Time
    Sept. 4 at UC Davis* 6 p.m. (PT)
    Sept. 11 WINONA STATE 7 p.m.
    Sept. 18 WESTERN OREGON 7 p.m.
    Sept. 25 TBA TBA
    Oct. 2 at Cal Poly* 6 p.m. (PT)
    Oct. 9 NORTH DAKOTA STATE* TBA
    Oct. 16 OPEN
    Oct. 23 at Montana State 1:05 p.m. (MT)
    Oct. 30 at Georgia Southern TBA
    Nov. 6 AUGUSTANA 1 p.m.
    Nov. 13 at Southern Utah* 3 p.m.
    Nov. 20 at Northern Colorado* Noon (MT)
    * - indicates Great West Football Game
    All Times Local

For me it is close, I am really looking forward to the NDSU game, I think this is going to turn into a great rivalry, but I would have to go with Georgia Southern. The reason is that it offers us the chance to shock the I-AA world. We have everything to gain and almost nothing to lose. They are a 6 time NCAA champion, we are in our first year of I-AA what a great measuring stick. What about the rest of you? Which is your favorite?

Go State!

Re: Which is your favorite?

I'll start by saying that I love our schedule, and we will still be adding one more home game. I'm looking forward to the Western Oregon game because it is in mid-September (should be warm) its a night game, and I'm looking forward to tailgating, it should also be a romp by the Jacks, and most of all I will be there. The next game is the Cal-Poly game, I will also be travelling to see this one. It should be a great night- game time is 6:00 pm just a few miles from the ocean, and its against a pretty high profile opponent. The NDSU and MSU games I'm hoping will turn into rivalry games (NDSU, SDSU, and MSU) are all mirror images of each other in so many ways. I would like to see the land grants fight it out every year.

Comment

Re: Which is your favorite?

2004 South Dakota State Football Schedule
      Date Opponent Time
      Sept. 4 at UC Davis* 6 p.m. (PT)
      Sept. 11 WINONA STATE 7 p.m.
      Sept. 18 WESTERN OREGON 7 p.m.
      Sept. 25 TBA TBA
      Oct. 2 at Cal Poly* 6 p.m. (PT)
      [glb]Oct. 9 NORTH DAKOTA STATE* TBA [/glb]
      Oct. 16 OPEN
      Oct. 23 at Montana State 1:05 p.m. (MT)
      Oct. 30 at Georgia Southern TBA
      Nov. 6 AUGUSTANA 1 p.m.
      Nov. 13 at Southern Utah* 3 p.m.
      Nov. 20 at Northern Colorado* Noon (MT)

I would have to say the NDSU game. Some may not like my reasoning, but here it is. I personally feel that there are a lot of FES'ers who traditionally attend football. The DI move has obviously turned a lot of people sour, and to prove their point they will stop attending SDSU athletic events (makes more room for the true fans and will open up some prime season tickets). In looking at the home schedule there is one game that would pull in a big crowd regardless of the FES'ers, that being the NDSU game. It's an opponent most are very familiar with and would be willing to watch, and NDSU travels well. And since I feel it's important to have a large crowd at Hobo Day, why not guarantee a 10,000 plus crowd by playing NDSU on the day which typically draws the most fans. Besides, what better way to kick off a budding rivalry than to play NDSU on our homecoming.

Comment

Working...
      X