Montana State game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana State game

Looks like Montana State is going to get their $$$$ game against Colorado St. The CSU schedule has the game listed for Sept. 25th, the same day we are supposed to be at Montana State.

I understand that Dr. Oien was aware of this and has been working to find another date for us to play. Has anyone heard anything. I would think this could get done as we reshuffle our schedule due to St. Mary's dropping football and Southern Utah taking their place.

Go State!

Re: Montana State game

On the Bobcats site it says they play SDSU: -http://www.msubobcats.com/news.php?sid=h&nid=411 the link is from today.

Sept. 11--Adams State--1:05 pm
    Sept. 18--Cal Poly--1:05 pm
    Sept. 25--at Colorado State--TBA
    Oct. 2--at Idaho State--6:35 pm
    Oct. 9--*Weber State (Homecoming)--1:35 pm
    Oct. 16--*Portland State--1:05 pm
    Oct. 23--South Dakota State--1:05 pm
    Oct. 30--*at Northern Arizona--6:05 pm
    Nov. 6--*at Sacramento State--6:05 pm PST
    Nov. 13--Eastern Washington--12:05 pm
    Nov. 20--at Montana--12:05 pm
    All times Mountain and subject to change
    *-Big Sky Conference game

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
      On the Bobcats site it says they play SDSU: -http://www.msubobcats.com/news.php?sid=h&nid=411 the link is from today.

Sept. 11--Adams State--1:05 pm
      Sept. 18--Cal Poly--1:05 pm
      Sept. 25--at Colorado State--TBA
      Oct. 2--at Idaho State--6:35 pm
      Oct. 9--*Weber State (Homecoming)--1:35 pm
      Oct. 16--*Portland State--1:05 pm
      Oct. 23--South Dakota State--1:05 pm
      Oct. 30--*at Northern Arizona--6:05 pm
      Nov. 6--*at Sacramento State--6:05 pm PST
      Nov. 13--Eastern Washington--12:05 pm
      Nov. 20--at Montana--12:05 pm
      All times Mountain and subject to change
      *-Big Sky Conference game
      Thanks for the help Bisonguy.

Comment

Fred told me this at the UNO game last Friday night,  but I  could not recall dates.  He just mentioned that the dates had changed . Thanks BisonGuy for the schedule  from the MSU site, it appears to be a change from 9-25 to 10-23.  Hunting season starts on the 16 of October, so moving this game to the 23 will work in that sense and will give the hunters a chance to listen on radio rather than be torn about the hunt or going to the game which would be the case if a home game was scheduled on the 23 of October.

Comment

Here is a look at the Bobcat's facilities.  Very comparable to ours.  Frost looks like a better set up for basketball.  Nice football field.  Take a look at the track picture.  Wow what a view!  

http://www.msubobcats.com/facilities.php#stadium

Here is the seating chart for those who might be going to the game.

http://www.msubobcats.com/seatingcha...adium_seating_

Go State!

Comment

I wonder how permanent the seating that includes the students is? Is concrete like the skybox side or do they have cheapy alumninan bleachers like we have at Coughlin?

Comment

Late October in Bozeman means a high probability of snow. Real football!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
                I wonder how permanent the seating that includes the students is? Is concrete like the skybox side or do they have cheapy alumninan bleachers like we have at Coughlin?
                I watched the Montana vs Montana St. game on TV last fall and as I recall it is concrete on both sides, but it was hard to tell because it was snowing and the stands were full so don't quote me.

Go State!

Comment

Look we are getting some love from Griz fans.

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=3953

Predictions --
                  Adams State Win by 7
                  Cal Poly Win by 4
                  at Colorado State Lose by 31
                  at Idaho State Lose by 14
                  Weber State Win by 3 in ot
                  Portland State Win by 10
                  South Dakota State Lose by 7
                  at Northern Arizona Lose by 13
                  at Sacramento State Win by 3
                  Eastern Washington Lose by 6
                  at Montana Lose by 34

They have us beating their arch rival MSU by 7. I know they are just digging at the Bobcats, but hey they have Cal Poly losing by 4.

Go State!

Comment

The wealth of knowledge and insight around here amazes me!!! Thanks for all the info!!

Comment

MSU has a new fan board. Here is the link if anyone wants to visit our Bobcat friends. I am looking forward to a regional rivalry with MSU! Should be lots of fun.

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/index.php

Go State!

Comment

Hello... Only the new side of the stadium is concrete. The student side is metal but during the renovation they made some aesthetic (sp???) improvements over on that side so they don't look too bad. If anyone's looking at the seating chart, visiting fans are usually in the lower section of Section 107. This is right next to where the visiting team runs on to the field from their locker room.

Comment

Welcome to the Board MSU01!   Thanks for the answear to the Stadium question it is always best to hear the answear straight from the horses. . . I mean Bobcats mouth. Welcome once again, stop back anytime, we are glad to have you on the board.  ;D

Go State!

