Spring Practice Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Practice Reports

Anyone heard anything about spring practice?? Who is looking good.......how are the new coaches doing....... Just interested in seeing how things are going.......

Go Jacks.......
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: Spring Practice Reports

I have seen a little bit. Not much of the O-coordinator. I did get a chance to watch the d-line coach. He is a younger version of Ballard!!! He will get the d-line going. I can promise that. This is an area we have needed help in for a long time. This was way over due. Steinbach is a great guy, but this is a blessing in disguise he left!

Comment

As much as I like and support Coach Stig, I do think that people around him may find ways to take advantage of his good nature.  I think maybe he has recognized that and  that may be a reason why he hired Karl Ballard, so am not surprised to hear about the new D line coach.  

If you want passion in a line coach, you have to go back to the Ralph Ginn days. Stan Marshall was a very passionate line coach for Ralph Ginn. I still have an image of the lineman getting a big pep talk on the sidelines by Stan. Stan coach both O and D in those days too and was a big part of the NCC championships.

Some of Mike Daly's guys like Trent Bolhke had that passion, but I am glad to see its making a comeback.
      We need that.  I do wish the best to Tim Steinbach and enjoyed being in the same golf group at the SDSU Alumni golf outing in Volga.

Comment

Finally some info on Spring Football. Go to SDSU website and click on Season Outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUY
          Finally some info on Spring Football. Go to SDSU website and click on Season Outlook.
          Sorry JACKGUY, I thought you had seen that already. It was excerpted at I-AA.org in February:
          South Dakota State Outlook

2004 Spring Football Prospectus (.pdf)

Comment

Hey, I noticed as I re-read the "General Info" section they still have us listed as NCAA D-II and members of the NCC.  Souldn't that read NCAA I-AA and member of the Great West Football Conference  ???

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
              Hey, I noticed as I re-read the "General Info" section they still have us listed as NCAA D-II and members of the NCC.  Souldn't that read NCAA I-AA and member of the Great West Football Conference  ???
              Go State!
              Good catch 89rabbit! The change has been made at I-AA.org and I sent an email note to Ron at SDSU.

Comment

Anyone in Brookings wander over to the practice field at Coughlin and see how our squad looks?

Comment

Anyone heard what time the Spring game is next Saturday? Any other activities going on to promote it? Hope we can create some interest in out program...

Go Jacks........
                  http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

The Spring game is Saturday the 24th at 1:00.

The is looking good! The offense is clicking and will be tough. The defense is young and needs some work but that is what spring ball is all about!

Comment

Originally posted by ralph
                      Good catch 89rabbit!  The change has been made at I-AA.org and I sent an email note to Ron at SDSU.
                      I too sent an E-mail to Ron when I noticed it. I am happy to report that the change has been made. Nice work Mr. Lenz!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks02
                        The Spring game is Saturday the 24th at 1:00.

The is looking good! The offense is clicking and will be tough. The defense is young and needs some work but that is what spring ball is all about!
                        Thanks for the update jacks02. Keep them coming, you have a lot of folks who are thirsty for Jackrabbit info here on the board! ;D

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                          I too sent an E-mail to Ron when I noticed it.  I am happy to report that the change has been made.  Nice work Mr. Lenz!  
                          Go State!
                          He mentioned since SDSU was still technically D-II this spring that this was the last outlook to list it.

Comment

The Spring Game (This Saturday) will be broadcat on WNAX.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/athletics/broadcasts/index.cfm

Go State!

Comment

That's great. Have they ever broadcasted the spring game in the past? I'll definately be tunning in to see how the team's looking this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X