11 Great West Players sign with NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 Great West Players sign with NFL

Our new conference was well represented in the NFL free agent market.

http://greatwestfootball.collegespor...043004aaa.html

Eleven Great West Football Players Sign NFL Free Agent Contracts.

Four players from UNC, three from SDSU, two from UC Davis and one apiece from Cal Poly and NDSU sign NFL free agent contracts.

April 30, 2004

Eleven Great West Football Conference players signed free agent contracts to play in the National Football League (NFL) this week following the NFL Draft which took place on April 24-25.

Included in those players are four athletes from Northern Colorado (Paul Hubbard - Cincinnati Bengals, Adam Matthews - St. Louis Rams, Andrew Martin - Houston Texans, Cabel Rohloff - New Orleans Saints), three players from South Dakota State (Scott Connot - Kansas City Chiefs, Ben Studer - Chicago Bears, Andy Wagstrom - Miami Dolphins), two players from UC Davis (Brad Lekkerkerker - Houston Texans, Forest Vance - Green Bay Packers) and a player apiece from each Cal Poly (David Richardson - Jacksonville Jaguars) and North Dakota State (Mike Sheppard - Tampa Bay Buccaneers). . . .

South Dakota State's Wagstrom, a four-year letterman, earned second-team All-North Central Conference honors his senior year and participated in the Cactus Bowl. Connot earned first-team all-conference honors as a senior after leading SDSU in tackles for the second straight year. He was also an academic all-conference selection and was awarded an NCAA postgraduate scholarship. Studer was a first-team all-North Central Conference selection in 2003. . . .

Go State!  ;D

Re: 11 Great West Players sign with NFL

You would expect one player from a D1 conference to get drafted.

Maverick

Comment

Again, you show us how little you know. :    Here are the kids who got drafted from I-AA:

http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=43586

Here are the kids who signed free agent contracts from I-AA:

http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=56837

Here are the Conferences in I-AA:

http://www.anygivensaturday.org/helmets/

How many UNO Mavs got drafted or signed free agent deal this year?

Go State!

Comment

I was talking about the number of drafted players from your new esteemed football conference since that is what the thread was started about. UNO had a player drafted in the sixth round if you would have done your research since that is what you hang your hat on 89 rabbitt. That is one more player that the entire Great West Conference. By the way both your softball team and baseball team are out of the playoff picture. Why don't you just drop baseball like USD did and concentrate on womens equestrian. I can't think of anything more exciting in sports than to watch a horse jump over a puddle. Is cow tipping a D1 sport? You hillbillies could get all boozed up and go for the gold in that. Maybe you could sneak some of those horses on the football field and put helmets on them. That might be one way you could compete in football.

Maverick

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
          UNO had a player drafted in the sixth round if you would have done your research since that is what you hang your hat on 89 rabbitt.

Had I gone to your board to start something I would have done my research.  However, you don't have a baord (because your students and Alumni don't care about their commuter school), and I don't care about D-II schools so no need for ME to do any research.

Comment

Why don't you just drop baseball like USD did and concentrate on womens equestrian.

That is easy, because unlike USD (and the rest of the NCC), we are a progressive University with an eye on the future.  Perhaps you are right that not many will be watching our equestrian team.  My question to you is how is that different from UNO's entire athletics department (in case you don't know, that is what they call a "rhetorical" question, no need for an answear).   I hear D2football.com has a free board now.  Perhaps you could go there and post, maybe someone on that board will care about what you think.  

Comment

I was talking about the number of drafted players from your new esteemed football conference since that is what the thread was started about.
              I know that. I gave you all the guys who got drafted, I gave you all the guys who signed free agent contracts and I gave you all the schools. However it looks like you need to be bottle feed so here goes.

Atlantic 10: 12 members, 2 Drafted, 8 Free Agents
              Big Sky: 8 members, 5 Drafted, 10 Free Agents
              Big South: 5 members, 0 Drafted, 1 Free Agent
              Gateway: 8 members, 0 Drafted, 10 Free Agents
              Great West: 6 members, 0 Drafted, 11 Free Agents
              Ivy League: 8 members, 2 Drafted, 1 Free Agent
              Metro Atlantic: 6 members, 0 Drafted, 1 Free Agent
              MEAC: 8 members, 1 Drafted, 10 Free Agents
              Northeast: 8 members, 0 Drafted, 1 Free Agent
              Ohio Valley: 9 members, 2 Drafted, 6 Free Agents
              Patriot League: 7 members, 0 Drafted, 3 Free Agents
              Pioneer: 9 members, 0 Drafted, 0 Free Agents
              Southern: 8 members, 0 Drafted, 10 Free Agents
              Southland: 6 members, 2 Drafted, 4 Free Agents
              SWAC: 10 members, 1 Drafted, 7 Free Agents
              Indy: 2 members, 0 Drafted, 1 Free Agent

So as you can see the Great West did just fine. 8)

Go State!

Go Great West Football Conference!

Comment

By the way both your softball team and baseball team are out of the playoff picture. Why don't you just drop baseball like USD did and concentrate on womens equestrian.

Maverick
                How did your women's basketball team do last season?
                Thank goodness for the NAIA or you might not have won a game. Oh, wait a minute, they did beat two D-II schools. What conference were they from? Maybe UNO should drop your Women's basketball program in favor of equestrian:

1. More women would be able to participate.
                2. The crowds would definately be larger.
                3. You could make regular visits with your half brothers
                (the horses)

Just a suggestion! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go Jacks!

Comment

WOW 89 can get hard core, go off on someone, pop a cap off in someones a**. This lagomorph has razor sharp buck teeth my friends and should be approached with caution
                  Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
                  www.gsufans.com

Comment

Sometimes a Rabbits gota do what a Rabbits gota do.

Did you ever see Monty Python and the Holy Grail? If so you will remember the horrible monster (rabbit) that was taking knights heads off left and right. . .

Comment

m

Thanks for the heads up ,89

I think we still have a "holy hand grenade" in our offenses inventory. Glad we didn’t toss it out during spring cleaning 8)
                      Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
                      www.gsufans.com

Comment

Working...
                      X