New Jerseys and New OC's position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jerseys and New OC's position

I have the first of the new D1 upgrades - new home uniforms. They've been compared to San Fransisco's uniforms but I have not seen them myself. They are blue with some sort of yellow stripe on the sleeves. They have a SD logo where the elastic around the neck comes together...if that description makes any sense. They also have new GOLD pants to wear for home games. No not the old canary yellow, gold e.g. Notre Dame. Should be very sharp.

Related note: I've been looking for a place on the internet to order customer football jerseys so I can perhaps put together some replica SDSU jerseys. I've had some luck but I guess I'll wait now until I see the new ones.

I've got a post about the new offensive coordinator on my message board-

http://www.gorabbits.com

Re: New Jerseys and New OC's position

Running Rabbit,
    The site looks great, thanks for the time and energy. I wonder if it wouldn't be worthwhile to just link the discussion board on the site to this board, that way we wouldn't have too many sources of information and this board seems to have a loyal following. it already has a football category so that would elimnate the need to create anything new. I would suppose it would be like bisonville or siouxsports in that way which seems to work allright. The more the website is promoted the more people we would have posting on the board.

Go Rabbits.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Nice work Runnin' Rabbit.  It's great to finally see Jackrabbit fans showing support via internet.  I love spending time reading and talking about the Jacks.  Does anybody know more about the uniforms?  Are we really changing our colors?  I'm not a huge fan of canary yellow either but I hate to see it go.  Seems to me that Navy and Gold are much more marketable colors but our colors are blue and yellow.

Comment

I have heard that the new unis do have a more gold color than yellow, much more like Northern Colorado gold or Notre Dame, but yet we still have a more royal blue than navy. Not sure how that will look, i am trying to picture any other athletic team with royal and gold but am struggling, any help? ;D
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Just as Rainman played by Dustin Hoffman could not have pancakes without maple syrup being on the table, SDSU can not be wearing Blue and Gold.  Go back to the school song written about 1915.  Its called the Yellow and blue.  SDSU hurrah for the yellow and blue...... It was thee big school song all by itself until the mid 1950's when Ring the Bell for South Dakota came along. I can remember one football game in the mid 1950's where they were teaching the crowd the words to Ring the Bell printed in the football program.  So gold is not in the SDSU vocabulary as far as I am concerned and should not be now if we want to retain our traditions.

If there was one emeritus faculty member who quickly corrected people who called SDSU colors Blue and Gold it was Larry Denton, oral communciations professor. I dont think he was an alum, but a stickler for detail.

I prefer the Yellow and BLue song myself as some high schools have also adapted the melody to Ring the Bell as their schools song.

For instance Columbus High school(Nebraska) for one.
          When and how they adapted that melody, I dont really know.

I know I have digressed but prefer yellow and blue uniforms.  It the right thing to do and its a good thing.

Comment

Those high schools probably stole the song from the same place SDSU did. It is Wave the Flag...the school song of the University of Chicago. Most DI schools have people in their own music department that have written their own fight songs....in fact so have most colleges.

Comment

Originally posted by guest
              Those high schools probably stole the song from the same place SDSU did.  It is Wave the Flag...the school song of the University of Chicago.  Most DI schools have people in their own music department that have written their own fight songs....in fact so have most colleges.
              First of all...guest...GO AWAY!!! SDSU's school song was adopted almost 90 years ago. I can read into your little jab that you're saying since SDSU's school song is borrowed from another piece of music that our music department obviously isn't very good...and we can no way succeed nor should we be moving up to DI. If I've interpreted your comment wrong by all means correct me. No, just stay off our board. I haven't looked at my copy of College on the Hill, but can anyone report if the history of the school song is in there.

Secondly, the colors are YELLOW and BLUE. Call up to Keith or Ron Lenz and they will tell you what the exact specifications on the colors are. If changing the colors is something the football staff has come up with then they can go away to. Mid 90's I recall home uni's of blue top and yellow pants, road uni's were white top (with blue trim) and yellow pants. Same yellow and same blue throughout. Didn't really care for the "smurf" home uni's of the last few years, but they were still blue. Changing yellow to gold is not acceptable. Might as well work on picking a new nickname for the football team while we're at it. Maybe we can be like New Mexico State who for a time had their men's sports nicknamed the Aggies and the women's the Roadrunners. Different colors and different names for all teams.

Caught me on a bad day with a touchy topic I guess, but I'm speaking my mind. Any comments? Good.

While I'm on a roll, I brought this over from gorabbits.com.

I heard something interesting about the coaching structure. Daren Wilkinson, the man hired as offensive coordinator, will actually be the passing coordinator and the o line coach, Luke Meadows, will be the run coordinator. I have no clue how that would work on the side lines but it sounds interesting to me...
              How will it work, not very well. End of story!

Comment

Here is some info on our school songs.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Tr...Song/Index.cfm
                Go State! Go State!

Comment

I hope to be a welcome addition to the Board. Anyway please tell me what I am reading is not true and that SDSU is not moving away from the Yellow and Blue for its colors. I think they look great on the uniforms and many of the teams and they stand out alot more than navy blue and gold. If SDSU wants to change now that it is DI or DIAA I do not feel this is the way to do it. I do not want to Athletics turns its back on this part of its history and heritage. I also think it not the best way to spend money when in the near future SDSU will be asking for donations for Athletic Grand in Aid and will eventually be increasing ticket prices.
                  We...ARE...STATE!
                  SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Hi GoJacks!

Welcome to the board! Please change your handle since
                    Go_Jacks is already taken. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X