Comment

Looks like Montana State does their own version of the Stan Marshall. How many people did we have at our event? Anyway here is the link for those who are interested, some good info on the Bobcats.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/new...ts/630245.html

Soggy, but Bobcats get their swings in

By SCOTT MANSCH
                            Tribune Assistant Sports Editor

With apologies to the late Gene Kelly, there was a lot of "swingin' in the rain" going on at Eagle Falls Golf Course in Great Falls on Friday.

Montana State coaches and athletic department officials were here and nearly 200 fans paid for the opportunity of shooting a few holes of golf, not to mention the breeze, with the celebrities at the annual Bobcat Scramble tournament. . . .

O-LINE HELP: It stands to reason that the Bobcats are looking to shore up the offensive line, since all-Big Sky stars Brent Swaggert and Mataio Toilolo have exhausted their eligibility and rising star Joe Hirst has been sidelined by a season-ending knee injury.

"We're looking at the possiblity of a transfer from a Pac-10 school coming in," said head coach Mike Kramer. "He's a non-scholarship player there but a guy who was a Big Sky prospect a couple years ago."

Kramer said Dusty Daws is progressing nicely after shoulder surgery and has been shifted from tight end to the offensive line, presumably to replace Hirst. With a pair of redshirt freshmen at the other tackle position, and a frosh at one of the guard positions, youth is evident throughout the Bobcat front. . . .

BIG PAYDAYS: The Bobcat men's basketball team will play a few "money" games next season, said head coach Mick Durham. Montana State opens the season Nov. 19 at Washington State, then visits Lincoln, Neb., to take on the Huskers on Jan. 2.

Both games offer paydays in the $45,000 range.

Meanwhile, Durham said his team's schedule is not finished and added that his staff is having difficulty filling MSU's annual Holiday Stores Classic tournament. In addition, the Cats' trip to a tourney in Hawaii around Thanksgiving seems in limbo because the tournament field hasn't been filled.

While missing out on the trip to the islands would be disappointing for MSU's players, the demise of the Holiday Stores Classic would be particularly disheartening for several thousand loyal fans in Bozeman who always flock to Brick Breeden Fieldhouse between Christmas and New Year's.

GOODMAN ON MEND: Kramer said tight end Jason Goodman of Great Falls remains on schedule as he rebahabilitates his surgically repaired knee, but that a redshirt season seems likely.

Kramer said three freshmen will vie for the backup tight end job behind starter Blake Wolf, a senior honors candidate.

Kramer said the graduation losses of Toilolo and Swaggert, plus the injuries to Goodman and Hirst, form quite a blow to his blocking corps.

"That's a lot to lose and will take us awhile to overcome," he said. "But I think our offense will be definitely improved."

All-Big Sky quarterback Travis Lulay returns to the starting lineup, and wide receiver Ricky Gatewood enjoyed a great spring and appears on the verge of stardom.

"Our skill group," said Kramer, "is the best we've had since I've been here. And that's top to bottom, inside-outside, depth all the way around. At wide receiver, we've got seven to eight guys who can play and at running back we've got four who can play." . . .

Scott Mansch is Tribune Assistant Sports Editor and a longtime observer of Big Sky Conference athletics. He can be reached at (800) 438-6600 or by e-mail at tribsports@sofast.net

Originally published Saturday, June 12, 2004

Comment

Tis the season for athletic staffs to make their yearly tour of various communities and promote their programs.

SDSU tour begans tomorrow in Volga. With 9 holes and a scramble, there will probably be less than 100 attendees, but I believe some time in the week the tour moves on to Miller. Now that I found my misplaced wallet, I plan on attending the Volga event tomorrow. Its a panic to think your wallet dropped out in a parking lot somewhere only to find it behind the bathroom door. ;D

The big one in South Dakota after the Marshall event is the Black Hills event that draws pretty good. Dont know the exact number. I think there are events planned for Yankton, Watertown, Pierre, Renner, Lake Poinsett and Salem. Renner is right out of Sioux Falls, and I think the final one is in Sioux Falls in August, which on some occasions has drawn 300 people at least for the ending meal and coach presentations.

The thing to remember is Great Falls is somewhere to 75000 to 150,000 and is probably MSU's big city for fans outside of Bozeman. I think with UM sucess, its hard to get the Bobcats fans out, but 200 is not bad for Great Falls.

Those Jack fanss that were at Marshall will probably correct me but I believe we had about six to a group and 18 holes in the AM, that would make 108. The PM is the more perferred group and maybe 108 again so Stan Marshall had 216 which is I assume capacity for 18 hole course. I signed up for SM on Thursday before the event and there were still vacancies so the AM possibly was under capacity.

I have never had to organize one of these but I would say the Great Falls event was at capacity too.

Comment

Working...
                              X