Bring on DIAA Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring on DIAA Football

I don't know about the rest of you but after we win another womens National Championship I'm really charged about getting ready for our first season in DIAA Football. I realize our home schedule is mostly against DII competition however the NDSU game should be a blast and I hope we will see a solid opponent for Hobo Day. I think we will be ok this year as we definitely have some good offensive talent returning.

Re: Bring on DIAA Football

I too am looking forward to our first season in I-AA.  The I-AA community has welcomed us with open arms and I think it will be a lot of fun.  Here is a link to a web site I go to to chat about I-AA football. If you go about 3/4 of the way down you will see there is a section just for our new conference, the Great West.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/cgi-...wvVZU8vW2N0bN1

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
       The I-AA community has welcomed us with open arms and I think it will be a lot of fun.  
      I second that statement. I've seen zero resentment on the I-AA boards about the new additions from the Dakotas. To the contrary, many I-AA fans from the west have expressed their gratitude that more I-AA football, and more exposure, is coming to the region. In prior years it was just the Big Sky and a handful of independents. This fall there we'll double the number of western I-AA conferences and we'll field a conference that will be competitive immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUY
        ... I'm really charged about getting ready for our first season in DIAA Football. I realize our home schedule is mostly against DII competition ...
        Living in the mid-west, I am very happy to have the two Dakota schools in I-AA. However, you had better beat those D-II squads. Matching up pretty well against I-AA opponents is acceptable, playing a I-A well is respectable (beating one is much better), but losing to a lower classification is sad. No matter that the D-II is highly ranked, losing to a program that has fewer scholarships than you CAN offer puts you in question.

Anyway, you can get I-AA.org Magazine email edition for free (at i-aa.org) to get updates from around the country. Maybe its the only free one left. I-AA has its first Jackrabbits so show us how its done, "hobo"-style.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph
          Living in the mid-west, I am very happy to have the two Dakota schools in I-AA.  However, you had better beat those D-II squads.  Matching up pretty well against I-AA opponents is acceptable, playing a I-A well is respectable (beating one is much better), but losing to a lower classification is sad.  No matter that the D-II is highly ranked, losing to a program that has fewer scholarships than you CAN offer puts you in question.

Anyway, you can get I-AA.org Magazine email edition for free (at i-aa.org) to get updates from around the country.  Maybe its the only free one left.  I-AA has its first Jackrabbits so show us how its done, "hobo"-style.
          I feel good about our D-II foes.  Winona made the playoffs last year, but they graduated everyone and they are playing at our place.  We killed Western Oregon at their place last year and Augie is Augie.  I expect this will be our last year with many (if any) D-II on our schedule.  You may see Augie stay for the Rivalry factor.  Can't wait to see some good I-AAs in Brookings.

Go State!

Comment

bring your lucky rabbits feet to STATESBORO
            Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
            www.gsufans.com

Comment

Working...
            X